Very Disappointed, crashes, not starting, battery drain...
1074 8 2017-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
IvanMatin
lvl.2
Flight distance : 483809 ft
Australia

Greetings,

Hello dear DJI,
Definitely you make GREAT hardware, but unfortunately that greatnes need GREAT software for full experience.
I'm really sorry if I sound rude the that's the truth. What happened:
Today I had go to the do a project, I've charged my hardware (my Mavic batteries and charcher, phone) I've check if the app is up to date, and it is. So I went to the do the project, which I was going to be paid for. I'm trying to open the app and BAAAAM in my face:
DJI Go app does not support the current Display size setting and may be behave unexpectedly. (See photo 1)
After clicking Ok, the app keeps stopping. (See photo 2)
That was all the time trying to enter the app, I've restarted the phone, clear the cache, same result.
Because I have Samsung S7 Edge running Nougat 7.0 I can change resolution all the way to 720p, 1080p and 1440p same result.
Shame... I couldn't fly at all.
After that why the app is running in background even after force close and never opend again?
Also crashesh during flights is unacceptable to happen at any point, those drone aren't cheap as you know.
Re-plan you app and make it running like it's supposed to be.
Price = satisfaction, when there is no satisfaction in the custumer.
Fix your suppor as well, make them train, aducate them about the software and the hardware so we receive proper answers.
You are getting powerfull as a company, well with the great power comes the great responsibility. You have the to think about your customers.
Test your software in real-life situations. Us it as you are one of use, and see your mistakes so you can get better.

P.S. My phone is not rooted or modified at any way. All stock.

Best Regards
Ivan Matin

2017-5-8
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Ivan, please uninstall the DJI GO 4 app first.
Then go to our DJI website and scan the QR code to download the DJI GO 4 app again.
Here is the link for your reference. http://www.dji.com/mavic/info#downloads
Please let me know if this helps.
2017-5-8
Use props
IvanMatin
lvl.2
Australia

After uninstalling the app and installing it again, I was able to use it. Thank You
But why this problem appears? I've never had it before. And I had DJI Phantom 3, now Mavic Pro
2017-5-9
Use props
Safari
Second Officer
Flight distance : 67703 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

IvanMatin Posted at 2017-5-9 05:56
After uninstalling the app and installing it again, I was able to use it. Thank You
But why this problem appears? I've never had it before. And I had DJI Phantom 3, now Mavic Pro

The problem appears to be related to android and more specifically to version 7 (nougat).
The DJI GO app is definitely much more stable on IOS.
2017-5-9
Use props
IvanMatin
lvl.2
Australia

Well, this happened again today... This is incredible. This time Uninstall the program and install again SAMEEEEE...
Biggest mistake as a software...
I'm serious guys, I can't do my job like that. I'm depending on that software to use your product, and YOU DO NOTHING.
Where I have to complain so SOMETHING will be done?

I'm not going to thank you about your attention because you don't pay one...
2017-5-19
Use props
EastyT
lvl.4
Flight distance : 970374 ft
United States

IvanMatin Posted at 2017-5-19 15:42
Well, this happened again today... This is incredible. This time Uninstall the program and install again SAMEEEEE...
Biggest mistake as a software...
I'm serious guys, I can't do my job like that. I'm depending on that software to use your product, and YOU DO NOTHING.

My sentiments exactly.  It's a darn shame that customers are held hostage like this with no recourse.  It's a very helpless and frustrating experience that I will never forget and that I will share at every opportunity.
2017-5-19
Use props
IvanMatin
lvl.2
Australia

I understand if this was a $20 toy, you use it one day and leave it on the next day.
That is 27 micro computers work, powered by crappy software. And because of it people lose their drones or they can't fly at all. But at the same time you've paid FULL price of the product. Which in most of the time is more than $2000.
And id this happened you have to PAY again, of DJI refresh programs.
But I'll say enough to all this BS and I want proper working products.

I'll make a comparesing with Apple.
They also make Hardware, and also are expensive (like DJI) BUT, there is a one big BUT you pay for the Software experience as well... So all is covered.

I'm sorry but if you want to be a Leader In drone industry you have to give better service!!! I'm talking about Customer Service as well.

I hope there is some one who read that...

Now I see why ppl buy Litchi...
2017-5-19
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

" Now I see why ppl buy Litchi... "

I was going to suggest trying that app if you are using Mavic for paid jobs.
Claim it back on tax or take the cost of it out of a job payment.
If you are now only discovering that DJI has some issues with its GoApp4, then you seem to have been living under a rock.
Im not saying these app problems are accdeptable or condoned, just saying its a fact of life.
2017-5-19
Use props
IvanMatin
lvl.2
Australia

I knew for the problems, but no one care, and the problems still come back even there is an update.
So I decided to complain. Still no one cares...
Whatever...

I already bought Litchi, DJI Go App gone... in the bin.
2017-5-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules