1681 6 2017-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf6c8e515
lvl.1
Flight distance : 302802 ft
Norway

Hello.
I was just out flying my mavic. I was around 60M distance and around 50M height my drone lost video feed and closed. I checked warnings and I got Downlink data connection lost for 1.4 seconds..this could be dangerous but iam lucky I did see my drone all the time.
My question is why this happened and how too avoid this?
2017-5-3
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

My question is why this happened and how too avoid this?

It could be a product defect or it might have been caused by the environment, and I wouldn't even be inclined to speculate which it was without more information. Please upload the log from your flight here using the instructions on that page and we'll be in a better position to say what may have happened.
2017-5-3
Use props
fansf6c8e515
lvl.1
Norway

http://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/5DH826PU0OBY0WALMLYC/ I think I got it right.
2017-5-3
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

I think I got it right.

Yes, you did. From what I'm seeing on Google Maps it looks like you had a clear -- and short -- path between the Mavic and controller, so that's good. I did notice, though, that the disconnects appeared to happen when you flew close to the ("Fredriksten Kro") inn.

This is just speculation, but I'd guess that there may be a strong signal generated from the inn that interfered with the connection between your aircraft and controller. If you're in a position to be able to recreate this problem then you might try flying near it again and see if the disconnects consistently occur when you're close to the building. If so, then I don't think you have anything to worry about, but if the disconnects just happen randomly and don't seem to correlate to specific locations then I'm not sure what to tell you except that you might have gotten a bad system.
2017-5-3
Use props
fansf6c8e515
lvl.1
Norway

Okey thank you. I will try to fly there again and other places too see if this is a 1 time incident. Kinda freaked me out havent used it much so still a beginner
2017-5-3
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

You probably already know about it, but I didn't see it mentioned so I will.  Always keep your controller antennas broadside to the drone.  If it is above, they will stick out more in front of you than pointing to the sky.  If it is well away from you, they should angle upward enough to keep them broadside.  This practice keeps maximum communications ability between controller and drone.  I hope it was something as simple as this.  Happy Flying!
2017-5-3
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Nothing to be scared about as long as you stay in LOS. The MAVIC can be operated without the phone/tablet and that is why it is imperative to fly in LOS, so you can bring it back safely.

Also what type of phone/tablet where you using? Know your environment, stay away from metal, cell towers, high power lines etc.... Don't take off from concrete or close to car, metal etc.

I would also suggest to practise on flying in ATTI mode using a cheap drone or if you have a P4, in case you loose GPS connection for any reason.

Good luck!

2017-5-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules