Landed Mavic lost signal and tried to RTH w/o enough battery! Gone!
898 4 2017-5-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans3cd15972
lvl.1
Flight distance : 115 ft
Brazil

If you land manually and then lose signal, your Mavic will take off again and try to RTH?!

Does automatic RTH engage after landing?  Or did the guy below fail to stop his props or something?
He says he lost his Mavic when it tried to return on insufficienct battery (watch from 8m23s)...

2017-5-25
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Can you you provide a bit more context? By any chance are you talking about this?

But to answer what I think is your question, no, the Mavic will not take off and return to home if its connection to the remote control is lost after it lands. Based on the comments in the thread I linked to above, it appears that what happened is that the connection was lost before the aircraft actually landed, and signal loss definitely can trigger RTH (assuming it's configured that way).
2017-5-25
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

(watch from 8m23s)...

Did you mean to post a video?
2017-5-25
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

Griffith Posted at 2017-5-25 06:29
(watch from 8m23s)...

Did you mean to post a video?

I think he's talking about Ian's video from last month; 8:23 is around the time he mentioned the RTH being triggered by signal loss.
2017-5-25
Use props
Griffith
Second Officer
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Hmmm ... this is showing up as a new post on my screen without mentioning a previous incident. Thanks for the clarification.
2017-5-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules