New or Refurb Unit w/ Care Refresh
6963 21 2017-6-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chabib
lvl.1
United States

Just sent off my ~1 week old Mavic to DJI for replacement under Care Refresh followning a pretty bad crash. I've read up a bit and heard that you can either get a new or refurbished unit back depending on the luck of the draw. Is there any way to tell what I'll get getting back, either beforehand or once the unit is returned? Is there any way at all I can request a new unit back, especially given how new mine is (or was before the crash)? Any idea on what the current turnaround time is? Much appreciated!
2017-6-3
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

For DJI Care Refresh, you’ll receive a replacement unit that is new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability. We will take care of it when it arrives. Please leave us the case number, I will check the process for you.
2017-6-4
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

To paraphrase -- and hopefully clarify -- Mindy's answer, it's at DJI's discretion whether you'll receive a new or refurbished replacement. You can request it and someone with their support staff may tell you that you'll receive a new one, but based on recent comments I've seen, regardless of what you request and are told you'll probably receive a refurbished Mavic.
2017-6-4
Use props
PM160Mavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 303219 ft
United States

Refurbished units have a "R" in the serial number.
2017-6-4
Use props
DroneFlying
Second Officer
Flight distance : 10774613 ft
United States

PM160Mavic Posted at 2017-6-4 04:02
Refurbished units have a "R" in the serial number.

I believe that's true for the Phantoms but not Mavics; at least I've yet to hear of anyone who received a refurbished Mavic with an "R" appended to the serial number.
2017-6-4
Use props
chabib
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-4 01:02
For DJI Care Refresh, you’ll receive a replacement unit that is new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability. We will take care of it when it arrives.. Please leave us the case number, I will check the process for you.

Mindy, I just mailed it off today so I doubt there will be much progress on it but my case number is CAS-688365-H3K5G1.

Thanks to everyone else for the replies so far.
2017-6-4
Use props
PM160Mavic
lvl.2
Flight distance : 303219 ft
United States

DroneFlying Posted at 2017-6-4 04:07
I believe that's true for the Phantoms but not Mavics; at least I've yet to hear of anyone who received a refurbished Mavic with an "R" appended to the serial number.

I could be wrong but I swear I read someone's thread on there about receiving a mavic with a "R" on the serial when they did a refresh warranty swap.  
2017-6-4
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

chabib Posted at 2017-6-4 05:40
Mindy, I just mailed it off today so I doubt there will be much progress on it but my case number is CAS-688365-H3K5G1.

Thanks to everyone else for the replies so far.

I'm sorry that the package hasn't been delivered, we will take good care of your drone when we receive it, appreciate your patience.
2017-6-4
Use props
chabib
lvl.1
United States

So a quick progress update. Shipped Monday (06/05), received Friday (06/09), Mavic was assessed and a quote generated Monday (06/12). Despite the drone having several issues (bent motor, broken props, broken gimbal / camera, multiple scratches and dents), the quote lists just the gimbal / camera for $179, with $0 due as it's being covered under warranty. I've chatted with support but no one has been able to tell me exactly whats going on, specifically if they're replacing the entire drone with a new / like-new unit or just fixing all the issues and sending me the unit back, and if I'm going to get a bill all of a sudden for a Refresh replacement.
2017-6-13
Use props
chabib
lvl.1
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-4 19:43
I'm sorry that the package hasn't been delivered, we will take good care of your drone when we receive it, appreciate your patience.

Sent you a PM about this, was hoping you could provide a little more information about what's been going on.
2017-6-13
Use props
Sime
lvl.3
Flight distance : 3055210 ft
Australia

You know what's better than a broken crashed mavic?

A replacement for cheap, regardless if it's refurbished or not, better than nothing.
2017-6-13
Use props
Bent Kangaroo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 362510 ft
Australia

Sime Posted at 2017-6-13 22:22
You know what's better than a broken crashed mavic?

A replacement for cheap, regardless if it's refurbished or not, better than nothing.

Got to agree with that.

Send in a mangled twisted wreck of a Mavic and expecting new one in return a bit optimistic.
2017-6-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

chabib Posted at 2017-6-13 20:15
Sent you a PM about this, was hoping you could provide a little more information about what's been going on.

Has responded in PM.
2017-6-14
Use props
chabib
lvl.1
United States

Bent Kangaroo Posted at 2017-6-13 22:54
Got to agree with that.

Send in a mangled twisted wreck of a Mavic and expecting new one in return a bit optimistic.

I'm not concerned with getting a new or refurb unit back, I'm more worried that they're only replacing the camera / gimbal and not the additional items that required repair. Chatted with them again a few minutes ago and they said the unit would be swapped out and not just repaired so, we'll see when it gets back to me, whenever that is.
2017-6-14
Use props
DroneyMcDronefa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11283 ft
United States

Any updates? Did you end up getting a new or refurb?
2017-7-3
Use props
DroneyMcDronefa
lvl.2
Flight distance : 11283 ft
United States

Hello OP??? What was the end result ????
2017-8-18
Use props
Thallikar
New
United States

DroneyMcDronefa Posted at 2017-8-18 08:28
Hello OP??? What was the end result ????

I sent mine for the DJI Care Refresh and I ended up getting a refurbished.  WTH?  I thought I was getting a new one.  I can clearly see scratches, it has been used a few times and color shows some use to it.
2018-3-5
Use props
djiuser_d5zZz7H5pPuv
lvl.1
United States

Sent my Mavic Air in Monday they received it today hoping for a response this week!! Broke my front right motor crashing into the Coronado bridge!! Trying to land it was a foot off the ground and battery was dying so it returned to home and the cancel button wouldn’t respond!! Hoping they replace that motor and send it back considering I still had the plastic on it!!!
2018-11-8
Use props
djiuser_xHd2FFdiypzK
New

United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 2017-6-4 01:02
For DJI Care Refresh, you’ll receive a replacement unit that is new or equivalent to new in performance and reliability. We will take care of it when it arrives. Please leave us the case number, I will check the process for you.

DJI Mindy: I just received the follwoing notice "DJI Care Refresh Service, please click on “Use Care Refresh”. (In addition, since we did not receive the battery, it will not be replaced.) We'll either replace it with a product that's new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability, or repair it." for CAS-10701699-M9X1H2

I sent everything in the bundle in even the extra prop.  I most certainly sent in the battery. Either DJI noted the case in error or the repair center they sent it to is stealing the battery. Who do I need to contact to dispute the fact that I most certainly returned every single item required?
2022-10-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

djiuser_xHd2FFdiypzK Posted at 10-13 18:23
DJI Mindy: I just received the follwoing notice "DJI Care Refresh Service, please click on “Use Care Refresh”. (In addition, since we did not receive the battery, it will not be replaced.) We'll either replace it with a product that's new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability, or repair it." for CAS-10701699-M9X1H2

I sent everything in the bundle in even the extra prop.  I most certainly sent in the battery. Either DJI noted the case in error or the repair center they sent it to is stealing the battery. Who do I need to contact to dispute the fact that I most certainly returned every single item required?

Hi there, we are deeply sorry for the inconvenience. We confirmed that your battery was sent in and our team has resent the quotation. After the package is shipped, you will receive an email update. Please wait for the update patiently.
2022-10-15
Use props
djiuser_fjYs7AZxm55x
New

United Kingdom

chabib Posted at 2017-6-14 07:42
I'm not concerned with getting a new or refurb unit back, I'm more worried that they're only replacing the camera / gimbal and not the additional items that required repair. Chatted with them again a few minutes ago and they said the unit would be swapped out and not just repaired so, we'll see when it gets back to me, whenever that is.

I think you should be concerned. I received an aircraft replacement from care fresh sealed in box with cosmetic damage on it plus it didn't pair with the rc, I had to send it back. They had to repair the replacement unit as the module core board was faulty they said. So at the end I got a replacement unit from care fresh then had to send it back to repair without using it. So know what you flying
2022-11-23
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_fjYs7AZxm55x Posted at 11-23 03:01
I think you should be concerned. I received an aircraft replacement from care fresh sealed in box with cosmetic damage on it plus it didn't pair with the rc, I had to send it back. They had to repair the replacement unit as the module core board was faulty they said. So at the end I got a replacement unit from care fresh then had to send it back to repair without using it. So know what you flying

Do you realise you are quoting and replying to a post that is more than 5 years old?
2022-11-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules