Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
RedRaptor
lvl.2
Flight distance : 94892 ft
United States

Hello,

I have been working on a Inspire 1 V2.

When I first got it it had been crashed and broke the camera, gimbal, gimbal mount, and some prop mounts. I replaced all these parts and It functioned flawlessly for me 1.5 batteries worth of flight. When the owner went to fly it the camera would not respond for them. So it is back in my shop and the camera is non responsive when you power on the I1v2. I tried the camera on a brand new I1v2 and it worked no problem. So I know the problem does not exist within the New Camera.

I dissasembled the aircraft and unplugged all the camera harnesses from both the gimbal and the aircraft inspected the wire, connection (aircraft and gimbal), and the connections on the wire and found nothing showing corosiion, wear, or exposed wires. Everything looked good, so I put it back together and tested it again. Same responce, no power up sequence on the camera and no signal from it. Camera apears to be dead, however we know that is not the case as I have tested it on a brand new I1v2.

What do you think may be the problem here? What else could be causing this camera issue? What parts do I need to consider for the next step of this repair.

Thanks,
RedRaptor
2017-6-13
Use props
DTK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1943159 ft
Australia

I guess it probably related to the mainboard connected to the camera. See this link above, http://forum.dji.com/thread-100064-1-1.html
2017-6-13
Use props
RedRaptor
lvl.2
United States

Replaced the flight controller and the harness and that fixed it. Updating this for others for future troubleshooting reference.
2017-7-7
Use props
Donnie *
First Officer
Flight distance : 3636782 ft
United States

RedRaptor Posted at 2017-7-7 09:38
Replaced the flight controller and the harness and that fixed it. Updating this for others for future troubleshooting reference.

Good job on the follow up , to often members have no idea what transpired .

thank You

donnie
2017-7-8
Use props
MaCJaX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 444193 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hey RedRaptor I know this is an old post and was hoping you are still on this forum. I noticed you replaced both the flight controller and harness. I have the same problem and replaced the flight controller and the cables going from the FC to the camera board but didn't replace the board yet as it still doesn't work. That is really the only thing left for me to replace. Did you replace the camera board ? When I say camera board I mean the board in the gimbal mount on the I1 . Thanks !!
2023-6-22
Use props
RedRaptor
lvl.2
United States

MaCJaX Posted at 6-22 07:08
Hey RedRaptor I know this is an old post and was hoping you are still on this forum. I noticed you replaced both the flight controller and harness. I have the same problem and replaced the flight controller and the cables going from the FC to the camera board but didn't replace the board yet as it still doesn't work. That is really the only thing left for me to replace. Did you replace the camera board ? When I say camera board I mean the board in the gimbal mount on the I1 . Thanks !!

Sounds like thats the last thing to replace. Have you verified that the camera is GTG on an alternate working Inspire 1?
2023-6-22
Use props
MaCJaX
lvl.4
Flight distance : 444193 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks Red, I figured it out and I am stupid. I actually read about it and didn't think to try it but what happened was the landing gear wasn't up all the way. Strange because it said it was in "Travel Mode" which it clearly wasn't but I guess it wasn't all the way up. The flight controller doesn't send power to the gimbal when it's in travel mode. I had to take it out of travel mode, and it then raised up literally a few more millimeters and the gimbal powered up and did it's dance.
2023-6-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules