Firmware update
1252 1 2017-5-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GrahamGee 9
lvl.1
Flight distance : 104882 ft
United Kingdom

having now been a member of the DJI family for just over a year I have to say I'm a little taken aback with the way you have conducted this up and coming Firmware update! From having no notice of pending updates to what I can only say is a landslide of information is to the point of an almost a frenzied attack of the senses...,
Clearly you have been criticised in the past but really the statement regarding the restricted control if you don't upgrade is almost to the level.of CAA /FAA control of our airspace!

I applaud having to weed out the cowboys but currently we don't have to have a pilots licence to fly as we are fun flyers and this current situation points to a BIG BROTHER approach to policing our airspace which having worked for many years in both the civil and military aerospace industries understand the need of leadership and management of our air which we breath!

My point is that surely we need control but is it not better that control be with each countries model aircraft body rather than the manufacturer whose sole aim is to make a profit first?

I invite and look forward to a response that will progress this topic forward rather than to defend an argument, thank you!

GrahamGee

Proud to be a flyer in the United Kingdom!

2017-5-21
Use props
NavigatorNL
lvl.4
Flight distance : 700768 ft
Netherlands

Probably about this message. I share your concerns.

Dear Customers,

DJI will soon introduce a new application activation process for international customers. This new step, to take effect at the end of this week, ensures you will use the correct set of geospatial information and flight functions for your aircraft, as determined by your geographical location and user profile. All existing flight safety limitations, such as geofencing boundaries and altitude limits, remain the same.

Even if you have registered when activating your aircraft upon purchase, you will have to log in once when you update the new version of DJI GO or GO 4 App. If you have forgotten your password since your initial login, you can reset it using a function within the DJI GO and DJI GO 4 apps.

You will need a data connection to the Internet for your smartphone or tablet when you log in, in order to verify the account information and activate the updated software or firmware. If this activation process is not performed, the aircraft will not have access to the correct geospatial information and flight functions for that region, and its operations will be restricted if you update the upcoming firmware: Live camera streaming will be disabled, and flight will be limited to a 50-meter (164-foot) radius up to 30 meters (98 feet) high.

The feature applies to all aircraft (except standalone A3 and N3) that have been upgraded to the latest firmware or when using future versions of the DJI GO and GO 4 apps.

DJI encourages pilots to always follow applicable laws and regulations in the countries where they operate, and provides information about these regulations on its FlySafe website at flysafe.dji.com.

Sincerely,

Your DJI Team
2017-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules