Help with firmware
722 4 2017-5-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jonathanlennard
lvl.2
Flight distance : 66276 ft
United States

I am new to flying DJI. Perhaps someone could help me out with a few concerns.
I frequently get a video cache error when i start recording on flights. It seems to go away after a second or two, but it occurs almost every time i fly. I have a 64 Lexar x1000 150 mbs.

The app sometimes wants to quit, and offers to restart while flying. Sometimes i have the choice of agreeing, so i cancel the restart. Would the ph4 pro crash if i restarted in flight? Is there a reason for this?

I cant understand how to update the plus controller firmware. Every firmware update i can find, seems to be for the DJI go app for phones.

I sometimes get a 'recalibrate' the controller message while flying... 'the figure 8'. What should i do when this happens during flight?

Thanks, any advice on these issues would be really helpful.

2017-5-13
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha jonathan,

Have you tried the March update to your firmware?  It is available at the DJI Phantom 4 Pro + (Plus) site on the Phantom 4 Pro web page.  There is a lot of information on that page for you to download.

Aloha and Drone On!
2017-5-14
Use props
jonathanlennard
lvl.2
United States

Cetacean Posted at 2017-5-14 02:55
Aloha jonathan,

Have you tried the March update to your firmware?  It is available at the DJI Phantom 4 Pro + (Plus) site on the Phantom 4 Pro web page.  There is a lot of information on that page for you to download.

Hi Cetacean, yes, i am on that version.
2017-5-14
Use props
Antonio76
Second Officer
Flight distance : 144403 ft
Denmark

jonathanlennard Posted at 2017-5-14 07:30
Hi Cetacean, yes, i am on that version.

Have you seen this thread? The thing about the figure 8 is telling it all, imho
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D386%26typeid%3D386
I think you can move the RC around in a "figure 8" a few times without interfering with your flight... just let the aircraft hover...
2017-5-14
Use props
jonathanlennard
lvl.2
United States

Antonio76 Posted at 2017-5-14 08:15
Have you seen this thread? The thing about the figure 8 is telling it all, imho
http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D386%26typeid%3D386
I think you can move the RC around in a "figure 8" a few times without interfering with your flight... just let the aircraft hover...

thanks.. i hadnt seen the thread.  it did seem like i probably didnt need to do it. I did do it though, while the drone hovered.
2017-5-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules