flying a phantom 2 vision next to a phantom
903 5 2015-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
tucknrotor
lvl.1

United States

My friend and i both have phantom 2 newest versions but he has a gopro with an fpv set up and i have a vision plus...can we fly these together in the same area? Or could signals get harry between the frequency? I have flew a phantom 1 next to his before but that didnt have any fpv or anything special.
2015-3-2
Use props
Barney Rubbel
Second Officer
United States

They should each have their own frequencies for the controllers, and the FPV is on a network that is separate from these controllers so you should have no issue.    Barney
2015-3-2
Use props
Capt. Bill
lvl.4

United States

No worries at all since the advent of spread spectrum technology on 2.4 and 5.8 GHz. You will see 20 helicopter pilots flying at the same time.
2015-3-2
Use props
skymaker6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 49009 ft
United States

I did not have an issue when I was flying 2 P2V+ at the same time each taking videos of each other. They were not very far from each other, and it was only test. It's hard to fly 2 at the same time.
2015-3-2
Use props
tucknrotor
lvl.1

United States

Cool thanks guys
2015-3-2
Use props
tonyray955
lvl.3

United States

What the OP said got me to thinking.

The Phantom 2 radio is 2.4Ghz and the FPV is 5.8GHz so it doesn't interfere with the radio but they do tell you not to use the wifi on the Gopro.  The vision + radio is 5.8GHz and uses wifi on 2.4GHz so the radio doesn't get interference from the wifi. I know the 2 radios won't interfere but will the wifi from the Vision+ interfere with the radio of the phantom 2?
2015-3-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules