Phantom 3 Standart
1637 8 2017-5-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7421ec22
lvl.1
Flight distance : 241663 ft
Guernsey

Hello, I bought phantom 3s (New) from amazon.co.uk first flight was fine then i was checking video on computer, i found in video jello effect, but i was thinking i need to do IMU calibration i did everythink was fine. Today i did take off props from phantom and put on table and try record video still on the table

And gimball is making noise 3-4 sec and than stops, whats is the problem? i did check skrew! i did change all dumpers, i did IMU calibration and never been any accidents. how to fix that? there is any soloutins?

Thanks for Your time!
2017-5-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Are you using two anti drop pins or four connected to the gimbal?
2017-5-6
Use props
Beitynsh
lvl.1
Guernsey

Im using Only two pins
2017-5-6
Use props
Peterx
First Officer
Flight distance : 1499708 ft
Germany

How long do you have the P3S?  1st 2Pins are correct to use.  2nd The warming up for the Phantom lets the gimbal makes noisy for 3-4 secs ? I had no problem with that noise.
It comes short after powering up. I´m not sure it´s the gimbal or not. The cam is rotating and holding without any noise.

2017-5-7
Use props
Beitynsh
lvl.1
Guernsey

I have Only 4 days. Thats the problem When you watch me video you can See how camera on the sidrs doing jello effect, but Its doing after 5-10 sec camera is shaking 2-3 sec and that again, When i touch camera Its stops
2017-5-7
Use props
Beitynsh
lvl.1
Guernsey

Here is Another video When i was in sky!
https://youtu.be/-dQ4gVXx4go
2017-5-18
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

I had similar and I found that gimbal grub screw was badly fitted and also camera arm was not fully seated. It allowed the camera to shake just enough to cause a jello effect ...

See first vids before I fixed it :

How to fix ... or at least check it is not same problem ....

Turn Phantom on side and camera towards you ... and see this :

The black grub screw is a 1.5mm standard hex job ...

I basically slacked the screw - then made sure the arm was hard DOWN onto the bearing in that seat as arrowed ... then tightened the black grub screw.

All jello then disappeared.... Even if the arm is seated well - it could just be poor tightening of the grub screw.

Now I am sure somebody will post ... have you removed the foam packing piece .......... well surprise surprise ... the Standard does not have the foam packing piece ... so that's a non-starter !!

Other than that ..... I have no clue as to what it could be. But its certainly not IMU calibration - I know that.

Nigel
2017-5-18
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Beitynsh Posted at 2017-5-18 08:03
https://youtu.be/-dQ4gVXx4go

Just to make sure I'm on the same page, Did you already try an IMU, then gimbal calibration in that order? If you have and everything is up to date firmware wise, then you would want to see if Amazon will perform an exchange for you. If they are not able to assist, then it would need to be send to DJI for service.
2017-5-18
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

Beitynsh Posted at 2017-5-18 08:03

Deja Vu !!

Did you look at my video ? Remind you of anything ?

I don't say I am right .... but it certainly was for mine and I know others have had similar.

Before I found what it was ... I did what was advised by various DJI persons and so-called experts ... calibration etc. etc. Made not one jot of difference - till I thought ... I wonder ...
I saw another guy who had reported his grub screw was not tightened properly by factory ... mine was ... but I decided to loosen and retighten to be sure ... that's when I noted the extremely tiny... I mean miniscule movement of the arm ... it really is hard to detect and easily missed. I bedded that arm and tightened ... cured.

It will not hurt anyone to check it ..

Nigel
2017-5-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules