737 5 2017-5-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
arve.kvale.hans
lvl.1
Flight distance : 168976 ft
Norway

I got my Phantom 4.
Tried to install DJI GO 4 to Samsung SM-T110 (7"). But Your device isn't compatible with this version. WHY?
Tried a Samsung TAB 3 10.1. Worked. But the clamp on the controller are not big enough. Missing 1cm.

I have a smaller Windows tablet. Any app I can use for this?
2017-5-12
Use props
fansa84fe8a4
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3 ft
United States

The Samsung 7" is pretty old and might not like the newer GO 4 appware.  There is an extension piece made to slip onto the top clamp of the transmitter to widen it for the 10" up models on eBay for about $12 or so.  Nothing for Windows tablets though.

Personally, I had too many video break up and re-booting issues with the Samsungs so I bought a 9.7" iPad and it fits the clamp by 1mm and works a lot better than the Samsungs did.
2017-5-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

Yeah, if you decide to utilize the larger tablet, there are bracket extensions that are readily available.

I find the iPad Air2 Cellular to be just perfect for my flight kit uses...

Bigger screen brings broader smiles... ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-5-12
Use props
pasaytenpete
lvl.3
Flight distance : 47346 ft
United States

I had a large tablet and used the extender, but found the setup somewhat heavy and hard to manage.     I ended up getting a smaller refurbished iPad Mini 2 and found that size just the right balance for ease of use and decent screen size for flying.  

2017-5-12
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

pasaytenpete Posted at 2017-5-12 16:45
I had a large tablet and used the extender, but found the setup somewhat heavy and hard to manage.     I ended up getting a smaller refurbished iPad Mini 2 and found that size just the right balance for ease of use and decent screen size for flying.

Yes, the iPad Mini is marvelous, but the one I tried got too hot. So
I took it back and upgraded to the iPad Air2 Cellular. Never looked back. ;-)

RedHotPoker
2017-5-12
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha arve,

Are you sure it did not miss by 1 mm?  I have the Samsung Galaxy Tab PRO 10.1 and it fits, just barely.  But, as the others noted, there are plenty of extenders available to make your Samsung fit.  If you look at the designs, you might be able to figure out a solution using materials you have already around the house or can buy inexpensively.  Make it yourself and you do not have to pay shipping or wait for it to get there.  

Hope this helps!

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-5-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules