Gimbal Gyroscope Error
2342 4 2017-5-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3bbcf758
New
United States

Hey everyone,

I crashed my Mavic Pro and I'm getting a gimbal gyroscope error. I've recalibrated by IMU (which didn't do anything) and inspected the whole machine for damage, I can't really see anything.

When I turn the Mavic on the gimbal goes through its startup process but doesn't come back to center and I have no feedback from the gimbal when I try to move it up and down with the controller.

If anyone has experienced something like this please let me know, and if you've fixed this issue please share how!

Thanks,
Gabe
2017-5-11
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

Probably send it back in unless you know how to fix shorts.
2017-5-11
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

I've never heard of that one before and although I'd guess that you'll wind up having to get it repaired it might be worth attempting a gimbal calibration first.
2017-5-11
Use props
AG0N-Gary
First Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Yesterday, I watched two videos by FixaCrash (Youtube) and one of them was a complete teardown of the camera/gimbal assembly.  You might take a peek at it to see if it is something you want to tackle.  If it were me, I'd probably let them do it.  That way, anything else will be caught that you can't see right now.
2017-5-11
Use props
Bill in Ohio
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Have you checked to see if it properly seated.  I ran into some tree leaves and small branches and the drone tumbled a little recovered and did an emergency landing.  I looked it over, cleaned and vacuumed it, on the next take off I got a gimbal error and the horizon was tilted.  Landed, looked it over and discovered one of the front rubber feet had slipped out from where it goes in.  I put it back and then did two auto gimbal calibratiions.  I had to add a little gimbal rotation to refine it once I was up high.  It worked fine after that.  The DJI Assistant also has a gimbal calibration that uses the camera and the monitor on the computer.
2017-5-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules