RC will not connect to IOS devices
1079 7 2017-4-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanse3b0cb7a
lvl.1
Flight distance : 458832 ft
United States

I have been unable to locate any information on this issue.  Would love some outside thoughts on this.

I picked up my inspire 2 yesterday evening and started charging up everything. This morning I started with my initial setup.  My iphones, iPad mini, and iPad Pro, will not connect to the RC.  I have followed all procedures as shown in manuals, videos, and these forums etc.  This step should be simple, but my devices will ding and cycle to a "Not Charging" in the top right hand corner of the apple devices two times and give up.  Same results on all my devices. I have attempted different USB cables (original and new), updated the drone firmware, reinstalled the GO app multiple times with device restarts all over, and nothing gets me any closer.

I'm not sure if I have a firmware conflict, but since the inspire 2 requires the Go app for firmware updates to the RC,and I can't get my RC to connect to my device, I'm a bit stuck.

Thoughts? Similar issues?

2017-4-29
Use props
WayneMann
lvl.4
United States

You mention "Go app", but you need the "GO 4 APP
2017-4-29
Use props
-ScubaSteve-
lvl.1
United States

Sorry, should have been clearer, I meant the Go 4 app.

2017-4-29
Use props
-ScubaSteve-
lvl.1
United States

Update plus questions.

First, I am the OP... updating my user name to something legible ended up not updating the first post

Trouble shooting through.  IOS and Android devices will not connect to the RC.  I am starting to believe I got some bad luck and ended up with a defective USB port on the RC.

1) does anyone know another way to confirm the USB port itself is the issue?

2) is there any way to directly update the inspire 2 rc (model: GL6D10A0) firmware without the tablet (via PC, thumb drive, etc)?
2017-4-30
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

-ScubaSteve- Posted at 2017-4-30 08:56
Update plus questions.

First, I am the OP... updating my user name to something legible ended up not updating the first post

Wish I could help you , I dont own the Inspire 2 only the 1.  Wait till Monday , more members will be here to help you and DJI folks as well.  It does sound like a bad port on the RC  but can't say for sure.

donnie

**** I would not update  The RC transmitter till you register with DJI , I know on the Inspire 1 the can open up a can of worms  if you do .
The only thing I can think of , are your devices updated, if not do so  ?  I would use that I pad pro , they are the best if you ask me .
2017-4-30
Use props
-ScubaSteve-
lvl.1
United States

Thanks Donnie.  Yep everything is up to date. Looks like a holding pattern till tomorrow AM.
2017-4-30
Use props
RichJ53
First Officer
Flight distance : 1837356 ft
  • >>>
United States

I do not have the Inspire 2 (like Donnie)  

But when you say that you have updated the firmware  what exactly does that mean? Only on the Inspire 2 and the remote is still on the original FW?  If you have a bad USB port on the remote, you will not be able to update this device at all either with DJI Go 4 App or DJI Assistant 2 software on the PC.  

So, I am sorry you are having trouble, but you may want to downgrade the Inspire 2 FW and then try the remote again to see if it will link with the Inspire 2. If it does and you still cannot connect your iPad probably the port.

Like Donnie said, if the device or computer will not connect to the remote, it sounds like a bad USB port on the unit.

Rich

2017-4-30
Use props
Dr Jon
lvl.4
Flight distance : 463012 ft
United Kingdom

Make sure you have no other application running in the background by rebooting the iPad Pro...

Have you tried to do a firmware reboot on the R/C using the multi finger sequence. ?

2017-5-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules