DJI Charging Hub
969 5 2017-4-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Nevillejp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 703684 ft
New Zealand

I have the DJI Charging Hub for the Phantom 4 and have just noticed that in Storage Mode it will not discharge a battery that is at 100%, plug the battery in and the 4 green lights on the battery turn on but the light on the charger stays RED, run the battery down to 98% and it works fine, anyone esle notice this problem?
2017-4-24
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

I never had to discharge a battery that was still at 100%, so I don't know if my hub would do the same, so far it has acted like the manual says, RE the Status LEDs. Next time I charge my batteries I will try, though. Are you talking about a "normal" P4 Battery, or the new more powerful one ? The charger may be set for the old ones and show a different behaviour with a more powerful one, but i doubt it. Also, is the charger connected or not? (If the battery  you put in discharge mode is at more than 50%, the charger doesn't need to be plugged in).
Screen shot 2017-04-24 at 11.23.44 PM.png
2017-4-24
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I don't see any needs to do that unless you are an International photographer and you have to board a plane in an hour???   

Just kidding... but now I am curious. I will try it on both P4 battery and P4P battery and let you guys know.

2017-4-24
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

UPDATE... I tried to discharge P4P battery whihc was 100% full and kept it for 2 hours did NOT budge. I tried a P4 batteey which was at 100% full and same thing, it won't discharge in the hub!
2017-4-24
Use props
Nevillejp
lvl.4
New Zealand

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-4-24 13:30
I never had to discharge a battery that was still at 100%, so I don't know if my hub would do the same, so far it has acted like the manual says, RE the Status LEDs. Next time I charge my batteries I will try, though. Are you talking about a "normal" P4 Battery, or the new more powerful one ? The charger may be set for the old ones and show a different behaviour with a more powerful one, but i doubt it. Also, is the charger connected or not? (If the battery  you put in discharge mode is at more than 50%, the charger doesn't need to be plugged in).

You're right, there is probably no need to discharge a full battery but  it looks like the Hub is in need of a firmware update to allow it if you ever did need to.
2017-4-24
Use props
Nevillejp
lvl.4
New Zealand

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-4-24 13:30

If the charger is NOT connected you can insert a Full Battery into the Hub then power the battery on and it will show a blue light and discharge the battery, just doesn't work when the hub is connected to the charger so looks like like the hub needs  needs a firmware update to fix it.
2017-4-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules