HELP please - no battery, gps, distance, alt or speed readings
2707 29 2015-3-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
briankiser
lvl.2

United States

Hello all - I have a PV2 with the FC200 Camera.

I removed to camera to test fit a 3d Gimbal(switch to Naza-M and back)- now I put the FC200 camera back on and it connects thru wifi, auto stabilizes but several things stopped working.  I can see what it sees, can record and take pictures but cannot tilt the camera.  The FC200 does tilt when you move the Phantom so the servo does work.

My Issues:
1.) I can no longer tilt the camera with the app - I can push the buttons, and the bar shows on the right but is just locked and green.  (Yes Gimbal is turned on in Asst Software.)
2.) I have no readings for:
                                    a.) battery - shows "0" and batt meter on right is greyed out
                                    b.) satellites - shows "0" and greyed out
                                    c.) Distance, Altitude and Speed all read "N/A"

Please help - is this my Main Controller?

Thanks in advance,
Brian

BEK1.jpg
2015-3-9
Use props
mike
Captain
Flight distance : 228255 ft
  • >>>
United States

It sounds like the Wi-Fi module in your camera might be bad.
2015-3-9
Use props
briankiser
lvl.2

United States

mike@singerscre Posted at 2015-3-10 10:46
It sounds like the Wi-Fi module in your camera might be bad.

I still get video and can take pictures etc - Is that a hard fix if the wifi is bad?
2015-3-9
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

briankiser@me.c Posted at 2015-3-10 10:55
I still get video and can take pictures etc - Is that a hard fix if the wifi is bad?

Check the gyroscope above the up/down arrows above  the camera, if it is on, you cannot tilt the camera with the arrows.
2015-3-9
Use props
briankiser
lvl.2

United States

Thanks - checked the gyro button above the tilt buttons - no change - cant receive anything from the camera but a picture. Still no data from battery or speed, alt or distance.  Brian
2015-3-9
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

briankiser@me.c Posted at 2015-3-10 11:24
Thanks - checked the gyro button above the tilt buttons - no change - cant receive anything from the ...

Uninstall and reinstall the DJI app on your phone or the device you are using.  You might have a mismatch.  They have the app on the DJI download page.
2015-3-9
Use props
briankiser
lvl.2

United States

Thanks - deleted and reinstalled - still same issues - Thanks for suggestion.  Brian
2015-3-9
Use props
briankiser
lvl.2

United States

I think my gimbal should be showing up on the "Upgrade" tab of the Phantom Vision Assistant - I think it has lost the driver maybe?

Do you know if the plain Vision 2 gimbal shows up on the update page?  See the picture of the page above in my original post.

Thanks,
Brian
2015-3-9
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

briankiser@me.c Posted at 2015-3-10 11:46
Thanks - deleted and reinstalled - still same issues - Thanks for suggestion.  Brian

One other thing, then I'm at a loss, check the three plugs that plug into the camera mount, if you can, replug or make sure they are seated firmly in place and check the camera ribbon also. make sure it is seated.
2015-3-9
Use props
briankiser
lvl.2

United States

I made sure it was seated at the phantom body  - so the camera and this cable are seated - I assume I have to open the phantom up to make sure the other side is seated inside the phantom?  Thanks again for all your suggestions.  Brian
2015-3-9
Use props
briankiser
lvl.2

United States

Should the gimbal being showing up in my "Updates" page attached above?  Brian
2015-3-9
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

briankiser@me.c Posted at 2015-3-10 11:54
Should the gimbal being showing up in my "Updates" page attached above?  Brian

Did you do the Phantom 2 Vision FC200 Firmware v1.1.9 update for your Phantom 2 vision?
2015-3-9
Use props
briankiser
lvl.2

United States

Yes firmware is up to date at v1.1.9.  I guess I need to crack open the camera and check the wifi portion?

Brian
2015-3-9
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

briankiser@me.c Posted at 2015-3-10 12:07
Yes firmware is up to date at v1.1.9.  I guess I need to crack open the camera and check the wifi po ...

The only other thing is to rebind the range extender.  Get your camera numbers from the binding page before you reset it so you can reenter the same numbers.
2015-3-9
Use props
briankiser
lvl.2

Thanks Gerry - I will rebind and try again - Thanks for your support during this troubling matter.

Brian
2015-3-10
Use props
briankiser
lvl.2

Gerry1124 Posted at 2015-3-10 12:20
The only other thing is to rebind the range extender.  Get your camera numbers from the binding pa ...

I reset the extender and rebound the camera - still have the same issues - I think I am going to open the phantom and check all connections.  

Thanks,
Brian
2015-3-10
Use props
briankiser
lvl.2

UPDATE - this morning i borrowed another range extender from my friends PV2+ - I bound to the camera and still get the same results so it appears that my aircraft is NOT transmitting this data to the range extender.  I still get a video feed and can take pictures and video without a hitch.

Very odd,
Brian
2015-3-11
Use props
wavis184
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1810735 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the very same issues and I have done all of the above and it still does not work. If I find out what the issue is I will surely let you know.
2015-3-11
Use props
briankiser
lvl.2

wavis184@comcas Posted at 2015-3-12 13:00
I have the very same issues and I have done all of the above and it still does not work. If I find o ...

Thank you Wavis - hopefully together, we can figure this out.

Brian
2015-3-12
Use props
wavis184
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I tried a new flight controller it's not that. So next I am going to try the main board when I get time. My wife has been in ICU for a week now. So I kinda been living here.
2015-3-12
Use props
wavis184
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I replaced the central circuit board part NO 10 and that fixed everything but  the continuos beeping on start up. ( http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... id=9391&lang=en) Every thing on the camera works now.
2015-3-12
Use props
briankiser
lvl.2

wavis184@comcas Posted at 2015-3-13 12:27
I replaced the central circuit board part NO 10 and that fixed everything but  the continuos beeping ...

Where did you get the NO 10 board?  Also How much was it?

THANKS,
Brian
2015-3-13
Use props
wavis184
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hi Brian The board was $59.00 I shopped around on line and found it on Ebay. I went back and checked  where I got it from it is out of stock. But I am sure if you shop around you will find one. I just try to find a shipper in the USA cause that where I live. I just highly  recommend that you have all the proper tools to do the job. And if you have never soldered before that you practice before you attempt to replace it. I would be more than happy to tell you some do's and don'ts that I have learned from the one I replaced. Just let me know if you need help with it. And I'll give you my email address to go into more details on the replacement.
2015-3-13
Use props
briankiser
lvl.2

United States

wavis184@comcas Posted at 2015-3-14 09:50
Hi Brian The board was $59.00 I shopped around on line and found it on Ebay. I went back and checked ...

Wavis - I would take any hints or tricks regarding this issue. I have done some limited soldering on speakers and such but never on circuit boards. Thank for the help.
Brian
2015-3-14
Use props
briankiser
lvl.2

United States

Very sorry about your wife - I hope she gets better.
Brian
2015-3-14
Use props
wavis184
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hey Brian I found out the hard way when you open the shell on the under side at the very end by the motors you have to remove 4 little phillips head screws. Don't use a cheap screw driver. You need to press down pretty hard so the head won't strip out. I had to drill out to of them. Take a lot of pictures of the board before you start. In the photo number #1 is the flight controller that will have to be removed. It is held down with double sided tape. You will have to carefully pry it off. In the photo #2 simp off the wire ties so you can move the wires out of the way when you unsolder the power wires from the board. If the soldering tool gets close to the wires it will melt them. #3 some of the wires have white glue that help hold them in place. You will have to carefully remove it so you don't damage the connecter on the end of the wire. #4 you will have 5 sets of 2 wires to unsolder from the board. #5 then you will have 4 screws to remove and then you can take out the old board. Go on youtube and and look up tips on soldering before you start. Just take your time and be careful not to damage the new board and other parts. part 10.jpg
2015-3-14
Use props
wavis184
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

Hi Brian Got my Phantom 2 vision up and running
2015-3-15
Use props
briankiser
lvl.2

Wavis184 - Just found out a close friend builds custom drones and he is going to solder, and teach me a little about soldering while soldering in my new board - Thanks for all of your help!

Brian
2015-3-16
Use props
kevin.hunter
lvl.1

briankiser@me.c Posted at 2015-3-16 23:13
Wavis184 - Just found out a close friend builds custom drones and he is going to solder, and teach m ...

Got the same problem.  Is part No 10 the wifi board and where can I get one.
I hate not being able to see where I am going.
2015-4-28
Use props
briankiser
lvl.2

kevin.hunter@vi Posted at 2015-4-28 21:01
Got the same problem.  Is part No 10 the wifi board and where can I get one.
I hate not being able ...

Part No. 10 is the Central Board - kind of controls everything.  $59 most anywhere.  Brian
2015-5-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules