Go Professional Case vs. Aerial Media Pro Case
4893 19 2015-3-8
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
peler87
lvl.1

United States

I am trying to decide on which case to purchase for traveling. Go Professional Cases has a few different versions and Aerial Media Pros has one version. What does everyone think of each case and which one do you think is the better choice?

Aerial Media Pros

Go Professional Cases
2015-3-8
Use props
InspiredOne
lvl.3

United States

The GP case holds up to ten (10) batteries (one in the bird). I only see three battery slots in the AMP case, plus it's $18 more than the GP landing mode case. Of the two, I would (and did) go with the GP case.
2015-3-9
Use props
davidbsamuels
lvl.4
Flight distance : 8049101 ft
  • >>>
United States

I purchased the GP Travel Mode case. I'm happy with it but have yet to travel with it.  The strength/rigidity of the outer case is NOT strong as a Pelican brand case.  The two should not be mistaken as the same case.  I'm sure the Pelican is heavier but stronger.  I feel like my other items in Pelican cases could have a car drive over them and life would be o.k.  Not so sure my GP case will take that load haha.  Anyway, I'm happy with the GP and I have plenty of other goodies to purchase with the $100 savings.
2015-3-9
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

I have the GP case. Its well laid out. I'd imagine the other one is too. Essentially, they are the same Pelican case with a slightly different layout. So whichever one you go for will be fine.  The foam in the GPC case (bottom half is quite firm, so doesn't give as much as the standard foam. These are large cases mind. You won't get one of these in an overhead locker on a plane.
2015-3-9
Use props
jebryant10
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56112 ft
United States

Aerial Media Pros case will hold 7 batteries, I have it and like it a lot.

2015-3-9
Use props
lon.garwood
lvl.2

South Korea

jebryant10@att. Posted at 2015-3-10 09:51
Aerial Media Pros case will hold 7 batteries, I have it and like it a lot.

https://www.youtube.com ...

Any recommendation for a case that meets carry on size regulations?  I realize that I might have to sacrifice carrying fewer batteries and other accessories but that's the price I'm willing to pay to make sure I'm not separated from my 'bird'.      
2015-3-9
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

359.00 I couldnt resist.

I went with this one solely so I don't have to put the bird into travel mode all the time for transport .Should be here Thursday via fed ex.
This case(link below) I fear wont go in the over head on a plane 25x25x14. I myself will use it in my vehicle mostly traveling to locations state to state.
Hate the idea of the aircraft not toggling into travel mode and what not.

If one has to fly commercial use the stock case that comes with the inspire with a small luggage dolly and right in the over head it goes.
Best of both scenarios.
http://www.tradecraftcases.com/category-s/1828.htm
2015-3-9
Use props
Jiblabs
lvl.2

United States

Just to add to the discussion this one seems really nice it not out yet but I like the fact that its a layered system what do you guys think

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/pr ... eled_hard_case.html
2015-3-9
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

Jiblabs Posted at 2015-3-10 15:38
Just to add to the discussion this one seems really nice it not out yet but I like the fact that its ...

That one was on my list   As of late mid march delivery usually means April..
Aircraft has to be in travel mode though not good for quick deployment however the case looks stout and worth the money .

The quick strap is cool ..

http://www.tradecraftcases.com/category-s/1829.htm
2015-3-9
Use props
lethbrp
lvl.4
United Kingdom

lon.garwood@gma Posted at 2015-3-10 15:05
Any recommendation for a case that meets carry on size regulations?  I realize that I might have t ...

I 'm just going to use the DJI case for carry on. It fits well. It may not be as robust as a pelican case, but if you are carrying on, it doesn't have to be.
2015-3-10
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Colonel Angus Posted at 2015-3-10 15:53
That one was on my list   As of late mid march delivery usually means April..
Aircraft has to be ...

I don't think the quick strap is ergonomic. For one, it entails that you keep your arm out from your side lest ye be bashing the quad against your knee. For the other, it's not worthy of an engineers remark. My 6 year old could have come up with that idea. The real challenge is to throw it over your shoulder for hands free ergonomic scrambling. To me that's the holy grail. I could grab some webbing and a few faster clips and make what they have there in a few minutes for almost nothing. We need a frame pack. Even still travelling with the camera installed on the bird seems like a seriously bad idea in or out of the case. The stresses put on the gimbal would be very bad. I can see all kind of problems associated with lateral forces on the gimbal. And really, how much time does four clicks on the remote take to get out of travel mode? 20 seconds maybe? You still have a pre flight to do anyway.
2015-3-10
Use props
wesdorman
lvl.2

United States

I have been waiting for someone to create a case using thermodyne style vacuum molded cases...  They are light for their strength and carrying capacity.  I've been traveling with thermodyne cases for 35 years in the television industry. And the last time I needed a case that could float and survive a Humvee driving over it was.... never.  But that's me... Don't misunderstand, these case are strong and durable.  I realize that some people will be traveling down rivers and a water proof case will make sense. But I need to survive normal airline shipping and day to day in the van with a bunch of other cases type use.  These cases are  production strength do last years.  I'm still using the first case I purchased 35+ years ago.

The problem I have with Pelican and SKB type cases is the weight to space ratio... For the Inspire, these cases seem to come in around 27-28 lbs empty.

As to needing wheels built in, I also don't need this. I would like to have more room, to carry multiple chargers and a wind anemometer.  Wheels and handle adds more weight and takes away from interior space. I always have more than one case anyway when traveling so I use a portable hand truck, that can carry everything.  And if only packing a couple of cases, one of those tiny dollies you carry on board the plane would work.

At some point I'll probably have to custom design, but would rather buy off the shelf.  So if anyone has seen this type of case, please let me know.

If you have similar needs, let me know and maybe we can work up a custom cut insert for a thermodyne case.  With airline travel I plan on checking the Inspire, but will have a seperate case to carry the batteries on-board.  But I would like the main Inspire case to also be able to carry at least seven batteries and multiple chargers for use when driving to location.  At the end of a long day of filming, need to go to sleep with all batts on charge.

here is a link to check out their cases.     http://www.thermodyne.com/slimline.html

Look forward to your thoughts...
CaseDolly.jpg
2015-3-10
Use props
DroneHangarCase
New

United States

Check out the new Drone Hangar Cases at www.dronehangar.com
2015-3-10
Use props
rbaaij
lvl.4
Flight distance : 73871 ft
Brazil

I have the Aerial Media Pro case and at this moment I am traveling with my Inspire 1 in Brasil. The Aerial Media Pro Case has seen a lot of airplane cargo locations already. All I can say is, I am extremely happy with this case!
2015-3-10
Use props
Colonel Angus
lvl.4

United States

Dangair Posted at 2015-3-10 23:16

I don't think the quick strap is ergonomic. For one, it entails that you keep your arm out from yo ...

The strap looks to be intended for short transport without holding the bird by the arms etc...Sort distance and Im sure someone will have a back pack soon.
Case will be here soon .
Camera can be detached if traveling via air Im talking travel by vehicle for quick deployment and no BS set up in the field..
Not like Im world traveling with this thing...lol 350 sold!!!!!!!!!

2015-3-10
Use props
jonathanp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 519275 ft
Canada

I just ordered one of these:
http://www.tradecraftcases.com/category-s/1828.htm

Works without entering travel mode...
2015-3-10
Use props
Mkell_CA_SF.BAY
lvl.3
Flight distance : 307431 ft
United States

I have the AMP case, it is larger than the supplied Dji case, and is meant for travel mode. However it's got a very nice custom cut for the inspire and accessories. Both the bird and the controllers get completely enclosed beneath the too layer of foam so there is no stress on them when carrying around. There is room for 7 batteries and an extra one in the bird. The one caveat that I've found is that the upper left corner tablet slot in the case is right above the inline wheel. So when you drop your tablet in, be mindful that it can hit the hard plastic section that's protecting the wheel. I corrected this by inserting a small piece of foam in between, but its worth noting.

I think the case is great, but larger than expected. And personally, I don't care that It has to be in travel mode,,I think protecting the camera in its separate case is far more important, especially if I was going to have to check it in for traveling on an airline. Between the two, I find it more cumbersome to sort out and install the props and prop guards then the camera.

I would completely welcome somebody making a case that enabled you to keep the props on in transport. Of course that might limit your available room for transporting other accessories.
2015-3-10
Use props
Dangair
lvl.4

Canada

Gotta be careful buying stuff as a canadian these days with our beaver bucks being so low.
2015-3-10
Use props
CES929
New

United States

lon.garwood@gma Posted at 2015-3-10 15:05
Any recommendation for a case that meets carry on size regulations?  I realize that I might have t ...

You could use Fuerte Cases' Microraptor Backpack system that fits the factory case-It might fit in the overhead, and it your best shot as a carryon.  They also have flight ready and landing mode cases, but like all the others, they are all really big cases.
http://microraptorcases.com/prod ... -added-factory-case
2015-5-8
Use props
pidetectives
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2131073 ft
  • >>>
United States

I orderd the DJI INSPIRE 1/ PHANTOM COMBO CASE for the inspire and vision plus or P3

http://goprofessionalcases.com/shopcases/inspire1-phantom-combo-case.html
2015-5-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules