What is this for? Inspire 1 Transcoding Tool v0.92
6527 4 2015-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
crossfittb
lvl.3

United States

Inspire 1 Transcoding Tool v0.92* Mac OS X 10.9 or above.* Fix the abnormal behavior of the optional box 'profile'.
Saw an update for this. What is this used for? Do I download it to the bird, the remote or my MAC?
Once downloaded what is it used for and how do I make use of it?
I wish DJI would add a description explaining what these downloads are used for and how to download them correctly.
Thanks for any advice or help in advance!
2015-3-13
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

The transcoding tool is an application for your Mac.   

It is used to transcode (convert) your footage into the ProRes CODEC, which is much much easier to edit than the MP4 files the Inspire creates.   It can also color correct LOG footage so it looks good.

If you aren't having any problems working with your footage straight from the Inspire then you don't need it.   But if you play back your footage and it stops and starts, and looks flat and without contrast, it makes life much easier.

2015-3-13
Use props
crossfittb
lvl.3

United States

Thanks Jim. So far no problems with my footage straight from the camera. Guess I'll keep doing what has worked so far and keep it simple for myself. I am by no means a video producer so easy is better for me. lol
2015-3-13
Use props
Dobmatt
First Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

jimhare Posted at 2015-3-13 10:09
The transcoding tool is an application for your Mac.   

It is used to transcode (convert) your footage into the ProRes CODEC, which is much much easier to edit than the MP4 files the Inspire creates.   It can also color correct LOG footage so it looks good.

Jim, as a response to my D-Log footage quality concerns DJI suggested the use of their transcoding tools. Do you believe that such pre-processing will/may correct image quality issues, reported by many X5 camera users? I'm talking about some artifacts clearly visible in shadows and - in general - underexposed parts of D-Log image. The issue is described in detail here http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... D380%26typeid%3D380

Happy X-mas!
2016-12-23
Use props
jimhare
Second Officer
Flight distance : 239035 ft
Australia

Dobmatt Posted at 2016-12-24 16:39
Jim, as a response to my D-Log footage quality concerns DJI suggested the use of their transcoding tools. Do you believe that such pre-processing will/may correct image quality issues, reported by many X5 camera users? I'm talking about some artifacts clearly visible in shadows and - in general - underexposed parts of D-Log image. The issue is described in detail here http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=74819&extra=page%3D1%26filter%3Dtypeid%26typeid%3D380%26typeid%3D380

Happy X-mas!

Hey Dobmatt, Happy Xmas to you!

The short answer is Yes and No.  The long answer is in your post.   ;-)

http://forum.dji.com/forum.php?m ... 1&fromuid=21263
2016-12-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules