626 2 2017-4-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
inlovearoundthe
New
Flight distance : 5171 ft
United Kingdom

Hi guys,

Got a Mavic last month, it is my first drone and been on a few short flights to get some experience and get a feel for the drone. Having read forum and watching a few videos, quite nervous about flying to be honest.

Anyway I went to a London park yesterday at 7am so there wouldn't be many people around and it isn't on the No Fly Zones in the DJI Go 4. It also isn't a Royal Park and there is no signs in the park to say drones aren't allowed.

I am confused by the NATS app, in the zone I was it says Regulared Airspace, exercise extreme caution and abide by dronecode, fair enough.

Then under the Summary it says operation of drone may be hazardous or prohibited.

Anyone can clarify this for me?

We are going away next weekend and planning to take the drone with us abroad, I know the NATS is for the UK only and I'm nervous that maybe just going by with DJI Nofly zone may not be enough.

2017-4-23
Use props
Harbourside
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

The NATS app (drone assist) is a bit heavy handed with regards to class airspace, the Mavic is ok to fly in these areas as long as the guidelines in the dronecode are followed.
I live quite close to an experimental nuclear site that is shown as prohibited on all maps apart from the NATS app.
I tend to check THIS website for accurate information on NFZ and restrictions before flying.
2017-4-23
Use props
inlovearoundthe
New
Flight distance : 5171 ft
United Kingdom

Harbourside Posted at 2017-4-23 12:24
The NATS app (drone assist) is a bit heavy handed with regards to class airspace, the Mavic is ok to fly in these areas as long as the guidelines in the dronecode are followed.
I live quite close to an experimental nuclear site that is shown as prohibited on all maps apart from the NATS app.
I tend to check THIS website for accurate information on NFZ and restrictions before flying.

Thanks a lot - checked that website and it is fine to fly where I was

It is so hard to know for sure, add being anxious to fly because one is a newbie, it makes one question having the drone.

Anyway have saved the website and will be using it next time - thank you!

2017-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules