Hover Issues
554 8 2017-4-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2c239ec2
New
United States

Any one else having issues with your Mavic not hovering?

When I take off the drone just goes and doesn't stop. When I try and land I have to hold the toggle down till it says "Landing" and I can't controll the drone after that. Once in landing mode it lands, can't stop it and tell it to go up.

Any ideas? Could it be the new firmware update?

My buddies drone. Takes off, hovers and then when het pushes the toggle up, the drone goes up. when he takes his finger off the throttle it stops. When he lands he holds the toggle down till it lands, if he is landing and take his finger off the toggle it stops and hovers whatever height he is at.

Thanks!
2017-4-19
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

Only suggesting I can think of off the top of my head - Recal your remote.
2017-4-19
Use props
fans2c239ec2
New
United States

Xman1 Posted at 2017-4-19 07:20
Only suggesting I can think of off the top of my head - Recal your remote.

that's what we were thinking. thanks!
2017-4-19
Use props
RedTailHawk36
lvl.2
Flight distance : 978553 ft
United States

You're Not in fixed wing mode right? I know it's a dumb question because I think you have to get it going and then set fixed wing mode.
2017-4-19
Use props
zuluwhiskey
New
United States

I am not in fixed wing mode.
2017-4-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 10017858 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Is VPS turned on?
2017-4-19
Use props
Eagle_Eye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

You can abort landing by switching ON/OFF sports mode.
With your hovering issue I'm not sure why your MP is doing that.
2017-4-19
Use props
jeebs-9
lvl.4
Flight distance : 174262 ft
United States

Are you sure that you can't exit landing mode and that you updated to the newest Firmware?

Because in this thread we resolved this exact problem in the newest firmware update. Make you have that.
http://forum.dji.com/thread-89386-1-1.html

edit: Like the user above me said. You can use the posrts mode switch as a work around.
2017-4-19
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

When I take off the drone just goes and doesn't stop.

So it continues climbing indefinitely after you take off or just up to a certain altitude? If the latter, at what altitude does it stop? Otherwise, what is it that you're able to do to get it to stop ascending?

When I try and land I have to hold the toggle down till it says "Landing"

You mean it pauses a little bit above the ground and then proceeds to land? That's the normal behavior with the default app settings.

I can't controll the drone after that.

You probably can make fine adjustments but just don't realize it. Try moving the right stick during landing and you'll see what I mean; it responds very sluggishly but it does respond to stick input while landing.

Once in landing mode it lands, can't stop it and tell it to go up.

That's a bug that I understand is fixed in the latest version of the firmware.

When [my friend] lands he holds the toggle down till it lands, if he is landing and take his finger off the toggle it stops and hovers whatever height he is at.

I'm guessing that he has landing protection disabled in his app, in which case this is the normal behavior.
2017-4-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules