Blurry Out of Focus Camera
3214 9 2015-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
bryanesposito
lvl.2
United States

I'm having a problem with an out of focus image using my new Inspire. Specifically, the center of the image is blurry while the outside is not.
The following photos were taken today, around 45 degrees Fahrenheit, above the 5 degree Celsius limit.

Compare the house in the center of the frame, with the house to the right of the frame:

Here I've cropped the image for you to better compare:

I've compared photos of this home against similar photos I've taken of the same home with my P2V+, and the Inspire shots are far worse.

I've tried resetting the camera to default settings, I've tried flying without the clear filter, etc.

Is my camera a lemon?
2015-3-2
Use props
bryanesposito
lvl.2
United States

Here's another example:

Left side taken with house in center of frame; right side taken by turning Inspire and putting house on the far right of frame. Both were taken from inside my house through an open window, 45 degrees outside. So cold isn't the issue.

Even my horses' crap is more sharp
2015-3-2
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

Usually lens need 4 hours to recover from the effect of cold condition.
2015-3-3
Use props
bryanesposito
lvl.2
United States

My second example was taken from inside my house through an open window, 6 hours after the first in-flight example. I tried again this morning after the camera was in room temperature for 18 hours, still the same affect. DJI has offered to RMA it, but it's just disappointing. I'd rather buy a new camera than wait a month to use my Inspire.
2015-3-3
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

bryanesposito@g Posted at 2015-3-3 21:39
My second example was taken from inside my house through an open window, 6 hours after the first in- ...

Another member on this forum had the same problem.
Don't remember who.
So if you think you have a lemon, then there are at least 2

I think the camera is faulty.
And what about your video's ?

Anyway, i'm gonna test this out tomorrow
Thanks for the share
2015-3-3
Use props
ambambcopter
lvl.2
United Kingdom

bryanesposito@g Posted at 2015-3-3 04:16
Here's another example:

Left side taken with house in center of frame; right side taken by turning ...

I notice another difference between the two side by side pictures.
The right hand one is stretched slightly horizontally or the left hand one compressed horizontally.
Did you do this to fit the pictures here?
Or is this another anomaly.
Cos if you didn't, it tends to indicate the lens is incorrectly shaped at manufacture.
Or if it is thin enough, mounted under enough tension to flex minutely which would mess with the focus.
2015-3-3
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

As Dundee stated there was an issue like yours with another Gentleman either last week or the week before? I suspect there is a Lens issue out there. Due to the weather I have not tried mine yet other than inside and all seems fine so far.
2015-3-3
Use props
bryanesposito
lvl.2
United States

ambambcopter@bt Posted at 2015-3-3 22:39
I notice another difference between the two side by side pictures.
The right hand one is stretched ...

I think this is due to the "left hand" photo being cropped from the center of the image; while the "right hand" photo is cropped from the far right side of the image. The lens has a slight fisheye, which compresses the image horizontally in the center (I think?).
2015-3-3
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

dundee Posted at 2015-3-3 22:11
Another member on this forum had the same problem.
Don't remember who.
So if you think you have a  ...

Found that link

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... ht=blur&lang=en
2015-3-3
Use props
rossco
lvl.2
Flight distance : 631729 ft
United Kingdom

Ok I am having an issue with blurry images! I usually have the camera settings set to auto as I assumed that this would work and get a focussed shot. However since doing photography of properties for example. I have noticed the images have a slight blurry throughout the entire image so non of it looks in focus (foreground or background). I have to take the raw file and drop it into photoshop and sharpen the image to bring it slightly back to focus! why is this? i have tried numerous iso and shutter speed settings yet still getting out of focus shots! i am not using the NV filter that came with it (spare filter). what general settings would suffice to get a clearer shot? i used a phantom vision 2 plus before this and the stills were better quality than the inspire 1 and that shouldnt be happening! would appreciate any help from any of you please!

Thanks,
Rossco
2015-3-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules