Loss of Exposure Compensation ability in latest firmware
787 7 2017-5-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans1ee34a72
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1263317 ft
United States

Udated to the latest firmware and iOS App (versions listed below) and now there is no longer the ability to do exposure compensation with the little plus and minus button on either side of your EV reading.  The only way to adjust exposure now is to go into Manual shooting mode.  That's crazy!  Why would a firmware upgrade take away features?  Can we please bring back the exposure compensation plus/minus?
Additionally there's so many "tips" that are annoying and useless -- how can we turn that stuff off?  For example, I shoot in D-Log format.  Now every time I swtich between sill and vido mode I get a "tip" letting me know that the Enhanced D-Log color mode is enabled for the display.  I know and I don't care to be reminded IN FLIGHT every time I switch to take a still versus video.   I also have 3 "Ambient light too weak" tips stacked on top of one another because I haven't taken off from this shady spot yet.  Stop the crazy "tips" please!

Finally, I'd like to shoot D-log for video color and "None" for still color.  While the DJI Go 4 app makes it look like you're setting the color for stills when in the still settings and another for the video, they are "linked" and I can't set D-log for video and "none" for stills.  If I change color mode it changes it for both video and stills.  Can this be corrected?

On the positive side, it's finally good to see my videos showing the correct date/time in the Exif/meta data instead of 1951.

Firmware: 01.03.0509
App (iOS): 4.0.8

Pic of interface

Pic of interface
2017-5-3
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I've never used the app to adjust exposure because it's so much easier using the thumbwheel on the right side of the controller.
2017-5-3
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 483166 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Hi. Probably not much help, but I suggest you search through the P4P forum on issues with D-Log after the latest firmware release. I recall reading that DJI broke something with that, but recall it was related to being locked onto 500.
2017-5-3
Use props
fans1ee34a72
lvl.1
United States

Punchbuggy Posted at 2017-5-3 21:07
Hi. Probably not much help, but I suggest you search through the P4P forum on issues with D-Log after the latest firmware release. I recall reading that DJI broke something with that, but recall it was related to being locked onto 500.

That's helpful. I actually saw it stuck at 500 ISO but had to keep flying for safety so didn't stop too long to find a solution. Disappointing that the firmware release introduce more bugs, more regulation, more idiot proof "clippy" tips yet fall short on substantive value to the pro photographer.
2017-5-3
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

That's aperture priority mode not auto.. to get your exposure + and - back put it in auto... the button right next to it.. you will not be able to automatically adjust the way you want to while in the mode displayed here.
2017-5-4
Use props
fans1ee34a72
lvl.1
United States

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-5-4 09:13
That's aperture priority mode not auto.. to get your exposure + and - back put it in auto... the button right next to it.. you will not be able to automatically adjust the way you want to while in the mode displayed here.

The Exposure Compensation buttons are gone for ALL modes (except M which never had it).  Auto, A, and S all had Exposure Compensation buttons in previous firmware releases.
2017-5-4
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
United States

fans1ee34a72 Posted at 2017-5-4 10:41
The Exposure Compensation buttons are gone for ALL modes (except M which never had it).  Auto, A, and S all had Exposure Compensation buttons in previous firmware releases.

I see it on mine. iPhone 7plus. Everything is current.

I see it on mine..

I see it on mine..
2017-5-4
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
United States

Just looked at this a little further. Looks like it's d log that prevents this. Other color modes it still works.
2017-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules