Crash Phantom 4
1282 8 2017-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Vladimir Voynov
lvl.1

Russia

Hello!
During the flight on Phantom 4, spontaneous detachment of the propeller occurred.
Details.
I was within the same territory and made 6 flights. After each flight I took a phantom 4 in my hands, and walked about 200 meters on foot to change the place for aerial photography. At the same time he kept the phantom behind the supports and did not remove the propellers. When I came to a new location for the flight, the propellers were installed as they were, and remained in place, that is, I never took them off during these 6 flights. And of course I could not even think that they could cut themselves off during the last sixth flight. As usual I walked about 100-200 meters, put a phantom on the ground, on the asphalt. Turned on the engines and after 5 seconds of work began to take off. Phantom confidently gained altitude and stayed in the air. Suddenly, in a moment, he began to fall. When I watched the video, then I saw that there was no propeller on the front left engine, so it became clear that he had disconnected himself. The video was shot in full HD 60 frames. This video I converted to 25 frames and added a slowdown of 50%. You can see for yourself that the propeller itself has disconnected. I think that if it was badly fastened initially, it would be unfastened during the start of the engines, and if this did not happen, then we can conclude that the propeller was well attached. I think that the reason could be factory marriage. I ask you to resolve this situation safely, I would like that they sent me a new copter, since it fell not for my own reason. I still have a remote control, but now no copter. I attach video files.
https://cloud.mail.ru/public/Kz2i/bq9Hk3UWF

2017-5-30
Use props
Tmygun
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972497 ft
  • >>>
United States

Really sorry for your loss.
Could you supply some more information?

Was this a Phantom 4 or Phantom 4 Pro or P4 Advanced?  How many flight hours on the aircraft and/or propellers?  
Did you check the attaching point on the underside of the propellers  before you attached them to the P4?

Did you check the screws (And This is Very Important) that hold the prop hub assembly on to the motor?
I do that periodically as a maintenance step as I found loose screw a couple of times that had to be tightened.
Saw the video and the propeller is definitely gone, but I don't see the assembly on the motor......not sure if you could see it anyway from that angle.
2017-5-30
Use props
Vladimir Voynov
lvl.1

Russia

Tmygun Posted at 2017-5-30 06:16
Really sorry for your loss.
Could you supply some more information?

I present more information.
It was Phantom 4.
How long did the copter fly? It was 35-40 flights.
Screws and screws on the engines, I checked before the first take-off on that day. I put pictures of copter and engines.
And also add a log file.
The photo of Crash-005 shows the engine from which the propeller spontaneously disconnected
https://cloud.mail.ru/public/Kz2i/bq9Hk3UWF
2017-6-6
Use props
PartsGuy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 418346 ft
United States

Not to get too nitpicky, but this was NOT an "spontaneous"  event.  This was a "cause and effect" event. Something or someone did something to the propeller attachment that caused the propeller to come off. The effect was the wreck. There was nothing spontaneous about it.
2017-6-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

I'm sorry to hear, have you contacted Support about this? They would be able to help you with sending it in for a repair service. Could you clarify how long it was in the air after take off when this incident occurred?
2017-6-6
Use props
Vladimir Voynov
lvl.1

Russia

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-6 19:19
I'm sorry to hear, have you contacted Support about this? They would be able to help you with sending it in for a repair service. Could you clarify how long it was in the air after take off when this incident occurred?

Quadrocopter was in the air about 1 minute after there was already a break of the propeller. I attached a link to the files above. There and a photo and video and a log file with a fall. Look at them.
2017-6-7
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

Vladimir Voynov Posted at 2017-6-7 20:15
Quadrocopter was in the air about 1 minute after there was already a break of the propeller. I attached a link to the files above. There and a photo and video and a log file with a fall. Look at them.

I tried to, but your link does not work.
2017-6-8
Use props
Vladimir Voynov
lvl.1

Russia

Geebax Posted at 2017-6-8 01:19
I tried to, but your link does not work.

Just clicked on the link, everything works, click on the link from the computer and the folder in the cloud will open, there are 11 photos, 2 videos, a log file.
2017-6-8
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Vladimir Voynov Posted at 2017-6-8 19:45
Just clicked on the link, everything works, click on the link from the computer and the folder in the cloud will open, there are 11 photos, 2 videos, a log file.

Again, have you contacted Support about this as well? It's ultimately up to them to determine whether the unit can be repaired or if it is truely unrepairable. If you're having difficulties reaching Support, please provide any ticket or case numbers that had been generated in order to help you move forward.
2017-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules