Who has had zero problems with their Inspire so far?
12Next >
3438 40 2015-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blip
lvl.2

United States

Dear RC community,

I was wondering about how many of you guys had had no problems at all with your Inspire?

How many flights have you had approximately and out of those flights, how many of them were flawless?

2015-3-5
Use props
jsclark89
lvl.2
Flight distance : 210719 ft

Canada

Other than software bugs like my flight data being lost between the ios beta and v1.0 apps, no issues here.  All flights have been flawless although I've only flown about 15 times because it's been so cold.  
2015-3-5
Use props
will
lvl.2

United States

I was so close to everything being perfect (updates, video feed range is awesome, etc) up until I discovered my gimbal roll issue...

Maybe being in the cold is the trick, jsclark89? LOL
2015-3-5
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

Since the latest update All Is Good!! {:2_31:}
2015-3-5
Use props
Muscadel
lvl.3

South Africa

Absolutely no problems with mine,.... 50 odd flights, performed flawlessly right up to the second I unfortunately had an accident
2015-3-5
Use props
wesdorman
lvl.2

United States

will@willbarnwe Posted at 2015-3-6 00:02
I was so close to everything being perfect (updates, video feed range is awesome, etc) up until I di ...

you mentioned gimbal roll issue.  I could not find your post about this.  did you have an issue and now solved?

I have recently found my horizon NOT staying level during some flights.  after IMU and compass, of course.... everything will start fine, but during flight will see that the roll is off.  just got back from trip shooting along the ocean.  no better place to see the earths built in level..

if you could lead me to your post much appreciated.
2015-3-5
Use props
skyvideoct
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1136230 ft
United States

I've had mine for a month and run a dual RC with a pair of Nexus 7s. 30+ flights with NO issues whatsoever. Sure, I'd like some additional tweaks, but no failures.
I have had to alter my plans for takeoff (location) due to cell or other interference to get the compass to calibrate successfully. I will NOT bypass a single item on my preflight checklist to fly impetuously. Methodical safety and absolute confidence in all systems before takeoff. So, I'm happy because I do it by the book and have no mishaps to log. Hmmm.
Jay
2015-3-5
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

Rock solid , no problems with set up , upgrade firmware , calibrate imu , calibrated controls , and compass .. These systems are pretty much the same as a p2 as I figured , so everything went very smooth without any complaints from me , first flight , cam and features are really great too, just some minor app bugs etc to iron out but otherwise the inspire is awesome and DJI did it right again !
I'd say if you were new to Rc flight or new to quads with GPS and tons of features...  the inspire would definitely not be a realistic first bird unless you've got lots of $$$ and the brain power to remember all that the inspire will require of you !  Start with the p2 or p2v which are much more forgiving in a crash ,
the inspire 1 will not be so forgiving to pilot error at 6.5 pounds flying weight...
2015-3-5
Use props
will
lvl.2

United States

wesdorman@gmail Posted at 2015-3-6 00:09
you mentioned gimbal roll issue.  I could not find your post about this.  did you have an issue an ...

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... ra=page%3D1&lang=en

Jay, here's the main thread!!
2015-3-5
Use props
Skywolf007
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2758875 ft
Slovakia

I had 0 problem so far with it. I crashed the camera in snow nothing serious, just touched the ground  with it

Overall I have 41 flights. 5 hours of flight time and 50km+ mileage. I did some seriously long flights too - longest was 4203. Max alt 403m

I love the bird, and yesterday I received 2 new battery - finally I have 3. I can start to fly. Saturday and Sunday will be sunny with minimal wind so I'm going to visit some castle ruin
2015-3-5
Use props
gds3d
lvl.3
Flight distance : 29646 ft
United States

I have had no problems but have only flown +/-10 flights just practicing.
Finally have my 6 extra batteries and the weather is supposed to be good so more flights soon!
The Inspire has performed as advertised and I am thrilled!!!
2015-3-5
Use props
todd
lvl.1

United States

I have over 50 plus flights, some in very windy conditions over Gulf of Mexico, some remote areas that had not cell service but still had GPS,
Only issues I have had have been on my own part. No crashes - just one time I lost GPS and it Drifted due to high winds, GPS loss I feel was due to 24 story condo I was flying about 3 feet away from top of wall / roof and had cell towers on top. So be careful for cell towers.

Having a Turbo Ace as well as the Inspire - the Inspire 1 is far better in both performance and reliability.

2015-3-5
Use props
bubo_bubo
lvl.3

United Kingdom

20 odd flights, other than a small issue with gimbal tilt its been brilliant and held its own in extremely windy conditions.

Not flown for a week though as too  busy and too busy to do the firmware update.

Its a good query as you usually only hear those having issues, rightly so, but can be disproportionate.

So far Phantom and Inspire are ace and I am very pleased with my products.

How many Inspires world wide do you think have been sold? I think this might put the issues in perspective.

Wonder if Tahoe_Ed would be allowed to tell us an indication?
2015-3-5
Use props
will
lvl.2

United States

I'll further add to that...make no mistake...I LOVE MY INSPIRE!

And once I get this gimbal glitch fixed, I'll love it even more!  The responsiveness, the range, the raw speed, the capabilities, are all quite amazing and my poor Phantom 2 hasn't been used since I got my Inspire.  It'll get some flight time soon since I'm going to Jackson Hole soon and my Inspire will be with the repair center during that time.
2015-3-5
Use props
shakyamunifilms
lvl.2

United States

I've had 100 flights and minimal GPS problems and Compass problems. (All solved with IMU calibration)
I've seen my gimbal tilt bad 3 times total, very minimal.  Other than that I've gotten INCREDIBLE results with my bird and have diminished all the bad talk on the Inspire, dismissing other pilots problems with the fact they got faulty units. (Very Unfortunate)

Received my Inspire on the 2nd of Jan. STILL WAITING for prop locks, but have flown without them, hand tightening props every flight and re-checking during battery switch.

My reliable Phantom 2 has not seen the air in a month lol
2015-3-5
Use props
arunmehta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 120909757 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Rock Solid since latest  update here
2015-3-5
Use props
Acidsnow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 13 ft
Canada

I've had it for a few weeks, but I havn't been able to fly yet because its been -25 degrees everyday since . . .  booooo!!!!
2015-3-5
Use props
brianmlevy.me
lvl.3
Flight distance : 2441663 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have about 25 flights under my belt. The weather here has been pretty lousy since I got mine about 5 weeks ago. Touch wood, no problems to report. I am still nervous about flying at distance away from me. This is a combination of some of the negative reports (which I largely dismiss) and my own anxieties. I have flown about 1850 feet away (pretty much at the edge of my visual range) and the Inspire has, so far, performed absolutely brilliantly. I get a real buzz from flying it...
2015-3-5
Use props
alexmarnas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 606237 ft
France

32 flights, from 8 to 17min, no problem at all. Warm temp over China, below 0°C over France...
This thing is easy and reliable, love it
2015-3-5
Use props
greg7140
lvl.2

United States

Knock on wood (as some one else said!)  I have had 19 flights and logged almost 75000 feet according to the App with no issues at all.  I have mostly been flying around our farm (400 total acres of flat crop fields).  It is cold and snowy...but really looking forward to warmer weather and getting pictures and video other than the farm.

Right now I don't have my Inspire as I am a dealer and have a working relationship with MARS Parachutes and they asked if they could use my Inspire to design a mount for their Parachute system they are doing.  Hopefully I get it back in one piece in a week or so!  LOL

Some day it will warm up and hopefully I will be able to get more pictures than just this!  LOL!

2015-3-5
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

About 40 flights, no problems at all!   Got really brave really fast, it gave me complete confidence very quickly.
2015-3-5
Use props
enkhome
lvl.3
Flight distance : 273038 ft
Netherlands

So far zero nada troubles with my flying tripod,  super steady shots and easy flying. Firmware update = piece of cake ...Just respect and follow the instructions.
More flying = more and more confidence in this piece of high tech equipment.

2015-3-5
Use props
matthew.8750
New

United States

No problemos. A small learning curve at first.
2015-3-5
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

No issues here.  All flights have been flawless  
2015-3-5
Use props
FAST 5K
lvl.1

United States

Over a 150 flights all flawless
2015-3-5
Use props
ronnydsosa
lvl.4
Flight distance : 21624 ft
United States

About 80+ flights. Some over the ocean some under very cold and windy condictions. No problems at all.
2015-3-5
Use props
djaunay
lvl.1

Australia

50 flights in Australia and New Zealand all with no issues.
2015-3-5
Use props
hito
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1312520 ft
United States

About 50 flights, lost GPS signal occasionally, gimbal roll problem once or twice, other than that no issues. Still nervous every time I fly but absolutely loving it!
2015-3-5
Use props
will
lvl.2

United States

While I'm happy for those with no issues...it make me my own luck that much more lol
2015-3-5
Use props
mraff116
lvl.1

United States

I've had 400+ flights on my Inspire with no problems.
2016-9-16
Use props
Aeromirage
First Officer
Flight distance : 1778045 ft
  • >>>

450+ flights with only 2 mishaps... both of which were pilot error. 1 battery began to swell which was replaced under warranty without cost or hassle.
The Inspire is an awesome piece of design and workmanship.
2016-9-16
Use props
laurie.downes
lvl.3
Flight distance : 395581 ft
New Zealand

No problems with mine. 261 Flights, 71 MPH top speed, 1,542 FT top altitude, had the inspire since April 2015. Rarely take the camera and props off, just sits on the table ready to go. Haven't bothered to do the last firmware yet.
2016-9-16
Use props
digitalmediaeli
lvl.3
Flight distance : 408343 ft
United States

Zero problems here. Just remember to turn 'visual positioning' off over water.
2016-9-17
Use props
Hambone
lvl.2
Flight distance : 693209 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have had 52 flights with my V1 and zero defects. The only close call was when I desended vertically too quickly and prop wash caused the bird to tumble, fortunately I had enough altitude to recover but that was pilot error. I have never had a problem with this bird.
Fly well my friend,
Jim
2016-9-17
Use props
Remark504
New

Flawless until I got cocktail. I am looking for a replacement part. The white damper rod on one of the landing feet. Any suggestions *??
2016-9-17
Use props
stewyk
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1423930 ft
United States

130 + FLAWLESS , No issue flights to date. Inspire 1 ,Purchased new June, 2015. ABSOLUTELY incredible machine!!!{:4_181:}
2016-9-17
Use props
edmund
New

Indonesia

Until last week with the issue of FW update and no video signal which is now resolved I am very impressed with the aircraft....

I am also very happy with the Video quality BUT....

I am however VERY critical of the video lag that develops when you pan the Aircraft... along with the occasional missing frame which makes video skip... THIS IS SIMPLY NOT WORTH THE MONEY PAID....

I have 2 Inspire Pro and over the past 12 months having flown in a multitude of locations around the globe.. the issue of video lag and missing frames is VERY frustrating.... noting it is a consistent issue on both birds...
2016-9-27
Use props
MadMat
lvl.2

Australia

Muscadel Posted at 2015-3-6 00:07
Absolutely no problems with mine,.... 50 odd flights, performed flawlessly right up to the second I  ...

Would you mind sharing what your accident was?
2016-10-2
Use props
Donnie
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

I can say that I have had very few problems with my Inspire1 and Phantom 3 Pro  , that is why I am suprised at all the people who come on the forum and say   ' Firmware Sucks "  DJI Sucks " This or that Update Sucks "  If you were into RC hobby  for 20 - 30 years like I have , you would understand that this is a dream come true with todays technology .  The Reliability  of the systems are amazing.  At one time if you crashed there was no such thing as sending in the DATA and see if you are  entitled to a refund. This is a hobby that someone once told me, " All RC aircraft have a Number on it for a reason" , and for most of us The Aircrafts " Number " comes up and we have an incident.  Or another modeler said to me , "If you are gonna fly , you are gonna cry "   .  

So botttom line my system is not perfect, but for me  who reads directions and takes very good care of the equipment , I have 99% confidence in my system .  

all the best -
Til' then

donnie  
2016-10-3
Use props
Hterag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 961978 ft
United Kingdom

I had no issues with my Inspire 1, other than some software issues with the DJI Go app (losing flight data, crashing, etc.).
2016-10-4
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules