Help! cracked/broken rear arm shoulder plate guard thing
2314 4 2017-5-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fanscb130281
New
United Kingdom

Hi Guys

I couldn't see another thread on my Mavic's particular damage. Basically, I had a minor crash after a gust of wind took my Mavic just slightly into the edge of some trees about 8ft high. the drone caught some branches and fell but landed on its back thankfully but I noticed that the right rear arm had a stress crack on shoulder guard flap thing (not sure what its called, image below).

as it is now weak and it does lift up slightly i'm concerned the right leg will not hold in position during flight and may cause it to snap off altogether.

WHAT IS THE FIX?

Is using glue an easy fix or does someone have a better fix for it?
I appreciate any help!

anyone got an idea on repair cost from DJI?

here is the image, look between the two screws at the crack. this shoulder now lifts up slightly.
IMG_1771.jpg

Thanks

Michael

2017-5-2
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Pretty fragile area because it's only held in by 2 screws and a plastic tab. Maybe try ebay, see parts for mavic pop up there from time to time. You could glue it with epoxy, something like jb weld.
2017-5-2
Use props
DrEMHmrk2
lvl.2
Flight distance : 291575 ft
United States

I'd say fix it before flying again, you don't want it to crash even harder when that finally breaks free
2017-5-2
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

If it is broken all the way to the other side then I WON'T FLY this bird. because that piece is actually the brake or stopper that hold the leg to prevented from twisting upward.

If it is NOT then a strong melting plastic glue would hold but I will fly it at low attitude for a while until you are sure that it is set.
2017-5-2
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Sorry to hear about your crash, Michael. Personally, I would recommend you to send it in to DJI for repair to ensure the safety and performance.
Our engineers will assess the damage then send you an e-mail with quotation, and start to repair it after payment confirmation.
2017-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules