Trump wants power to be able to track, hack, and destroy your dro...
2412 27 2017-5-23
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
adiru
lvl.2
United States

https://www.documentcloud.org/do ... ction-Proposal.html
2017-5-23
Use props
bombSaWay
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Just seen this /// did you thing we are the only one's with Tinfoil hat's lol
It is out of control now lol
2017-5-23
Use props
vmich
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1100079 ft
Canada

... only if you are a threat to "a covered facility, location, or installation or a covered operation". I doubt flying a Mavic Pro within legal airspace and for leisure qualifies for that, you can relax ;)
2017-5-23
Use props
adiru
lvl.2
United States

vmich Posted at 2017-5-23 17:27
... only if you are a threat to "a covered facility, location, or installation or a covered operation". I doubt flying a Mavic Pro within legal airspace and for leisure qualifies for that, you can relax ;)

"The Trump administration is asking Congress to give the federal government sweeping powers to track, hack and destroy any type of drone over domestic soil with a new exception to laws governing surveillance, computer privacy and aircraft protection, according to a document obtained by The New York Times."

Sweeping powers usually lead to abuse of those powers. The FAA couldnt stop us, this is much worse.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/ ... l?ref=politics&_r=0
2017-5-23
Use props
bombSaWay
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I'm really not concerned I try to follow all rules and guidelines when I fly
It would be cool to see a Sidewinder worth thousands of dollars  take down my $1200 dollar Mavic if that's going to make them happy ?
2017-5-23
Use props
fallsilent
lvl.4
Flight distance : 336709 ft
Canada

vmich Posted at 2017-5-23 17:27

LOL!!! He won't relax. He's spewing misconstrued info all over this forum. It's very amusing that some are actually taking what he says serious. Just sit back, grab some popcorn, and enjoy the show.
2017-5-23
Use props
adiru
lvl.2
United States

bombSaWay Posted at 2017-5-23 17:34
It would be cool to see a Sidewinder worth thousands of dollars  take down my $1200 dollar Mavic if that's going to make them happy ?

No, what will happen is US government will force drone makers like DJI to put in backdoors so they can remotely hijack your drones and crash them or do whatever they want to do.

Backdoors can and have been abused.
Also that means open to mass hacking.
Innocent people's drones can be hacked and used for bad.
Innocent person could be flying drone in safe location, then a prison  outbreak happens, some prisoner's escape and make it across several  dozen miles, then unbeknownst to the innocent person flying, the entire  immediate area is suddenly in real time declared a "special zone" and  now their brand new $1000 drone falls out of the sky and becomes US  property. And they cannot sue.
2017-5-23
Use props
bombSaWay
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Sweeping powers usually lead to abuse of those powers----------------> So True
2017-5-23
Use props
bombSaWay
lvl.1

United Kingdom

adiru Posted at 2017-5-23 17:35
No, what will happen is US government will force drone makers like DJI to put in backdoors so they can remotely hijack your drones and crash them or do whatever they want to do.

you said it not me and your right
2017-5-23
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

NYT are a pack of lying maggots.
Dont believe a word they say, particularly when it comes to Trump.
2017-5-23
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

Bent Kangaroo Posted at 2017-5-23 17:45
NYT are a pack of lying maggots.
Dont believe a word they say, particularly when it comes to Trump.

Maybe they need a SPECIAL PROSECUTOR  to prosecute them.
2017-5-23
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

This has been ongoing since a drone crashed on the white-house lawn.  They have had DARPA even working on it since that time, and now, with ISIS actually using drones to drop explosive devices, it has got a little more serious so I am guessing this is the best they can come up with for the moment.

Note the RADAR balloons to detect drones, failed.  This was Obama's attempt:  http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2014 ... ton-area-skies.html
Fail.

Note, is there a better source than the NYT's on this?  I'd like some real facts for once and they seem to be a bit too hysterical for me lately.
2017-5-23
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Every law abiding citizen don't have to worry about this.
2017-5-23
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-5-23 18:30
Every law abiding citizen don't have to worry about this.

That is true.  This is for the ISIS grenade launchers, guaranteed.
2017-5-23
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Xman1 Posted at 2017-5-23 18:34
That is true.  This is for the ISIS grenade launchers, guaranteed.

Very true.......
2017-5-23
Use props
I am the E
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

They wont write that the legislation draft was circulated to the congressional aides and post a copy of the letter if it wasn't true. Don't be that lame.

Everyone called them crazy and nuts writing about you know who and you know what and now MR. SPECIAL PROSECUTOR, here I come.  lol

2017-5-23
Use props
fans3c192fa7
lvl.1
Flight distance : 325023 ft
Australia

You all make me laugh. Android and apple have been tracking people via gps even when its not on aince the dawn of phones. Do you really think they are just going to fly youre drones away. Lol
2017-5-23
Use props
thehippoz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 23 ft
United States

I like how you think. Or maybe even more sinister. Like this scenario, let's say djis big boss needs a new hypercar to complete his collection. He roid rages because the price and his wife is looking at rich arab guys. Goes back to the office and drops half the fleet flying currently at random. Now they all come crying to support and he tells the call center to make them all user error. He buys 2 cars and a bottle of baijiu.

I mean that's just an example of bad ethics I know. I'm a big believer in murphy's law.
2017-5-23
Use props
Rusty Iron
lvl.3
Australia

Crikey!! As if there's not enough to worry about already! Now we have to defend ourselves against rampaging escapees?? Where will it all end??
2017-5-23
Use props
Landbo
Second Officer
Flight distance : 502792 ft
Denmark

I wish Mr. Trump good luck to destroy MY Mavic here in Denmark, 7000 km away. But Mr. Trump is probably looking for a simple sure victory.  {:4_177:}

Perhaps one in America is getting cold war thinking back ???   

Well, hopefully I should not interfere with another country's policy.   

Regards Leif.
2017-5-23
Use props
Rusty Iron
lvl.3
Australia

Wait, wait...just trying to stop laughing here... Gosh no, It's way worse than that! Did you really believe that the camera on the Mavic is just a camera?? Wake up! The government have developed a way to shrink people and they are the one's flying the Mavic from their tiny reclining and heated captains seat inside the camera housing. They just use mind control to make you use the sticks on the RC the way they want! You're being manipulated by the man, man!! I saw it on the internet, yes I did.

Personally, as usual, I welcome our new, tiny, camera housing dwelling over lords. Long may they reign. Well, at least until next Tuesday or something... Then whatever type of over lord takes over then, I shall pledge my allegiance to them too.
2017-5-23
Use props
baconcow
New

Canada

bombSaWay Posted at 2017-5-23 17:34

For those curious, an AIM-9X Sidewinder Block II missile has a value of approximately $421,000 USD (aeroweb, 2015).
2017-5-23
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Lunatics have taken over the asylum....
2017-5-24
Use props
R&L Aerial
First Officer
Flight distance : 298100 ft
  • >>>
United States

If trumps doing this then it's ok, TRUMP 2020!!!!!!!!!
2017-5-24
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Xman1 Posted at 2017-5-23 18:23
This has been ongoing since a drone crashed on the white-house lawn.  They have had DARPA even working on it since that time, and now, with ISIS actually using drones to drop explosive devices, it has got a little more serious so I am guessing this is the best they can come up with for the moment.

Note the RADAR balloons to detect drones, failed.  This was Obama's attempt:  http://www.foxnews.com/tech/2014 ... ton-area-skies.html

Note, is there a better source than the NYT's on this?  I'd like some real facts for once and they seem to be a bit too hysterical for me lately.

You mentioned Fox News.  They have a stellar reputation for accuracy :-)
2017-5-24
Use props
Xman1
lvl.4

United States

Griffith Posted at 2017-5-24 05:21

You mentioned Fox News.  They have a stellar reputation for accuracy :-)

I took a journalism course in college and what we have now is no longer journalism.  Not even one of the big networks or papers follow the rules anymore.

What does this mean without getting into detail?  We now have a bunch of entertainment magazines passing off as journalism.  Fox is guilty of it too.  The NYT's 10x so.

You got to love the absolute unverified facts and rumors they push today.
2017-5-24
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Xman1 Posted at 2017-5-24 06:21
I took a journalism course in college and what we have now is no longer journalism.  Not even one of the big networks or papers follow the rules anymore.

What does this mean without getting into detail?  We now have a bunch of entertainment magazines passing off as journalism.  Fox is guilty of it too.  The NYT's 10x so.

Unfortunately very true. What sells ads is viewership and what sells viewership is sensational stories that gullible people will believe or want to believe.

IMHO, the best sources are those which have no monetary or political stake in the information, but have a responsibility for accuracy.  In this case, the only reliable source for pending drone legislation would be the Congressional Record.  If it hasn't yet been introduced, it isn't worth a belaboring discussion.
2017-5-24
Use props
DJI Joe
Captain

United States

Thread locked. Things were getting really off topic from DJI products.
2017-5-24
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules