781 2 2017-6-9
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Trevlan006
lvl.3
Flight distance : 475118 ft
  • >>>
Canada

If we get compare error , is there anyway to switch out of GPS? And fly atti?
I remember in the good ol days of being able to do that. F550 comes to my mind.
I will be flying at an event that is a mix of outdoor and indoor the way the building is set up, it is open to the sky but has steel/metal beams.
I will be using full prop cage not guards and the ceiling is 50ft high and again half of it is open and other is not.

2017-6-9
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

You can't switch to Atti mode with Mavic , if the area is bright as you said it open you should have no problem with gps, regarding steel the problem you might have with this is magnetic interference which would effect your compass so even if you had Atti mode you would still have a problem.

If I was you I would do a recon of the building to see if gps is good and if there are any noticeable effects from steel etc, just maybe 5 minute flight.
You could do a compass calibration in the building so you compass takes on the parameters of the area, but this could cause you more problems, a last resort maybe.
2017-6-9
Use props
Trevlan006
lvl.3
Flight distance : 475118 ft
  • >>>
Canada

hallmark007 Posted at 2017-6-9 17:17
You can't switch to Atti mode with Mavic , if the area is bright as you said it open you should have no problem with gps, regarding steel the problem you might have with this is magnetic interference which would effect your compass so even if you had Atti mode you would still have a problem.

If I was you I would do a recon of the building to see if gps is good and if there are any noticeable effects from steel etc, just maybe 5 minute flight.

Thank you for that, what I meant is to just shut off GPS all together.
I did do some test flights while they were setting up and very few people around.
It was with the prop cage so the MP was a little off flying wise then I am used to. I flew out through the roof and overall did not have issues but that was today tomorrow is another story.
Only time I had a redundancy error was when I landed on the ground (concrete and metal I am sure) but landing and taking off from the picnic table seemed fine.
2017-6-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules