Mavic Pro controller
1712 8 2017-5-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BobDumon
lvl.1
United States

After trying all day (with fully charged controller and drone batteries, set in RC mode) to get my Mavic Pro controller to power up the Mavic I finally tested it in wifi mode without the controller. Worked fine using just my Samsung Edge 7 in wifi mode.  So the issue isn't with the drone (or whatever you guys call the device that flies).  Uploaded the latest firmware to both the controller and the drone. Then I powered up the controller, then the drone, then opened DJI Go Fly, in the proper sequence. The drone jumps and flashes lights, etc.  Then it sits there blinking the rear light, while the controller attempts to connect with the drone and fly it, stopping around 50%. Drone is set on RC, not WiFi, the software appears on my phone, etc.  Just not able to activate the props and fly. I'm a 79 fairly tech savvy IBM retiree photographer who needs this thing to stay competitive, so please... what am I doing wrong? Or do I have a defective controller???  HELP!  Thank you.
2017-5-14
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

what am I doing wrong? Or do I have a defective controller???

You probably just need to link the controller to the Mavic. Here's a video on how to do that:

2017-5-14
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

If linking the controller did not work, do a factory reset and try it with an IOS device, update the AC/RC using the phone or tablet, make sure you have fast wifi. Good Luck!
2017-5-14
Use props
Jenee 2
First Officer
Flight distance : 7852129 ft
Australia

What exactly do you mean when you say it stops at 50%?
What colour is the flashing light on the Mavic?
Have you activated the Mavic through the DJI GO 4 app and have you checked through all the settings to make sure they are as you want them?
2017-5-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Did you get this solved through above advice?
2017-5-15
Use props
PeteH
New

United States

I'm experiencing similar controller problems.  It took over 30 attempts to get the controller to power up.  Now, it won't power off.  I'm sitting here watching the battery slowly discharge.  Holding the power button down does absolutely nothing.  Help!
2017-5-15
Use props
Aaronmke
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2155883 ft
United States

PeteH Posted at 2017-5-15 18:06
I'm experiencing similar controller problems.  It took over 30 attempts to get the controller to power up.  Now, it won't power off.  I'm sitting here watching the battery slowly discharge.  Holding the power button down does absolutely nothing.  Help!

It's a double plush on the power button push it first release immediately push again and hold for a few seconds and it should either turn power on or turn power off same as with the mavic
2017-5-15
Use props
Erick705
lvl.2

Canada

I'm having a similar problem. Motors won't turn on with joysticks. Used the launch option and it just hovers at 5 meters. Can't control the drone. Did the RC relink, reflashed firmware, downgraded firmware. Nothing works.  Controller is set as Master, RC switch is on. I can operate the gimble but that's it. Can't even turn on motors in simulator.

I don't know what else to do besides have a friend run around with the drone in his hand so I can pretend I really have a working product.
2017-6-5
Use props
Erick705
lvl.2

Canada

And I replay the flight log, I can see the joystick inputs but no flight change.
2017-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules