Follow me and iPhone 7 Plus (AT&T)
985 5 2017-4-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alex's Mavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 5423 ft
United States

I have been trying to use the dji Mavic pro follow me feature with my iPhone 7Plus on at&t network to no avail. It keeps telling me that theee is a weak gps signal. Tried turning off wifi and cellular and still no go. I have tried my friends Verizon phone and it works like a charm. This is getting quiet frustrating. I was hoping that the new firmware .600 and dji go 4.0.7 would fix it but no such luck. Anyone else with this issue?  Have you been able to fix it?
2017-4-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Alex, we replied your another thread as well, thanks for your feedback, we've forwarded it to the engineers, will do a test and get back to you.
2017-4-18
Use props
fansd592a276
New
Flight distance : 2585 ft
Norway

DJI Natalia Posted at 2017-4-18 22:48
Alex, we replied your another thread as well, thanks for your feedback, we've forwarded it to the engineers, will do a test and get back to you.

Isn't it about time that we get a solution for this? At the very least, some clear communications.
2017-6-11
Use props
BoomStrike
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

After much experimentation and dealing with using an active phone on other machines and the Mavic, I drew the conclusion that if you guys want to get serious and avoid a barrage of  problems get yourself an I-pad Mini and totally forget using your phone for flying.

There is entirely to much happening - i.e. facebook, calls, notifications, apps, etc. that can and will conflict with your machine which you don't want happening while your flying a $1000+ investment.  

Fly Safe - Mike
2017-6-11
Use props
AidanKless
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Hi.
We tested different iPhones and found that the GPS location accuracy is different at the same place. Some of them can be around 5 meters, it is good for FollowMe, but some of them can be more than 10 meters, which is not safe. So concerned for safety, we adjust the requirement of GPS accuracy to 10 meters in FollowMe mode. You can try this in
version 4.1.0.
2017-6-13
Use props
Ex Machina
First Officer
Flight distance : 1806362 ft
United States

AidanKless Posted at 2017-6-13 22:12
Hi.
We tested different iPhones and found that the GPS location accuracy is different at the same place. Some of them can be around 5 meters, it is good for FollowMe, but some of them can be more than 10 meters, which is not safe. So concerned for safety, we adjust the requirement of GPS accuracy to 10 meters in FollowMe mode. You can try this in
version 4.1.0.

Thanks for the info. I tested Follow Me with Go 4.1.0/.0800 using my iPhone 7 on AT&T and received a "Strong GPS" message, but the Mavic stayed put and didn't follow me. Is there a known issue with certain iPhone models on AT&T?
2017-6-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules