1049 22 2017-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Alcorn61
lvl.1
Flight distance : 30125 ft
United Kingdom

Hi All

Just bit the bullet & ordered myself a used P4 with only 2hrs use. It should be here by the weekend .Is there anyone out and about in the Durham area who dosnt mind helping a complete 61 year old retired novice get to grips with the set up calibration. And generally showing me the do's and don'ts . I'm also in the Ripon area most weekends as I have a staic van there..
I can travel and dont mind treating someone to a bag of chips and a pint for their help Reading instructions really isnt my thing ,I learn better listening to someone with practical experiance.

2017-6-5
Use props
Alcorn61
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Forgot to add free most days as now retired
2017-6-5
Use props
Paddle Faster
lvl.2
Flight distance : 678825 ft
United States

Hello Alcorn61,  Unfortunately, Im a little geographically inconvenient to help in person, but there are lots and lots of videos that were very helpful to me when I was where you are at. Best advice, slow and gentle with the sticks. There are old pilots, and bold pilots, but not many old,bold pilots.
2017-6-5
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Alcorn61 Posted at 2017-6-5 09:20
Forgot to add free most days as now retired

Just shout online if you need any help,  I'm up in Aberdeen, but SWMBO has family around Washington (Or Washington D.C as it once was )
2017-6-5
Use props
SomeoneElsesDro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 419669 ft
United Kingdom

I'm just outside of Manchester. If you wanted to meet up in the peaks some time, I'd be happy to fly with you
2017-6-5
Use props
Jeffyk
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4252 ft
  • >>>
United States

Welcome,  my advice is to take your time so you don't smash your drone or end up losing it. There is a lot of help here in this group so you are in the right place!
2017-6-5
Use props
Alcorn61
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Jeffyk Posted at 2017-6-5 13:12
Welcome,  my advice is to take your time so you don't smash your drone or end up losing it. There is a lot of help here in this group so you are in the right place!

Thank for comments much appreciated, Ill take in more instruction vidios this week.
2017-6-5
Use props
djordan2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 79291 ft
United States

Just one bit of advice from me.  Keep those blades well above your head at all times when in close.  More than one of us have scars from those whirling razor blades.
2017-6-5
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

If you have any trouble getting hold of someone, you could always see if a local dealer can help you out. Best of luck to you and happy flying!
2017-6-5
Use props
calls4u2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 211604 ft
United Kingdom

I'm South East Northumberland if you wanna come up sometime. Otherwise, find an open flat space with no power lines and go slow to begin with. mind you the weather isn't up to flying today.
2017-6-5
Use props
Alcorn61
lvl.1
United Kingdom

djordan2 Posted at 2017-6-5 14:41
Just one bit of advice from me.  Keep those blades well above your head at all times when in close.  More than one of us have scars from those whirling razor blades.

I have flown model planes and your so right ,them blades are like razor blades if they hit you
2017-6-6
Use props
Alcorn61
lvl.1
United Kingdom

calls4u2 Posted at 2017-6-5 23:27
I'm South East Northumberland if you wanna come up sometime. Otherwise, find an open flat space with no power lines and go slow to begin with. mind you the weather isn't up to flying today.

I live near Crook and have a field out the back of the house ,used sometimes for cricket etc. I've actually flown EPC planes of it in the past. Unfortunately!!   There are electric pylons 1/2 mile away   
2017-6-6
Use props
Alcorn61
lvl.1
United Kingdom

DJI-Jamie Posted at 2017-6-5 18:14
If you have any trouble getting hold of someone, you could always see if a local dealer can help you out. Best of luck to you and happy flying!

Thanks ,no dealer local im afraid . It arives thursday,ill go through some more vidios and hopefully get it all sorted .
2017-6-6
Use props
Alcorn61
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Aardvark Posted at 2017-6-5 12:46
Just shout online if you need any help,  I'm up in Aberdeen, but SWMBO has family around Washington (Or Washington D.C as it once was )

Thanks appreciated.
2017-6-6
Use props
djordan2
Second Officer
Flight distance : 79291 ft
United States

Oh ya...one more thing.  Make sure to leave it in GPS mode.
2017-6-6
Use props
Lhonskie Aerial
lvl.4
Flight distance : 606608 ft
Thailand

When you ready for take off or landing, never face the camera on you unless you are familiar with the orientation. Im also flying mine for almost 6 months now and i still do this.
2017-6-6
Use props
Dishy
lvl.1
Flight distance : 23209 ft
United Kingdom

Hi
Hope you enjoy the hobby, Just watch all the u tube videos, loads of expert advice. I purchased a P3 about  18 months ago and then bit the bullet on a P4. I put a video of the P3 flying over the river mersey you can look it up on utube called DRONE OVER THE MERSEY
Regards Chris
2017-6-6
Use props
DJI-Jamie
DJI team
Flight distance : 112405 ft
United States

Alcorn61 Posted at 2017-6-6 05:17
Thanks ,no dealer local im afraid . It arives thursday,ill go through some more vidios and hopefully get it all sorted .

I'm sure you'll get the hang of it, happy flying!
2017-6-6
Use props
Capo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 178196 ft
United States

There are great videos on Youtube on practicing manual flying. I suggest that's a good start. Leave it in beginner mode until you are comfortable. Make sure you understand about having the Home point set before take off and how RTH works before taking it out of beginner mode. These drones are very easy to fly manually. Getting confused? Just let go of the sticks and it will hover. Don't fly inside until you have more experience. Getting to know the app and all it's options is really the biggest learning curve.

To bad you weren't in Durham Region in Canada, or I'd take you up on your offer.
2017-6-6
Use props
Alcorn61
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Capo Posted at 2017-6-6 10:03
There are great videos on Youtube on practicing manual flying. I suggest that's a good start. Leave it in beginner mode until you are comfortable. Make sure you understand about having the Home point set before take off and how RTH works before taking it out of beginner mode. These drones are very easy to fly manually. Getting confused? Just let go of the sticks and it will hover. Don't fly inside until you have more experience. Getting to know the app and all it's options is really the biggest learning curve.

To bad you weren't in Durham Region in Canada, or I'd take you up on your offer.

Thanks comments much appreciated.
2017-6-6
Use props
CP3PO
lvl.1
Flight distance : 10 ft
United States

I think this droning thing might be taking off in a minute! !!
2017-6-6
Use props
Alcorn61
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Dishy Posted at 2017-6-6 06:54
Hi
Hope you enjoy the hobby, Just watch all the u tube videos, loads of expert advice. I purchased a P3 about  18 months ago and then bit the bullet on a P4. I put a video of the P3 flying over the river mersey you can look it up on utube called DRONE OVER THE MERSEY
Regards Chris

Found drone over river Mersey  Chris.

Very impressive  
2017-6-6
Use props
Jcostello
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1861490 ft

United Kingdom

toms tech time on youtube watch his videos mate.............oh an enjoy it
2017-6-6
Use props