Drone allowance on Alitalia Airlines
2326 9 2017-4-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans0b490fbd
New
United States

Hey guys!

I have an upcoming trip to Europe in June. My flight was booked through Delta but I have a layover in Madrid then I have a flight with Alitalia Airlines to Rome. I am planning to bring my P4 with me since Rome is not the only city I am visiting. I plan to use it in Dubrovnik and Santorini. Anyways, while checking with airlines to verify if/how my drone can be brought as a carry-on, I noticed on the Alitalia Airlines site that "drones" are not mentioned at all, not even under "prohibited items". After seeing this I called them up twice and both times the representatives did not know what a drone was, which was a bit annoying. After multiple holds they gave me an abrupt "no" with no justification. I would like to know if anyone has any advice or personal experience with this airline and what I should do. I am traveling to Europe courtesy of YouTube so having the drone is essential. Plus, every other airline that I am using allows drones which is why I am confused. Thank you all for any help, it's greatly appreciated!
2017-4-17
Use props
fansad6ed80e
lvl.2
United States

Stow w/o props in the same case and call it camera equipment.
2017-4-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

If people don't know the answer, NO is a very easy way to finish the conversation.
Most airlines have no specific policy regarding drones - just policies for Lipo batteries.
If Alitalia don't have a specific drone policy, they don't have a specific drone policy.
Stop annoying their phone people.
2017-4-17
Use props
Xavier1984
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1634843 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Hi, any news about Alitalia rules ? I will fly with this company in June ;-)
2017-5-1
Use props
Eric13
Second Officer
Flight distance : 13982031 ft
  • >>>
Germany

There may be no more Alitalia in June:

http://www.wokv.com/business/ali ... laQDOOYL4qT1Dx5WBL/
2017-5-1
Use props
Jerryjin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 583146 ft
United States

Drones should be allow on every airlines or international/domestic flights.The only exceptions are that the batteries have to be taken off the case if you are not carry with you on to the plane.
2017-5-1
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Looks like Alitalia might not be accepting any payloads in the not too distant future:-

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-39780604
2017-5-2
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Eric13 Posted at 2017-5-1 07:25
There may be no more Alitalia in June:

http://www.wokv.com/business/ali ... laQDOOYL4qT1Dx5WBL/

I see you beat me to it, never mind. Does this mean it's real news if more than one source ?
2017-5-2
Use props
Xavier1984
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1634843 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

No fun ! I hope all will be OK since 2 June hihihi !
2017-5-2
Use props
fansd5cba22b
New
Flight distance : 41293 ft
Germany

I flew with Alitalia before with no issues. Your real issue is flying in Dubrovnik. I recently found out how strict it is there with UAV.
2017-5-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules