Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
My P3P gimbal is acting strange on startup
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
wntmldrs_belgiu
lvl.4
Flight distance : 793281 ft
Belgium

When I press the battery button I get the usual pee pe die peep, but the gimbal and camera just stay numb. When I touch the camera and wiggle it, the gimbal calibration starts and puts the camera straight and I can start flying.My hearing is not too good, but when I hear  a click, like of a switch, then the gimbal does its calibration.Something sowhere must be stuck. I still fly everyday, but sometimes it takes more than one wiggle and the day will come when the gimbal stays passive.
Yes, I will call support, and I know what they will suggest.
But I won't, as long as i can still fly. Then we will see.
2017-5-23
Use props
wntmldrs_belgiu
lvl.4
Belgium

Took a close look at the gimbal and found the flex cable scraped by something. Could that be the culprit for my gimbal bad behaving ?

flex.jpg
2017-5-24
Use props
AG0N-Gary
Second Officer
Flight distance : 700846 ft
United States

Yep.  The ribbon cable is destroyed and needs to be replaced.  There are videos on how to do it  (involved), or you can send it to DroneNerds or other repair place to get it done.  I didn't say DJI, because they are typically slow on turnaround.  You might try the LA facility.
2017-5-24
Use props
wntmldrs_belgiu
lvl.4
Belgium

Gary, Thanks for your advice. Here in Belgium, we have DJI-Netherlands, and they are typically fast in turn-around. But, the internet is flooded with this flex cable and the repair is simple, so I'll have a go.
2017-5-25
Use props
RicardoGray
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4356421 ft
United States

wntmldrs_belgiu Posted at 2017-5-25 04:59
Gary, Thanks for your advice. Here in Belgium, we have DJI-Netherlands, and they are typically fast in turn-around. But, the internet is flooded with this flex cable and the repair is simple, so I'll have a go.

This is not a hard repair at all. I have done several myself with 100% success on all of them. Take your time and watch a couple videos for sure. You will learn something and save yourself some money. Good luck!
2017-5-25
Use props
wntmldrs_belgiu
lvl.4
Belgium

No not a hard repair if ones uses the original flex cable. My shop only had a non-oem flex cable, after installing the symptoms even got weirder. Learned that if there is one thing on a phantom that has to be real DJI, than it is the flex cable.
2017-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules