Am I so confused right now, everyone is the same?
4541 15 2017-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
danbale
lvl.2
Flight distance : 350358 ft
Romania

After a normal Phantom 3 STD flight, small cracks appeared in the casing under one of the engines.
I purchased the Phantom 3 STD 2.5 months ago, during which I flew very little while becouse it was cool outside.
I stopped any activity, I announced the seller, he recommended to address the DJI directly.
I opened a case on May 3, CAS-613952-F5T2K6. I sent the drone and the controller to the technical department in Germany. He went there on 11 May, I have proof from the courier, today is 23 May and I have no news from the DJI.
Meanwhile I opened a request (number 548233) from technical department on May 19, asking for information about this situation.
I have not received any reply, my request has disappeared from my account, i can't see it, i have just the confirmation mail but I did not receive a reply.
Is it normal for it to happen? Has anyone ever encountered this problem?
I want to know what's going on and what should I do?
It's the first time I ask to DJI support and so far I'm very disappointed.

2017-5-23
Use props
WIMO
lvl.2
Netherlands

the support of dji is really slow is heard about 4 month waiting time.
I should try contacing dji
2017-5-23
Use props
danbale
lvl.2
Romania

Of course I contacted DJI, but they do not respond to emails and I can not afford to spend an hour on the phone in an international call, it would cost more than the repair itself. At this point I just want to know where my drone is, I do not get any information about where it might be.
2017-5-24
Use props
RedHotPoker
Captain
Flight distance : 165105 ft
Canada

danbale Posted at 2017-5-24 00:18
Of course I contacted DJI, but they do not respond to emails and I can not afford to spend an hour on the phone in an international call, it would cost more than the repair itself. At this point I just want to know where my drone is, I do not get any information about where it might be.

Online chat is free. Have you given that a try yet?

RedHotPoker
2017-5-24
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I'm trying to relay this information to the appropriate team to look into this. Just to clarify, what kind of postal service did you use when sending the unit in? I'm having a hard time confirming the delivery date via the tracking number you provided Support.
2017-5-24
Use props
danbale
lvl.2
Romania

Hello,
I made a trip to Austria, I used the Austrian postal services to be closer to the DJI service. I can provide a copy of the delivery document, you can find the shipping label on it.

courier-track-info.jpg
post.jpg
2017-5-25
Use props
danbale
lvl.2
Romania

They have a online tracking system, the barcode on the receipt has to be scanned to see the shipping history and package deliveries online. According to the information, the parcel reached you on Thursday 11th May 2017 at 11:09:41
Thank you.
2017-5-25
Use props
WIMO
lvl.2
Netherlands

danbale Posted at 2017-5-24 00:18

Maybe call them
2017-5-27
Use props
WIMO
lvl.2
Netherlands

WIMO Posted at 2017-5-27 07:44
Maybe call them

Sorry I havent red the whole text, but you already have called them
2017-5-27
Use props
danbale
lvl.2
Romania

Yes, I received an unpleasant response, told me that it takes more 12 business days to get a response, not a solution. Which seems a lot. The maximum term for them to  receiving and unpacking a package displayed on their site is 5 days. At this point I still do not know where my drone are. I look forward to a positive feedback. Fingers crossed.
2017-5-28
Use props
danbale
lvl.2
Romania

So, slowly DJI repair service gain my confidence. Got an well expected answer, my unit pass the received / damage assessed steps and now is under repair. Fingers crossed forward for a short time repair and shipment.
Thank you DJI-Jamie for your help.
If everything goes well and the drone arrive on time back at me, DJI repair service wins all my confidence, I'm ready to buy the MAVIC. Hope for the best.
2017-5-29
Use props
danbale
lvl.2
Romania

It seems hope is not enough. I do not understand why the time expressed by DJI should always be multiplied by 2 or 3. This is not good faith. It's been more than 9 days since the drone is under repairs and nearly a month since it reached the DJI facility. Please, when can I get my drone back?

case progress

case progress
2017-6-7
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

What is going to make even more sad a story is that even though the Phantom will be repaired ... cracks under the motors is near universal problem with the Phantom and your nice shiny returned Phantom will most likely repeat same problem after short time.

I strongly suggest that you invest in some 'end-plates' while waiting for your Phantom to be returned and fit them to avoid cracks appearing again....

Google : DJI Phantom End plates.....

http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html ... tor+plates&_sacat=0

They will at least help to keep your P3 in good shape.

Nigel
2017-6-7
Use props
Da Lata
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1008297 ft

Brazil

I have more than 130 flights with the brake set to 120% and no cracks. What I do is regularly check the balance of my propellers.
Generally ceiling fans that vibrate a lot break just on the bolts that hold them to the ceiling!
2017-6-7
Use props
danbale
lvl.2
Romania

How do you check the balance of the propellers? Do you have a special device?
2017-6-7
Use props
solentlife
First Officer
Flight distance : 1087530 ft
Latvia

DuBro do a balancer based on their traditional balancer which has been out for decades. It uses a rod that fits the prop insert.

Another quickie way is a pointed rod held vertical and prop placed on ... the point will centre in the dome of the threaded insert ... heavy blade will hang down.

Nigel
2017-6-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules