WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO SEE YOUR APP IN BRIGHT LIGHT
4569 38 2015-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
rfrye
lvl.4
Flight distance : 309606 ft
United States

What are you guys doing to best see the DJI pilot app on your device in the bright light?

I purchased a hood but this seems to help very little.

I'd appreciate any and all suggestions.
2015-3-2
Use props
littleninja72
New

United Arab Emirates

Hi there

I went for a SummitLink Sun Shade. I have no point of comparison but display looks quite OK.
2015-3-2
Use props
Luinil
lvl.2

United States

I wear a wide brimmed hat to shade my eyes and I do not wear sunglasses or glasses with transition lenses. Have found that they reduce the screen contrast and brightness. Also have bre brightness on the iPad cranked all the way up.
2015-3-2
Use props
misticsea
lvl.2
Flight distance : 87228484 ft
United States

Anti glare screen protector
2015-3-2
Use props
bubo_bubo
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Theres a few places / people selling these on ebay I just selected the first one that came up.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/7-Inch ... ire-1-/251666886658

Plus a I wear sun glasses but bright light your part of the world might be a lot more than my part of the world, plus I try and move so the sun is behind me and I am shading the ipad but been lucky so far in this respect
2015-3-2
Use props
bubo_bubo
lvl.3

United Kingdom

P.S. You obviously dont need the clamp only the shade but I used the clamp to upgrade the clamp on the phantom remote to take an ipad instead of my phone.
2015-3-2
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

I use this with a sunshade for my spotter and myself when glare is really bad.
2015-3-2
Use props
rodger
First Officer
Flight distance : 20145135 ft
  • >>>
United States

The "Hoodie" is supposed to be a good product. Haven't order one yet but going to soon.
2015-3-2
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.3

United States

rodger Posted at 2015-3-3 10:36
The "Hoodie" is supposed to be a good product. Haven't order one yet but going to soon.

I can vouch for the Hoodi. Tried one mention above. Didn't work for me.
2015-3-3
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
Flight distance : 872694 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hoodi's are great.. The new Hat version is the best by far. I would recommend a anti glare screen protector as well.
2015-3-3
Use props
flynamics
lvl.1

United States

hello all, I made a video on making your own sun shield. it was my first instructional video ever.
I also use the anti glare screen protector. the good thing of making your own shield, is that you could make it deep. most you buy are short and allow too much light, you still need to find shade. I also use a sun hat, wide brim and stay right over my sun shield/controller works great.  my friend throws a black blanket type over is head and drapes himself. he looks weird but he fly's this way perfect. some people would feel uncomfortable completely blacking out. I also tried a small kids camping or beach tent and sprayed paint it black. works great. its always good to have someone with you if your hiding in a black blanket or mini tent.
link:
http://youtu.be/pLqteMlfd40

2015-3-3
Use props
flynamics
lvl.1

United States

here are 2 pictures from my post on the dji forum.
shield2.jpg
shield3.jpg
2015-3-3
Use props
jonathanp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 519275 ft
Canada

How does the Ipad Air2 compare to the Mini in direct sun light? I've got the original Air & the iPhone 6 right now. Considering adding the Air2 or mini.
2015-3-3
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

jonathanp Posted at 2015-3-4 00:40
How does the Ipad Air2 compare to the Mini in direct sun light? I've got the original Air & the iPho ...

About the same.
2015-3-3
Use props
AegisFC
lvl.3
Flight distance : 12372 ft
United States

Where's the Hoodi?  Can't seem to find it online using that description.
2015-3-3
Use props
bill
lvl.2
United States

AegisFC Posted at 2015-3-4 00:50
Where's the Hoodi?  Can't seem to find it online using that description.

Here you go: http://www.hoodivision.com/#!products-ipad-sun-shade-old/c4jv
2015-3-3
Use props
flynamics
lvl.1

United States

TRY THIS HOODIE!
3m_privacy_hoodie.jpg
2015-3-3
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.3

United States

LOL -- Now that's funny. Wish I had one!
2015-3-3
Use props
tgraustin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3396490 ft
United States

I've got the Hoodman H900 attached nicely to my ipad mini.. works great, and you can access the screen easily

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/pr ... _8_4_Long_Hood.html
2015-3-3
Use props
kelleyre
lvl.4
Flight distance : 59199 ft
United States

I came across this searching for iPad air 2 sunshades.
This is included with the parrot bebop drone.
It works with the iPad and has an adapter for the iPad mini.
I called the parrot folks and they said this is not for sale separately . I was almost on my hands and knees begging but no luck.
I ask what it you had a bebop and had lost the sunshade ,he said you would be out of luck, have to buy another bebop.  What??
I have a shade from Marshal for my phantoml that is the exactly the same but it is for a 7" screen.
Marshall Sun Shade (V-H70X) for 7" Monitors
For viewing, these types of shades are incredible, almost like goggles to some extent.

parrot

Marshall

shade.png
shade 2.png
2015-3-3
Use props
danforth16.comc
lvl.1
Flight distance : 80863 ft
United States

I have made my own out of black foam board and most importantly, Oregon Laminations has a black flex-hinge for 3/16 foam board. The hinge fits an ipad air and makes assembly very easy.
2015-3-3
Use props
flynamics
lvl.1

United States

The only problem i see with some of the hoods is access to the screen. I do manual camera functions and once I had an emergency and need to get o my screen fast before my inspire home point was lost and It was landing over water after transmission came back on screen. I quickly had to set new home point to my receiver. I would use the complete closed hood depending on what I'm doing.

the one I made at home works great, I do have a bigger sun hat at home, gives me more shade. Im in sunny South Florida.
also dont wear light shirts, the sun bounces off your controller and tshirt adding light to your screen. dark or black shirts work better.
FullSizeRender_2.jpg
Sunshield 1.jpg
2015-3-3
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

InspiredOne Posted at 2015-3-3 23:32

They are supposed to have a new release of the "Hoodie" for 2015. I am waiting that out.
2015-3-3
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Colonel Angus Posted at 2015-3-3 10:15
I use this with a sunshade for my spotter and myself when glare is really bad.

Now that is one solid impressive setup for a Monitor!! You must use it for shooting Video also?
2015-3-3
Use props
vonbaron1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 42014 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the Hoodie on the Ipad Air and its not bad but not impressed either.  Does the job but is kind of like a wet noodle.  Its very soft sided with just a tab on each side toward the bottom that sticks on the face of the Ipad and then a metal magnet rod at the top to hold it on. Its ok, but there may be better out there.  One other thing is when using it, you need to have the control button to the left.
2015-3-3
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

rodger Posted at 2015-3-4 05:54
Now that is one solid impressive setup for a Monitor!! You must use it for shooting Video also?

Universal use nice fluid head for shooting video of the inspire in flight however sort of a pain to lug..lol
Have a few tripods laying around always,but this one really impressed me  out of the box ,and worth lugging around.
All apart of the drill monitor was a sweet deal on amazon video pops as well it has a pop up sun screen whole thing folds flat and rechargeable battery's ..Make's ease of work for a spotter. Also have a spotter if possible so when and if your questioned by some nosey person your on your game and have a witness at hand .
2015-3-3
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Colonel Angus Posted at 2015-3-4 11:16
Universal use nice fluid head for shooting video of the inspire in flight however sort of a pain t ...

I have a couple of really right stuff tripods and also one of their fluid heads.
2015-3-4
Use props
ted35
lvl.1
Flight distance : 580758 ft
United States

My sun glare fix has thus far been fool-proof....I moved to Seattle!
2015-3-4
Use props
Chato1974.gmail
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3657356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I stand in the shade, or use the shade of my body to shade the iPad.
2015-3-4
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

LOL......perfect actually.........
2015-3-4
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

rodger Posted at 2015-3-4 20:12
I have a couple of really right stuff tripods and also one of their fluid heads.

Always be prepared and look as pro as you can..
2015-3-4
Use props
Blade_Strike
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

rodger Posted at 2015-3-4 05:52
They are supposed to have a new release of the "Hoodie" for 2015. I am waiting that out.

Already out, it's called the IpadHat..
2015-3-4
Use props
DJK
New
Flight distance : 44154 ft
United States

I find the new iPad air 2 with the built in antiglare better than anything else i have tried right out of the box.
2015-3-4
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Blade_Strike Posted at 2015-3-5 07:33
Already out, it's called the IpadHat..

Thanks big guy. Have you tried it? They seem to have the right idea. Some of the Posts show a huge tunnel set up. Personnaly I like the compact idea. I want to look at the Tablet and glance over it to see my Inspire.
2015-3-4
Use props
rodger
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

InspiredOne Posted at 2015-3-3 23:32

I agree, the consensus all leads in that direction. I don't want to look down a tunnel and then look away and have to adjust to see my Inspire. I have a very nice Hood/Shade for my Phantom 2 that is spot on. I use it with my iPhone. Easy to access and no reflections what so ever!
Thanks for the reply.
2015-3-4
Use props
GeneralToner
lvl.4

United States

rodger Posted at 2015-3-5 10:39
Thanks big guy. Have you tried it? They seem to have the right idea. Some of the Posts show a huge ...

Received mine Monday for Air2.  Far better than my foam board one.  With attached to pad, it is a very tight fit into the holder (but it fits).
2015-3-4
Use props
jonathanp
lvl.4
Canada

DJK Posted at 2015-3-5 10:13
I find the new iPad air 2 with the built in antiglare better than anything else i have tried right o ...

I'm glad I got the air2.  I didn't find the bigger iPad to be any issue.  Some people complained about it being more bulky etc.
2015-3-9
Use props
jonathanp
lvl.4
Canada

Also anyone tried this hood?
http://www.infinity-hobby.com/ma ... p;products_id=11469
2015-3-9
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer