P2 versus P2V+
1154 5 2015-3-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jayeffu2
lvl.1

Australia

As far as I can tell from the manual the P2 transmits none of the information processed by the P2 Vision App. The P2 requires line-of-sight judgement to fly. So even after mounting a Gopro and adding FPV components, the other functions available via the P2 Vision App e.g. setting waypoints, checking satelite numbers, seeing altitude, etc - are not available.   Am I correct here? ....hmm beware false economies methinks.
2015-3-11
Use props
Glitch
lvl.2
United States

I'm flying the P2, and although you are accurate that adding a video Tx isn't enough, I know many P2 pilots including myself who fly with the DJI iOSD mini integrated into the FPV system on the P2, which then will show battery level, satellites acquired, GoPro status, altitude, rate of climb, horizon, orientation in degrees of pitch/roll/yaw, and a few other things which I'm forgetting. As far as I know there isn't a way-point capability but that's nothing I've checked on yet.

Quite content with it so far, and the only thing I'd have liked more is a visual of the Lat/Long in case of a crash, which it probably can do, but I just haven't looked into it yet since I don't have a DVR monitor and would thus be relatively useless.
Hope this helps,
Cheers
2015-3-11
Use props
reaktor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 276844 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I started out with the Vision+ but after I was disappointed with the standard camera & gimbal setup I modded my Phantom to take a H3-3D & GoPro 4 Silver.

Now I have the high quality of GoPro but I still get all of the telemetry and battery data, as well as FPV video, in the Vision app. I'm very happy with this setup for video, but the standard Vision+ camera was probably better for photos.
Best of both worlds perhaps?...
2015-3-11
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

The P2 can use ground station via a Bluetooth link,

http://www.dji.com/product/ipad-ground-station
2015-3-12
Use props
reaktor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 276844 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Doesn't bluetooth have a limited range?

"Range may vary depending on class of radio used in an implementation:

Class 3 radios – have a range of up to 1 meter or 3 feet
Class 2 radios – most commonly found in mobile devices – have a range of 10 meters or 33 feet
Class 1 radios – used primarily in industrial use cases – have a range of 100 meters or 300 feet"
2015-3-12
Use props
PanamonCreel
lvl.4

Mexico

reaktor@gmail.c Posted at 2015-3-12 17:36
Doesn't bluetooth have a limited range?

"Range may vary depending on class of radio used in an impl ...

Correct but groundstation is used for autonomous WP flight programming while close by.Mind you DJI specifies a <350m range urban and <2km outdoor. line of sight in FCC mode ;)

2015-3-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules