1097 5 2017-5-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
skpManiac
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1092589 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I came on here tonight as once again my DJI apps have updated and once again I get an error about screen size not working, so now to get my stuff working I have to remove the DJI apps, (both of them do this) and re-install them, this is a nightmare as all the settings for my drones and Osmo mobile are also lost. After re-installing I have to remember all my settings and also remember to set the Osmo to record to the SD card, which for some stupid reason we cannot do the the video cache from the drones? WHY NOT? Thjis should be the default setting, and why is so damn complicated to set it on the Osmo, why is not just a simple toggle switch like all the other apps?

After reading many posts tonight it is obvious that DJI do not support Android in any shape way or form - they hardly every answer posts and when they do its a standard, we will report this to our team and MAYBE a fix will be offered at some point before your kit is obsoltee, but dont hold your breath - its just not good enough when we have all spent crazy amounts of money with them, whether it's for a hobby or professional use.

I have about 8 posts on here in various sections all highlighting issues with the stuff I have bought, some go back to March last year and NONE of the things I have reported have been addressed.
My Osmo mobile is useless, it simply does not do what they advertise it to do, the Mavic is great, but the software is almost useless with issue after issue cropping up, and it crashes while in flight etc etc.
They just seem to add things no one really needs or wants like the video editor, most of us will do that on the PC, so why not make that a seperate app so if you want it you can add it, if you dont want it, you are not installing a load of useless stuff on your phone?

This is just my thoughts tonight - what are YOUR experiences and issues?

Screen Size error

Screen Size error
2017-5-19
Use props
skpManiac
lvl.2
  • >>>
Germany

Just an afterthought, why can't the App save all the settings to the SD card or sync the settings to our DJI account, so when we install again we can simply download our last SAVED config?
Like copilot etc does - it cant be that hard for you to implement.

At least that way when the app screws up we can recover our settings easily.
2017-5-19
Use props
skpManiac
lvl.2
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Go 4 and Go updated today on my S7 Edge and they are BOTH doing this exact error again :/

It's actually painful as every time I lose ALL my settings - come on DJI please PLEASE please fix this!!!!
2017-6-15
Use props
Logger
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2883714 ft
Australia

On your S7e go to settings > display and change the screen resolution from WQHD to FHD. That should fix it and get rid of that  message. I have never had that message on my S7 edge. Saw a person with same compatibility warning on a S8. Told him to make this change and it fixed things straight away.
2017-6-15
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

Turn off "auto update/sync" on your device/tablet, that way it won't auto-update. Then you can do the update yourself, if you wish, after seeing the results of said update from other, braver souls than I.
I also turn off the wifi on my devices when I power them up/start the app. Easy peasy.
I use my LG 10" tabby and never a hiccup on the App, or craft itself. Still running original firm. from the box, .400.......
Yes, I may be missing a couple "cool new features", but if I do decide Iwant them, I'll do the updates....
When I want to.....
2017-6-15
Use props
skpManiac
lvl.2
  • >>>
Belgium

Logger Posted at 2017-6-15 07:14
On your S7e go to settings > display and change the screen resolution from WQHD to FHD. That should fix it and get rid of that  message. I have never had that message on my S7 edge. Saw a person with same compatibility warning on a S8. Told him to make this change and it fixed things straight away.

first thing i TRIED, SAME ERROR :/

Might do a hard reset on my phone as it has not been wiped since it updated form Marshmallow to Nougat
2017-6-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules