P4Pro & Litchi, fly and save waypoints?
1210 3 2017-5-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
The unique view
lvl.1
Netherlands

Hi,

I just bought Litchi because I want to save missions and fly them in the exact same way a next time (not possible with DJI Go). But I cannot seem to find a way to save waypoints while flying, just like the Go app. I would like actually fly the mission myself, save it and adjust it (if I like) later. It seems pretty scary to just make some waypoints at home go there, check it and then start the mission. Also I might wanna fly exactly above this one tree and ascend really slowly and perform this mission multiple times. Setting waypoints at home for this seems rather inaccurate.

Could someone tell me how to do this?

Thanks!

2017-5-15
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

Start with a new mission, while you're flying click the little arrow icon to add a waypoint at your current position. Move on and repeat.

It can't record all your movements, just waypoints which need to be 10m apart I think. You can then setup what happens at those waypoints in Litchi. There are limits to what you can do, straight up or down is not possible for example.

I have found setting waypoints at home incredibly accurate, never had any problems, just be careful of altitude settings, and remember google maps may be 3 years out of date and they've built a 10 story block of flats in that empty field
2017-5-15
Use props
The unique view
lvl.1
Netherlands

Matt-and-Riley Posted at 2017-5-15 15:23
Start with a new mission, while you're flying click the little arrow icon to add a waypoint at your current position. Move on and repeat.

It can't record all your movements, just waypoints which need to be 10m apart I think. You can then setup what happens at those waypoints in Litchi. There are limits to what you can do, straight up or down is not possible for example.

Thank you very much! I will look into all of this tomorrow and do some field testing. Too bad I can not do straight up or down, but I think I will just use DJI go for this and Eye ball my position above the point everytime I fly.

2017-5-15
Use props
Matt-and-Riley
Second Officer
Flight distance : 324442 ft
United Kingdom

The unique view Posted at 2017-5-15 22:45
Thank you very much! I will look into all of this tomorrow and do some field testing. Too bad I can not do straight up or down, but I think I will just use DJI go for this and Eye ball my position above the point everytime I fly.

Good luck. You can also fly around with the Litchi app, I rarely start the DJI app now and just do everything from in Litchi. Check the default lost signal action, usually set to hover but better if you tell it to complete it's mission.

2017-5-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules