Are we to expect another firmware update?
2279 17 2015-3-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Blip
lvl.2

United States

Is another firmware update on the way? Or is this update stable for everybody?

2015-3-5
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4626 ft
United States

Heres another question...Who here thinks the Beta App and January February firmware (original) was more stable than these updates? I DO I DO!

I had ZERO issues with the Beta .92 (whatever it was) app that was pulled from the App store. I lose signal, weak HD downlink, drifting, compass loss etc.
2015-3-5
Use props
daver/m
lvl.4
Flight distance : 234590 ft
United States

All I know is that I hope Dji will make sure to not change firmware, app , bird or camera at the drop of a hat ,  just because pilots errors that are new to RC flight and then get pissed at dji when actually it was thier own under qualified ability .
This has happened before as I've seen in the past two and one half years with dji...so I'm usually cautious to upgrade immediately as sometimes Dji will change firmware , then in a couple more days just after the last upgrade they may rewrite it again ... I haven't had one problem with my bird and it works as expected , the inspire is another excellent dji product for me ...very satisfied !
2015-3-5
Use props
huppeencoyote69
lvl.2

Netherlands

Yeap I'm also cautious with upgrading.Lurned from experience.
But the alst firmware upgrade was an improvement.Also the app (android) update worked fine.
2015-3-6
Use props
keith_d2.hotmai
lvl.3

United States

scooterlam Posted at 2015-3-6 00:03
Heres another question...Who here thinks the Beta App and January February firmware (original) was m ...

This is not the result of the app updates, but rather the firmware updates. The next firmware release is supposed to resolve these issues. I hope that is the case, as these problems are certainly annoying.
2015-3-6
Use props
PureSQNut
lvl.4

United States

Firmware updates are a wonderful and scary thing at the same time. IMO one feature that would be greatly welcome in my opinion is the ability to roll back to a prior firmware as well as the ability to re-update the current firmware thats published and already on the machine. I speak from a LOT of experience in another market with this one. This ability is a phenomenal tool and resource to have.
2015-3-6
Use props
scooterlam
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4626 ft
United States

keith_d2.hotmai Posted at 2015-3-7 07:38
This is not the result of the app updates, but rather the firmware updates. The next firmware rele ...

I disagree. The issues I'm having I didn't have when I initially used the Beta app.
I flew in the exact same spot with the Beta app and the offical 1.0 app.
I only started experiencing issues after the new app with signal loss and bad drifting. This was before any firmware updates were available.

Where have you heard that a new firmware update is already being talked about?
2015-3-6
Use props
rsghowellnj
Second Officer
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

Dear DJI - One of the things that is needed on the next firmware update or maybe an IOS Update is the fact that battery temperature and maximum altitude are only in METRIC and it would be nice to be able to change these items to imperial (Fahrenheit and Feet instead of Celsius and Meters).
2015-3-6
Use props
DJK
New
Flight distance : 44154 ft
United States

I make it a point to always have a backup AKA copy of the past upgrades in my computer archives, you would probably have a good chance of being able to go back to it.

This of course assumes an upgrade is a full install of the firmware or software.

Have not had to try it yet, but those that want to go back to the previous version should be able to do so.

If this is not the case, then it would be pretty easy for DJI to make it do-able
2015-3-6
Use props
keith_d2.hotmai
lvl.3

United States

scooterlam Posted at 2015-3-7 09:23
I disagree. The issues I'm having I didn't have when I initially used the Beta app.
I flew in the ...

The app has very little to do with flight control. I believe that you will find that a firmware update that is supposed to be released "soon" will likely resolve many of your issues.

There is a great Inspire 1 owner's thread which can be found here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2280074
2015-3-6
Use props
jhogge
lvl.2

United States

"The next firmware release is supposed to resolve these issues."

Where can one get this information?
2015-3-6
Use props
PureSQNut
lvl.4

United States

DJK Posted at 2015-3-7 09:47
I make it a point to always have a backup AKA copy of the past upgrades in my computer archives, you ...

Yeah I save all files to my PC and store. However due to their system you cannot overwrite the existing firmware if it is current which also does not allow you to roll it back either.
2015-3-7
Use props
keith_d2.hotmai
lvl.3

United States

jhogge Posted at 2015-3-7 13:37
"The next firmware release is supposed to resolve these issues."

Where can one get this information ...

I'm not sure you saw my other post, but the Inspire 1 Owner's thread here:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2280074

Is a great resource. It is also a very long thread at this point, and many questions have been answered as it has run its course. Please be sure to do a search to see if your question has been asked and answered already before posting.

There are folks on this forum who beta test for DJI and are testing beta firmware that resolves many of the issues that users are experiencing.

As to when this firmware might be released, well that is anyone's guess, but "soon" is about as close as you'll get to a timeframe. I hope you find the thread useful.
2015-3-7
Use props
wolftj
lvl.3
Flight distance : 109734 ft
United States

So far, I agree. Mine flew a whole lot better before the last update. It's like they took the gain curves out or something. I say that and have not actually checked...
2015-3-7
Use props
madmaxx
lvl.1

United States

yup... same here, before this update mine was solid now going forward it drifts to the right, done everything from IMU and compass calibration and nothing... still the same but I have noticed that after a few minutes of flight the problems go away.
2015-3-7
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

Many more updates are coming Id bank on it.
2015-3-7
Use props
ChadAustin
lvl.3
Flight distance : 139731 ft
  • >>>
United States

I had some bad drifting this afternoon. CRAZY- thought I was going to lose my Inspire!

Imagine my anxiety a few hours later when I was trying to shoot on the side of a mountain, 1200 ft up! I was so anxious I was contemplating getting out of this hobby all together. Too expensive to have issue.
2015-3-7
Use props
rsghowellnj
Second Officer
Flight distance : 508255 ft
  • >>>
United States

ChadAustin Posted at 2015-3-8 13:15
I had some bad drifting this afternoon. CRAZY- thought I was going to lose my Inspire!

Imagine my a ...

Wow ... 1200 feet up?  Were you even able to see your inspire at that altitude?
2015-3-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules