Unable to exit intelligent flight modes
4547 11 2017-5-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wisabcon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 375351 ft
United States

When I use point of interest or course lock modes in my P4P+ the settings window shows "exit this mode", which works as advertised.  After I exit either of these modes I can change to any other flight mode.   However in tap fly and draw modes, the "exit" option in the settings window isn't there.  In these modes I can use the stop button on the screen, pull back on the pitch stick, or use the pause button on the controller to pause the flight mode.  But from there I can't switch to normal mode or any other intelligent flight modes.  With tap mode or draw mode paused, I can free fly but I can't change modes.  The only way to change modes is to land the drone and reboot the controller.  I have not checked out the other intelligent modes.  Solution?

2017-5-8
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Have you tried the mode switch on the left side of the controller?
I use that to exit the inyelligent modes and it works well.
Just flick it to A and a back.
2017-5-8
Use props
Wisabcon
lvl.1
United States

Yes, I've tried that as well with no result.
2017-5-8
Use props
Frenck
lvl.2
Flight distance : 142723 ft
Italy

I also noticed some problems about the intelligent mode of my P4P +. When I use the "Draw" mode, after a little has been reduced, the commands do not respond faster but it looks like the system is cluttered, sometimes the system crashes and reboots while my P4P + is flying ... I noticed This problem also using the "ActiveTrack" mode ... I contacted the DJI service, they asked me to reinstall the firmware, but I did not solve that problem ... I had to ship my P4P + to DJI support.
2017-5-8
Use props
SM-17
Second Officer
Flight distance : 179288 ft
Malta

The go 4 app of the plus controller is 3 versions below the actual go 4 app (android)
2017-5-9
Use props
Wisabcon
lvl.1
United States

Interesting.  I am sure this issue could be cleared up with the appropriate fixes in a firmware update.
2017-5-12
Use props
iflyskyhawks
lvl.3
Flight distance : 4501411 ft
  • >>>
United States

Having similar issues - this is something that DJI needs to address with a firmware update.  The other issue I'm having with my P4P+ is that the same lag/lock-up is happening after flying for awhile with HDMI output turned on.  Things are great at first and then after awhile, the video starts getting behind the power curve and gets choppy/laggy before getting fairly unusable.  Fortunately for both of these situations, I've never lost any positive control over the actual drone for which I'm quite thankful!
2017-5-14
Use props
Scott H
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2136 ft
United States

iflyskyhawks Posted at 2017-5-14 20:11
Having similar issues - this is something that DJI needs to address with a firmware update.  The other issue I'm having with my P4P+ is that the same lag/lock-up is happening after flying for awhile with HDMI output turned on.  Things are great at first and then after awhile, the video starts getting behind the power curve and gets choppy/laggy before getting fairly unusable.  Fortunately for both of these situations, I've never lost any positive control over the actual drone for which I'm quite thankful!

When I use the draw mode I am unable to exit this mode except by switching to atti and landing. Camera controls are also unresponsive during this time. Having other issues as well, such as maps being blank.
2017-5-20
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

Wisabcon Posted at 2017-5-8 18:46
Yes, I've tried that as well with no result.

Excuse me. have you activated the Multiple Flight Modes  in the Main Controller Settings ? If it has not been activated, flicking the flight mode switch on the RC will produce no effect...
2017-5-20
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4655896 ft
United States

Just now using my P4 standard I could not exit out of course lock by using the pause button on the RC. No matter how many times I pushed it, no joy. Screen X worked fine.  Haven’t used flight modes in a while so can’t say when this started. On all the latest and “greatest” firmware too.
2019-8-28
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Archangel3356 Posted at 8-28 12:54
Just now using my P4 standard I could not exit out of course lock by using the pause button on the RC. No matter how many times I pushed it, no joy. Screen X worked fine.  Haven’t used flight modes in a while so can’t say when this started. On all the latest and “greatest” firmware too.

Post #2 is the solution to your issue, not the pause button.
2019-8-28
Use props
Archangel3356
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4655896 ft
United States

Labroides Posted at 8-28 14:18
Post #2 is the solution to your issue, not the pause button.

Why yes, thank you Labroides, forgot about that exit. Didn’t the pause button do the same thing at some point a while back? Thought it was an exit intelligent flight modes button? Any way I’ll exit by switching into sport mode from now on. Thank you sir.
2019-8-28
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules