Horizon tilt PHANTOM 4 STANDARD
897 6 2017-5-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Canenero82
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1574334 ft
Italy

Good morning, my Phantom 4 (STANDARD) for a while has lost the horizon enormously, I stop and get up, but when I share the problem comes up, every now and then in the footsteps the Gimbal makes some jump up and down, I made several calibrations IMU, gimbal And the compass, but the problem is always there, even with the C2 key the problem is there. Please help me if you can give me a solution to this my problem, i need to work for late May.Bought in September 2016, this problem is about two months, before no, lately is bigger. I do not understand if it's a hardware or software issue, I've read it's a common problem and last update. By reading the forum for the 4pro, submit a Beta update

Very grateful, bye bye.  Firmware: 01.02.0602

2017-5-4
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

It looks like the gimbal does readjust itself when you remain stationary. Does this become prominent just when you're yawing or rotating quickly like that? Do you see a different when you rotate the unit a little more slowly? Have you already tried performing an IMU and gimbal calibration in that order?
2017-5-4
Use props
Canenero82
lvl.1
Italy

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-5-4 13:38
It looks like the gimbal does readjust itself when you remain stationary. Does this become prominent just when you're yawing or rotating quickly like that? Do you see a different when you rotate the unit a little more slowly? Have you already tried performing an IMU and gimbal calibration in that order?

I have calibrated in all ways, but I do not solve it.
Going flat, the problem is always.
2017-5-5
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

Canenero82 Posted at 2017-5-5 01:57
I have calibrated in all ways, but I do not solve it.
Going flat, the problem is always.

The one way I got mine to behave better was to make sure when I calibrate - I cool the P4 off as much as I can (I even turned down the AC in my house colder than I normally have it). Before I start calibration, I measure across the motors how level everything is and make sure it COMPLETELY level with a spirit level.. Next I turn on the controller and open DJI go app.. I go into the AC menu > Advance settings > Sensors.. Now turn on your AC and as soon as it connects, start the calibration.. After the calibration is complete - restart the Phantom and then do the gimbal calibration after a few minutes of it being on (so everything is stabilized. Some calibrate the gimbal as soon as the phantom says its ready to fly or IMU is initialized.. Wait until it has set for a few minutes then do gimbal cal.. If you have done it all like this - I would keep trying. It did take me a few times, but I finally dialed in the perfect calibration and it stays pretty level for the most part. I know the P4Pro has a new firmware coming out that supposedly fixes the tilt issue for it - maybe that is why there is a delay for the P4standard as they are trying to apply what they have learned from the P4P..  
2017-5-5
Use props
Canenero82
lvl.1
Italy

Mobilcams Posted at 2017-5-5 03:48
The one way I got mine to behave better was to make sure when I calibrate - I cool the P4 off as much as I can (I even turned down the AC in my house colder than I normally have it). Before I start calibration, I measure across the motors how level everything is and make sure it COMPLETELY level with a spirit level.. Next I turn on the controller and open DJI go app.. I go into the AC menu > Advance settings > Sensors.. Now turn on your AC and as soon as it connects, start the calibration.. After the calibration is complete - restart the Phantom and then do the gimbal calibration after a few minutes of it being on (so everything is stabilized. Some calibrate the gimbal as soon as the phantom says its ready to fly or IMU is initialized.. Wait until it has set for a few minutes then do gimbal cal.. If you have done it all like this - I would keep trying. It did take me a few times, but I finally dialed in the perfect calibration and it stays pretty level for the most part. I know the P4Pro has a new firmware coming out that supposedly fixes the tilt issue for it - maybe that is why there is a delay for the P4standard as they are trying to apply what they have learned from the P4P..

Is problem firmware o hardware?
2017-5-6
Use props
Mobilcams
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2907674 ft
United States

Canenero82 Posted at 2017-5-6 01:48

I am only speculating that its firmware. Maybe the algorithm isn't tuned right?
2017-5-6
Use props
Punchbuggy
First Officer
Flight distance : 573054 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Canenero82 Posted at 2017-5-6 01:48

I've always held that the issue is firmware. This would appear to be confirmed by the fact that some P4P users have access to a beta firmware for that craft which resolves - or at least improves - horizon integrity. But when WE get to see that fix in a P4 firmware is another matter...
2017-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules