Binding different camera
1102 10 2015-3-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jdlucas
lvl.1

United States

I purchased a damaged camera on ebay and iI'm currently having it repaired.  I remember it doesn't have the S/N label on it and was wondering if I will need to bind this camera.  Is it the camera that is binded or the wifi module?  I think I read somewhere that it's the wifi unit that is binded and that you don't have to bind if just unplugging and replaciing the gimbal/camera.  Is this correct?  If not I may be screwed as I won't have the MAC address.
2015-3-12
Use props
tonyphantom147
lvl.3

United Kingdom

You need to supply more info. Which camera ? What phantom model ?
2015-3-12
Use props
jdlucas
lvl.1

United States

Phantom 2 Vision + and I'm referring to the DJI gimbal/camera.
2015-3-12
Use props
tonyphantom147
lvl.3

United Kingdom

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... age%3D1&lang=en
2015-3-12
Use props
crash1sttime
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1047503 ft
United Kingdom

Hi

You need to bind the range extender to the camera

You will need the MAC address but don't worry if you don't have it it's easy to get

Download wifi analyser it's an android app and it will detect the camera and give you the MAC address of it just enter the last 6 digits into the binding section of the app and your good to go
2015-3-12
Use props
jdlucas
lvl.1

United States

crash1sttime,

Thank you!

2015-3-13
Use props
jdlucas
lvl.1

United States

crash1sttime,

I used the wifi analyzer app but it only displays my extender or phantom network and my own local network.  I don't see my camera.  I. Trying it out on my existing camera not the repaired one.  Shouldn't I see the extender signal and the camera signal?

2015-3-14
Use props
shaftonhaney...
lvl.2

United States

I've swapped my camera and gimbal out twice so far and haven't had to do any rebinding. Just saying, maybe you have some other issue. Good luck though
2015-3-14
Use props
jdlucas
lvl.1

United States

No, I'm going to have another gimbal/camera repaired for a spare.  It would be nice to switch and not have to do anything but I think I need the MAC address of the camera. Beats me!
2015-3-14
Use props
johnwarr
First Officer
Flight distance : 6467 ft
United Kingdom

Never had to swap my V+ camera, but in theory there is no binding needed as the Wi-Fi unit is in the Phantom, just swapping the external camera and gimbal should not make any difference.
2015-3-14
Use props
Gerry1124
Second Officer

United States

jdlucas@embarqm Posted at 2015-3-15 04:58
crash1sttime,

I used the wifi analyzer app but it only displays my extender or phantom network and  ...

Put in the last 6 numbers of the QR code on the bottom of your Phantom, then bind it.
2015-3-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules