iPhone 6S Plus won't connect to Mavic
2545 16 2017-5-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jojost1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 127057 ft
Netherlands

My iPhone only connects to the Mavic when in Airplane Mode, then it works fine. Other phones (iPhone 7 & 7 Plus) from friends work fine even when not in Airplane mode.

It's annoying because I can't update my Mavic with my own phone and livestreaming is not an option. Furthermore I miss the map view etc.

Things I have tried:
- Uninstall + install DJI Go 4
- Restore phone completely

Any help? I saw more issues on the forum but none with a solution. Thanks.
2017-5-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Could you please make a short video of this issue?
Have you tried to use another original lightning cable?
2017-5-17
Use props
jojost1
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-5-17 23:22
Could you please make a short video of this issue?
Have you tried to use another original lightning cable?

Don't have anything to film right now sorry. The phone just says 'Disconnected'. Yes I have tried an original lighting cable using the usb-port on the bottom of the controller.
2017-5-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

jojost1 Posted at 2017-5-18 03:19
Don't have anything to film right now sorry. The phone just says 'Disconnected'. Yes I have tried an original lighting cable using the usb-port on the bottom of the controller.

What's your current DJI GO version and your ios system version?
I have reported this to our engineers for review.
2017-5-18
Use props
jojost1
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-5-18 22:44
What's your current DJI GO version and your ios system version?
I have reported this to our engineers for review.

Had this issue with iOS 10.3, 10.3.1 and 10.3.2 right now. Didn't have the Mavic yet before 10.3 was released.
DJI GO version has always been up-to-date, 4.0.8 right now. Thanks.
2017-5-18
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

jojost1 Posted at 2017-5-18 22:51
Had this issue with iOS 10.3, 10.3.1 and 10.3.2 right now. Didn't have the Mavic yet before 10.3 was released.
DJI GO version has always been up-to-date, 4.0.8 right now. Thanks.

If we have any update, we will let you know. Thank you for your feedback.
2017-5-19
Use props
jojost1
lvl.1
Netherlands

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-5-19 02:47
If we have any update, we will let you know. Thank you for your feedback.

Thankyou, I'll check in again in 2 weeks.
2017-5-19
Use props
AidanKless
lvl.2
Hong Kong

Hi jojost1. This is a very rare case, we cannot reproduce it from our side, so we need more information to help us locate this problem.

Can you try these cases:
1. Connect to Mavic RC with Wi-Fi off, 4G on, Airplane mode off.
2. Connect to Mavic RC with 4G on, Wi-Fi off, Airplane mode off.
3. Airplane mode off, Wi-Fi off, 4G off

And If you can not connect to Mavic RC, please check Settings-General-About, and scroll the list to bottom, see if there's a device named "C2 " shows on there.

Thank you!
2017-5-22
Use props
GlideProduction
lvl.2
Flight distance : 703087 ft
Australia

One thing to check it that the lightning port on your phone is clean, unlike charging your phone, the app uses the data terminal and power ones.  Its very easy for lint and dirt to build up in the port and stop you getting a good connection. Using a wooden toothpick and a tissue with some metho on it, is a great way to keep the port terminals clean.
2017-5-23
Use props
fansbf4545ab
New
Singapore

2017-5-24
Use props
jojost1
lvl.1
Netherlands

AidanKless Posted at 2017-5-22 18:18
Hi jojost1. This is a very rare case, we cannot reproduce it from our side, so we need more information to help us locate this problem.

Can you try these cases:

When connected in the app I can see the 'C2' in Settings, but when it suddenly disconnects it disappears in settings. Only way to get it back is to disconnect cable on controller side and connect again. Lot of the times I don't even see 'C2' in settings.

Only when I turn on Airplane mode I can consistently get C2 to show up. I only got to fly once with wifi on and 4G on. It also seems to connect quite well with Airplane mode off, Wi-Fi off, 4G off (case 3). Other two cases it won't connect.
When it's connected and I force close the DJI Go 4 app and open it up again, the drone is disconnected (while case 3, Airplane off wifi off 4G off). C2 also gone in settings.

During all this, the remote controller stays connected to the drone.
2017-7-4
Use props
jojost1
lvl.1
Netherlands

GlideProduction Posted at 2017-5-23 17:20
One thing to check it that the lightning port on your phone is clean, unlike charging your phone, the app uses the data terminal and power ones.  Its very easy for lint and dirt to build up in the port and stop you getting a good connection. Using a wooden toothpick and a tissue with some metho on it, is a great way to keep the port terminals clean.

It's clean sadly.
2017-7-4
Use props
Eddie Hai
New
Hong Kong

my iphone 6 works well with the mavic pro and DJI go 4, right after I have repaired my lightning port. It's clean when I looked inside but turn out it was blocked by something identified by a local repair shop. Not sure whether it applies to your case. Hope you get your gear connected very soon.
2017-7-4
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

I have iOS and always had probs with 4G, wifi on, I switched to airplane mode to turn it all off and not had a prob since.....hope it helps and you get sorted.
2017-7-4
Use props
jojost1
lvl.1
Netherlands

RCNJ Posted at 2017-7-4 08:24
I have iOS and always had probs with 4G, wifi on, I switched to airplane mode to turn it all off and not had a prob since.....hope it helps and you get sorted.

Not a solution when I want to live stream
2017-7-5
Use props
RCNJ
lvl.4
Flight distance : 114665 ft
France

jojost1 Posted at 2017-7-5 05:59
Not a solution when I want to live stream

Ah true, good point, I guess they need to look into whatever is conflicting that airplane mode solves and fix that then.
2017-7-5
Use props
fanscdfb5121
lvl.3
Flight distance : 236768 ft
United States

Would like to know as well. I always have to fly in airplane mode or I get disconnected.
2017-7-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules