Gimbal Horizont problem
1024 6 2017-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PaulBirman
lvl.2
Flight distance : 374177 ft
Latvia

Hi, everyone! After my camera change in DJI support on my Mavic, I've noticed horizon problem, it doesn't level up correctly, almost after every yaw I have to level it up manually in DJI GO 4 app. I did camera calibration 3 times, and it didn't help, every time I change flight location I do compass calibration. I started to think maybe it's because of new update what came with fixed wing mode, or I have to recalibrate IMU.

I hope someone can help me with this Thank you!
2017-6-9
Use props
rnrnrn
lvl.4
Flight distance : 430932 ft
Germany

Hi,

The compass has nothing to do with your gimbal and doing a calibration too often is not advisable. You should just look at the figures when you do switch locations - if the compass error reads <100 then just leave it alone. With most of the equipment it's like this - calibrate only when necessary and with the Mavic you can go around the globe without ever calibrating and all will be fine.

The IMU is the thing to consider with the gimbal. Definitely an IMU calibration won't hurt. Afterwards do a gimbla calibration but do that with a nice horizontal line in the picture (like balcony door frame for example) and in very good lighting - if it's too dark you will have a problem. Afterwards apply manual correction to level out the horizon - should be less than 1 degree, in most cases 0.3-0.4 degree max - and go flying.

Hope this helps a bit ;) Cheers!
2017-6-9
Use props
PaulBirman
lvl.2
Latvia

rnrnrn Posted at 2017-6-9 01:14
Hi,

The compass has nothing to do with your gimbal and doing a calibration too often is not advisable. You should just look at the figures when you do switch locations - if the compass error reads

Thank you for quick replay! I read that also remote calibration could help, I'll try that also and then IMU.
2017-6-9
Use props
AACY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 518012 ft
United States

Just adjust the gimbal roll setting and you should be fine.
2017-6-9
Use props
PaulBirman
lvl.2
Latvia

Hi everyone! IMU calibration helped! But had some issues with imu calibration, now is summer and it was too hot to calibrate, every time I started to calibrate I stuck on 5% or 95% and then put error. I put Mavic in the fridge without battery for 1,5h and when I removed from the fridge a started IMU, and it worked, calibration took 5-10min, and now it flies better and no gimbal problems.
2017-6-18
Use props
dimgo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 315958 ft
Germany

1,5h into the fridge and then directly into a hot environment? Not sure if it's a good idea... keyword: water condensation.
2017-6-18
Use props
PaulBirman
lvl.2
Latvia

dimgo Posted at 2017-6-18 23:06
1,5h into the fridge and then directly into a hot environment? Not sure if it's a good idea... keyword: water condensation.

Yes it's pretty risky,I thought about that, but everything went well.
2017-6-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules