3D Printing...
841 8 2017-6-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Rodger Marjama
lvl.3
United States

Printing some parts for my recent hoodman/mavmount purchase.  I really like the mavmount, HIGH QUALITY!.  The hoodman is good, but too hard to get to my Samsung Galaxy Tab S control functions.  I bought both pieces, but I think I will just use the bottom part for now.  Big hands and small pockets don't go together very well.  Also, my tablet has a button the keeps getting pressed by the hoodman and that really messes things up.  So, figured I make a mount base for the hoodman to set in and fit it to my tablet as well.  Might make a sunshade add-on for the top of the hoodman that I can still fit my hand in to reach the screen as needed.  Here's a rendering of the design that is printing now.

-Rodger
Hoodman baseplate for Samsung Tab S 8.4_ v14.png
2017-6-5
Use props
Lucas775
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Looks like some hi quality stuff, keep us posted about the finish product and by the way i love my mavmount A class tablet holder.
2017-6-5
Use props
Rodger Marjama
lvl.3
United States

Thanks for the reply...

First printed this design in NinJaFlex (softer TPU).  It was just too flimsy for me.  Next printed it in PETG and would have been OK, but the design had too tight a pocket for the tablet so it just didn't fit.  Modified the design a bit and printing another on in PETG now.  Might try printing it in nylon too, as it is more flexible then PETG is and more tough as well.  I also have a harder TPU I can try.  It's a good idea and it will work, just a couple wrinkles to work out.

-Rodger
2017-6-6
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Good job, Rodger.  As a matter of curiosity,  Is it possible to mix TPU's - perhaps with a dual nozzle printer?
2017-6-6
Use props
AESTHETIC VIEWS
lvl.2
United States

looks nice man
2017-6-6
Use props
Rodger Marjama
lvl.3
United States

Griffith Posted at 2017-6-6 09:42
Good job, Rodger.  As a matter of curiosity,  Is it possible to mix TPU's - perhaps with a dual nozzle printer?

Sure.  The only thing with dual extruders is they tend to produce a lessor quality because of excessive oozing.  I have one 3D printer with dual extruders, and 6 single exturders units.  The single extruder units are always running and the dual extruder I use at my desk for product design prototyping.  

-Rodger
2017-6-6
Use props
Rodger Marjama
lvl.3
United States

Thanks.  Hope it works nice when I get my Mavic up using it, HA!

-Rodger
2017-6-6
Use props
Griffith
lvl.4
Flight distance : 98537 ft
United States

Rodger Marjama Posted at 2017-6-6 10:04
Sure.  The only thing with dual extruders is they tend to produce a lessor quality because of excessive oozing.  I have one 3D printer with dual extruders, and 6 single exturders units.  The single extruder units are always running and the dual extruder I use at my desk for product design prototyping.  

-Rodger

What I was thinking was printing the tablet holder area with a more flexible material and support area with a harder TPU.  Maybe 2 pieces?
2017-6-6
Use props
Rodger Marjama
lvl.3
United States

I'll look at what is printing now and see.  I can print the whole thing in the harder TPU and it might be fine as well.  The design however has a lot of necessary "holes" in it, and this is the reason it is too flexy with NinjaFlex.  I'd prefer a single extrusion over dual extrusion for the reason mentioned, but your idea is possible for sure.

-Rodger
2017-6-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules