2124 9 2017-5-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
zainmeer
New
Flight distance : 254757 ft
Vietnam

Hi,

I'm im Vietnam & I lost my Mavi Pro drone, havn't had it very long, took it far out but the controller said has enough battery to make it back to the home point but didnt even make it close back before the battery died and went critical, Ive been to the last known location twice now and spent about 7-12 hours trekking and looking in the forest for it, was wondering if any one can help me narrow down the search radius for the drone as the DJI app's find my drone's location doesnt seem to be completely right for where it came down. Due to the height and wind speed of the drone coming down I think it didnt drop where the app is saying it did (it dropped from -60m to -162ish m and then to -182m), I was on the Hai Van Pass in Da Nang while flying it. I have attached the CSV file of the last Flight log Recorded where the app says it came down. I know should have bought a tracker but difficult to find anything in Vietnam.

Appreciate any help  

Thanks,
Zain

ExportCSV_2017-05-29_[13-48-16].csv.zip

30.82 KB, Down times: 5

CSV Drone Log

2017-5-30
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

I got "Sorry, can not read the attachment" when I tried to download the attachment. Please upload the TXT file from the flight to PhantomHelp (not AirData), provide a link to it in this thread, and someone may be able to help you decide where to look.
2017-5-30
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-5-30 04:18
I got "Sorry, can not read the attachment" when I tried to download the attachment. Please upload the TXT file from the flight to PhantomHelp (not AirData), provide a link to it in this thread, and someone may be able to help you decide where to look.

I just tried again and can now download the file, but that's not what's needed. We need the TXT file off your mobile device, which can be accessed using the instructions provided here.
2017-5-30
Use props
zainmeer
New
Vietnam

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-5-30 04:23
I just tried again and can now download the file, but that's not what's needed. We need the TXT file off your mobile device, which can be accessed using the instructions provided here.

Thanks, have uploaded the .TXT file so you can view the flight record here: http://app.airdata.com/main?share=OpUwwE hope this helps, should have just landed it myself somewhere in an open space instead of doing return to home.

2017-5-30
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
United States

zainmeer Posted at 2017-5-30 04:55
Thanks, have uploaded the .TXT file so you can view the flight record here: http://app.airdata.com/main?share=OpUwwE hope this helps, should have just landed it myself somewhere in an open space instead of doing return to home.

Can you also upload that same file to PhantomHelp?
2017-5-30
Use props
rnrnrn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430932 ft
Germany

zainmeer Posted at 2017-5-30 04:55

Having looked at your logs I would asses as follows:

- first of all I don't want to criticize (because we all make mistakes) but you took off with a bit over 40% battery and carried out a long flight - given possible head wind when coming back I would have assumed you won't make it back on 40% from that distance, not to mention the battery you used getting there - sorry but that's rather obvious from your flight path,

- look at the points between 30% and 24% and then 10% - going one way you used 6%, going the other 14% - let's skip on battery measurement accuracy for the moment (because that's also not very accurate) - this could indicate that you were dealing with a lot of head wind and that's a clue on where to look for your craft,

- for the search I would assume that the craft can be somewhere on the last line of progress but either more towards the coast (more logical) from the time of the last position report but also a bit further towards you - because the craft can do that sometimes (still fly without holding the connection).

I wish you all the best of luck trying to find it in the forest down there - you'll need it. And for the future - definitely consider a safer approach to battery capacity and the return to home function. Please do note - you got the first warning about the battery being only enough for RTH at 3m41s yet you flew 1000m further out - that should not have happened.

Hope you find your Mavic and wishing you safe flights in the future.

Cheers!
2017-5-30
Use props
zainmeer
New
Vietnam

Yep was stupid of me, shouldn't have flown it so far with the battery low, had just driven 50km and wasn't focused when I took it up, thanks appreciate the help will try and search for it again but doubt I'll find it as the forest is too difficult to navigate through without a chainsaw or machete, might just have to buy a new one if I can't and learn from my mistakes, will have to be more careful in the future
2017-5-30
Use props
Daroga
First Officer
Flight distance : 3517287 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry for your loss. It's likely up in the canopy, as it tried to land on it's way to RTH:

Likely in Canopy

Likely in Canopy

The flight path according to Google Earth:

Flight Path

Flight Path

2017-5-30
Use props
arcyenom
lvl.1
Flight distance : 85384 ft
United States

You flew it another 3000ft out after you got the "return home now" warning? Come on man. You also didn't have your cache set to auto clean meaning you didn't get video from it's final location. Looking at that area, your drone is definitely in one of the trees. You'd probably need another drone to find it...
2017-5-30
Use props
zainmeer
New
Vietnam

Thanks Daroga will have a look there. I know, already said was tired and made a mistake, I'm new at flying and got a bit carried away, everything comes with a learning curve believe me will be a lot more cautious in the future, was not aware of the set it to auto clean either will look into that. Have another drone being delivered to me today, will not make the same mistake and will try to use it to try and locate my missing one. Apparently I'm not the only one who's lost a drone in this area, the shop I contacted to buy a new one said 10 people this week that bought a drone from him, contacted him saying they lost their drone's in this area, so must be alot of lost drones in the woods over here...
2017-5-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules