Camera getting hot
1887 5 2015-3-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

I had my I1 sat on my table today while setting up my second remote and camera settings. Had it running for about 5 minutes when i noticed the camera was getting hot.
Is this normal?
2015-3-13
Use props
Marktho1
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

I asked this question before and the answer I got in a nut shell is yes... it gets hot just sitting...
2015-3-13
Use props
alexmarnas
lvl.4
Flight distance : 606237 ft
Hong Kong

Got the same many times when playing with the sim...
2015-3-13
Use props
markaguille
Second Officer
Flight distance : 2031818 ft
Guernsey

Thanks guys, i thought i had a problem there.
2015-3-13
Use props
jlivingston6
lvl.3
Flight distance : 82556 ft
United States

So if it is normal, how hot is it going to get? Is it going to hurt the camera? Should have answers.
I don't want to buy another camera because of this issue.
Mine also gets hot while I am setting it up.
Have to go through a lot of settings, so maybe 5 minutes of being on.
What about flying and taking video in 105% weather, where you go through 2 batteries?
Anyone have the answers to these?
2015-8-31
Use props
scott.h.billing
lvl.1

United States

It gets hot and can actually either inhibit the camera from functioning or it may eventually damage the camera.

Several months ago when I had not had my Inspire more than a couple of months and needed to update the firmware.....AGAIN and I was not that familiar with the D D D D changing to a different tone, it took me a couple of hours to update the firmware for the camera, drone and 3 batteries.  

At the end of the updating, the camera was hot but functioning.

The next morning I tested the drone and the camera would not produce an image nor could you get a camera view.  Tried it again the next day and the same thing.  

I had a job out of state to video about 3,000 acres and planned the trip to stop at a DJI authorized dealer along the way (what were the chances?).

When I arrived at the dealer, I took out and set up the Inspire 1 and the camera worked fine and has ever since.  The Inspire 1 and the camera produced extremely great footage and I flew it for several hours with no problems whatsoever.

However, I am buying a backup camera as this drone is not a toy, it is a tool for producing images that make me money and it is not like you can just go down to the corner DroneZone and buy parts.
2015-9-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules