1192 3 2017-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
droningaroundth
lvl.2
Flight distance : 7344777 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

In September 2016 (my first drone, only 3 weeks old, and my 3rd flight) I had a nightmare flight in Beechey island, where my drone got completely crazy and did not respond to my commands any more. It landed in the sea.

I noticed months later in the flight log (it took me another accident in January 2017 with a new drone to learn about these things - for which DJI repaired the drone on their own costs as it was their fault) that there was a compass error after I started the flight from the beach... the wind carried the drone and there was nothing I could do. For months I thought it was some type of a beginner error, but only today, almost one year later (I asked DJI to at least explain to me what went wrong and if I had any rights of a replacement drone), DJI responded:

"Hi Sir,

Thanks for your patience.

For your claimed case CAS-xxxxxx-xxxxx, we have already finished the analysis, and the result is as follows:
Flight time:2016.09.01 09.22:51(utc+8)
FLY022; Home point:74.7215634, -91.8416966; Last point:74.7154911 -91.7417518;
1.The aircraft was controlled by pilot in gps mode;
2.T=17:26,h=-9m,d=3018.5m,flight record interrupt during Landing by intelligent battery;
3.Compass navigation bias was too large, the aircraft lost control due to environment.The Phantom 4 cannot operate within the polar areas.

According to the analysis, the incident was not caused by any product malfunction factors. As such, we could not provide warranty service.

Should you have more questions, please feel free to let me know.

Best Regards,

DJI Tech Support
http://www.dji.com/"

One of these texts in the manual you only know it exists when you lose your drone... Quite frustrating! Plus the horrible feeling to have left "trash" behind (under the sea)

I just wanted to warn you guys... issues really happen in the Arctic region!!!
2017-6-9
Use props
Porkhunt
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1417 ft
Australia

Some fish or Sea Creature now has some serious "Bling" in it's bedroom!!!
2017-6-10
Use props
Kneepuck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 275105 ft
United States

Your story is chilling.  I hope delays don't cause this to become a cold case.  Just stay cool and hope for the best.

Sorry, I couldn't resist
2017-6-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules