5758 13 2015-3-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Gmoylan
lvl.1

United Kingdom

guys,
I am in desperate need of help here.
I was updating my firmware on the RC and it failed first time.
I have been following the instructions and Dundees flow chart posted on this forum. but to no avail.
My controller has a light blue light instead of green or Red and neither does it make the beeping noise when powering on !

Everytime I try to update it via a USB drive with the .bin file I get this eror msg in the txt file#

==========1970.01.01 00:00:12==========
Packet: /mnt/usb/WM610_FW_V01.02.00.17.bin,
Result: Error
Failed to obatin firmware version. Power cycle the remote controller to upgrade the firmware again.

any ideas.???
2015-3-7
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Have you tried the secret voodoo bin file?   

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=9341
2015-3-7
Use props
Gmoylan
lvl.1

United Kingdom

jim thanks for the reply.
I have read the thread that you sent but no BIN file is available. The link to the file on dropbox is now down, are you able to email it to me please.
gmoylan@sky.com  or PM me
PS I only have one remote so really suffering.
2015-3-8
Use props
stoneyphil
lvl.2

United Kingdom

Gmoylan I had the same problem but after the file DJI support sent me I'm up and flying again, I'll send you the file
2015-3-8
Use props
Gmoylan
lvl.1

United Kingdom

dude you are a star, I am going out of me mind here....
2015-3-8
Use props
Gmoylan
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Phil,
I cant thank you enough.
I popped that file into the RC and it sorted the problem within minutes. back up and running again!

Why is DJI making this so difficult. Why o why  isn't that fix up in lights on their support page, along with the manuals etc.
2015-3-8
Use props
stoneyphil
lvl.2

United Kingdom

When I installed the GS file all went to plan and got a green light, reformatted the card as instructed, loaded on the firmware 17 for the RC and nothing happened for a min then it came to life with a red status light and beeped I left it for 10 mins nothing else happened still Red and single beep, I switched off the RC put the card in my PC as the report stated that " Abort as same or older firmware installed", I deleted the comment and put the card in the camera and switched on the Quad and it's now communicating with the RC and FLIES
2015-3-8
Use props
Gmoylan
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Exactly the same happened to me.  maybe the recovery software updates the firmware. but the instructions did say to update after. when I pulled the text file it also said abort as same or older firmware installed.
going to head out for a test flight now. fingers crossed.
Phil do you know any shops that have propellers in stock? im flying with a damaged propeller. ie 1inch shorter at one end. It is obviously out of balance.
2015-3-8
Use props
vburleson
lvl.1

United States

Would someone please send me that file as well.  I have the exact same issue with my RC.  Thank you very much in advanced.

Van Burleson

vkburleson@gmail.com
2015-5-9
Use props
dundee
First Officer
Flight distance : 33550 ft

Thailand

vburleson Posted at 2015-5-9 22:24
Would someone please send me that file as well.  I have the exact same issue with my RC.  Thank you  ...

https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... 00/view?usp=sharing
2015-5-9
Use props
vburleson
lvl.1

United States

dundee Posted at 2015-5-9 22:37
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9iZxpVYOxCmeWFhX1V5RzlzX00/view?usp=sharing

Thank you!!!!
2015-5-9
Use props
ntfa
lvl.4

United States

What does this file do?  Does it reset the remote?   
2015-5-18
Use props
LebanonDon
New

United States

Hey guys, same issue, but the controller won't work, even with that file!
2016-1-15
Use props
hendriks
New
Flight distance : 27001 ft
South Africa

Hi Guys,
I have the exact same problem as Gmoylan had with his RC.
I installed the latest software on the aircraft with success, switched it off and then installed the software on the RC .
My controller basically freeze up with a solid blue light and all efforts to reset it failed also the the gs_ofdm.bin file was of no help
If I can get the "file" that stoneyphil sent Gmoylan it may also solve my problem?

any help??
2016-4-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules