Maintenance and Servicing Intervals
633 4 2017-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Drone_Hack
lvl.1

Australia

Hello DJI

I have 14 Hours flight time on my Mavic and have had it since December 2016 so I would like an OFFICAL service schedule so as to prevent anything going wrong. It would be great if someone from DJI could jump in on this one, as the manual does not have any maintenance advice. Just being precautious and don't want it falling out of the sky over something silly like a few drops of oil...
GO...

Cheers

2017-4-23
Use props
Eagle_Eye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

As for maintenance of the MP, I occasionally just wipe the body/props w/ dry lint free cloth and using a really soft brush to clean the sensors/lens and cavity.
I'm thinking of getting a compress air in can so I can softly blow off some dust off the internal fans if any.
2017-4-23
Use props
Drone_Hack
lvl.1

Australia

Eagle_Eye Posted at 2017-4-23 03:59
As for maintenance of the MP, I occasionally just wipe the body/props w/ dry lint free cloth and using a really soft brush to clean the sensors/lens and cavity.
I'm thinking of getting a compress air in can so I can softly blow off some dust off the internal fans if any.

Thanks for the tips, I was pretty much doing this stuff already but its good to get feedback cheers.

Moreover, I guess I am also asking (in the worst possible way) what type of lifespan do we foresee out of the motors/electronics before sending in for a service or trying a DIY job.
2017-4-23
Use props
Eagle_Eye
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4137720 ft
United States

Drone_Hack Posted at 2017-4-23 04:13
Thanks for the tips, I was pretty much doing this stuff already but its good to get feedback cheers.

Moreover, I guess I am also asking (in the worst possible way) what type of lifespan do we foresee out of the motors/electronics before sending in for a service or trying a DIY job.

I'm not an expert but if you keep up w/ your routine maintenance, I think it will last a while.
It will not hurt to throw a bag of silica/dessicant in the case to absorb any moisture from the MP.
2017-4-23
Use props
Harbourside
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

I had my Vision + for 3 years before upgrading to the Mavic in November, never touched it, there is no need.
The worst thing you can do is add any oil to the motors, all that will do is attract dust and debris.
Just do the usual pre-flight checks and everything will be fine.
2017-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules