s900 GPS problems I think!!
2608 8 2015-3-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sam
lvl.1

Australia

Hi,

s900, A2, Lightbridge, Futaba remote. I'm up to my 4-5th flight. Everything good until now!!

Had a 6m fall, Not sure what happened, was in GPS mode, aircraft took a home point- I took off after 30 secs hovering at 2m, s900 went up super fast to 6m and it kept going up and down really fast, with no control from me. A2 went into failsafe, led went into blue flashes, but it kept going violently up and down for about 10 secs (not windy either). I flicked it to manual (as I figured something was up with the GPS), but it was too late- dropped straight down breaking a landing skid, arm mount and a couple of arm clips/propellors.

Whilst I wait for parts I've fixed what I can to just test a few things, without taking it off the ground. the s900 on motor start up vibrates more than usual (this i assume is because of the cable-tied- cracked arm mount). Doesn't seem to be any other damage to frame, or any other components. No errors come up for the components in A2 Assistant software.

I feel though that the source of the problem may have something to do with this GPS unit.

Today, when I plugged battery in (without starting motors up)- in GPS mode, it searched for satellites (3 red flashes), but then it goes to a steady pink, green, pink, green, repeatedly. When I switch to manual, I get blue flashes, and then if I go back to GPS mode it just stays on the blue flashes. Now, when I start up it is just blue flashes. (tried a GPS recalibration- didn't work)

Can some-one tell me what both these led indicators mean? and what is my next step?

Cheers

2015-3-2
Use props
sam
lvl.1

Australia

Sorry, just found out that the blue flashes, are because lightbridge can't connect with the Futaba Remote 14TSG. The training port is a bit dodgy. So I'll need to tape that one in/down.

So now I just get pink, green, pause, pink, green, pause, in GPS mode. Is this normal? And after start up I am getting pink (6), which is apparently telling me that the aircraft is within 8 metres of home point...
2015-3-2
Use props
DJI-Autumn
Second Officer

Hong Kong

sam@walkingstor Posted at 2015-3-3 10:56
Sorry, just found out that the blue flashes, are because lightbridge can't connect with the Futaba R ...

In IOC mode?
2015-3-4
Use props
sam
lvl.1

Australia

yep. seems like all the lights are flashing correctly now: however the s900 keeps toppling over when I take off, which it didn't do before. I am confused. suggestions?   
2015-3-16
Use props
dennismurry08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5948264 ft
  • >>>
United States

I dont know about before but today is a bad day to fly in gps mode. There seems to be some type of solar storm thats passing...this link shows how high the intensity is...this one is pretty high as alerts usually go off starting at K4..this one reaches up to K8 so not so sure I'd rely on any gps flying today...just saying...http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/products/planetary-k-index I'd try using Atti mode today
2015-3-17
Use props
sam
lvl.1

Australia

dennismurry08@c Posted at 2015-3-18 00:37
I dont know about before but today is a bad day to fly in gps mode. There seems to be some type of s ...

That's interesting Dennis... Do you think its the same in Australia?

If it was a bad day would the GPS module still get full satellites? It says it does. And I tried again today, and the hexacopter still flips on take off.

I have no idea where to go from here, and I am not sure what is wrong with it. Anyone know what my next move needs to be.  
2015-3-18
Use props
dennismurry08
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

sam@walkingstor Posted at 2015-3-18 17:17
That's interesting Dennis... Do you think its the same in Australia?

If it was a bad day would t ...

I have a couple of questions..are you taking off in Atti or GPS? Second, if its flipping over could your control be reversed? Meaning you think forward but the aircraft goes backward? I always start my 900 and 1000's and take it up just slightly above idle then check my controls...forward you should see it lean that way, backward, left, right...have you tried that yet? I'd really like to see a video (without if flipping over) but not enough throttle for it do any harm...also is the RED cable from Lightbridge plugged into you flight control radio? Lastly, just for checking the led flashes, turn IOC off and see what colors you get
2015-3-18
Use props
sam
lvl.1

Australia

Hi Dennis,

Sorted. Thanks for your help. the issue was somehow, I'd put 1xCCW propellor on a CW motor after the crash. Rookie Mistake.  

Cheers
2015-3-18
Use props
dennismurry08
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

sam@walkingstor Posted at 2015-3-19 09:25
Hi Dennis,

Sorted. Thanks for your help. the issue was somehow, I'd put 1xCCW propellor on a CW mo ...

Oh my, yep, that would do it. Glad to see you found it.
2015-3-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules