For those of you who asked for more of my work

1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg
2017-7-17
Use props
vinnyhofx
lvl.2
Flight distance : 563264 ft
Canada

Awesome!! What are the settings you use for long expo shots like this on the Mavic?
2017-7-17
Use props
Asainz320
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1061594 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks! For these I was using long exposures with low ISO. About 2 seconds the longest exposure I remember for that night. But... after my last nightime flight, I really liked the results of using higher ISOs. The few I took at 1600 were, for .y surprise, pretty clean. This is great cus I can use way faster shutter speeds, getting everything almost tack sharp with more details.
2017-7-17
Use props
tellus1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 105551 ft
Australia

Wow great shots, well done!!
2017-7-17
Use props
Tripp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2241401 ft
United States

Really amazing shots...keep sharing them.
2017-7-17
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

We have such an awesome toy....thanks for sharing.
2017-7-17
Use props
Asainz320
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 2017-7-17 19:48
We have such an awesome toy....thanks for sharing.

Yes we do!!
2017-7-17
Use props
dronist
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

As always, very nice!
2017-7-19
Use props
Asainz320
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

dronist Posted at 2017-7-19 17:17
As always, very nice!

Comment appreciated!
2017-7-19
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Flight distance : 966978 ft
Belgium

Very nice photographic work.

Did you achieve this HDR effect with Lightroom?
I am surprised that you can shoot a photo with the Mavic using an exposure of 2 seconds without visible camera shake in the photo.

Regarding the legal aspect, are you allowed to fly your drone over Miami without special permission?
2017-7-20
Use props
Maol
lvl.2
Flight distance : 285098 ft
United States

Amazing shots!!
2017-7-20
Use props
Asainz320
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

MARSAN Posted at 2017-7-20 02:24
Very nice photographic work.

Did you achieve this HDR effect with Lightroom?

Thank you! Yes I like to make the final photo look somewhat HRDish. I like that effect. I get it to look like this in Lightroom. As for the legality to flying in Downtown Miami... it is mostly a Class B air space. This is because, as far as I know, there is a sea plane runway somewhere around Port of Miami. I did contacted them once and I was told that as long as I didn't fly right above them I was clear to fly in the area and that I didn't have to call them every time. There are helicopter pads in a few places including the Police Station, but I do fly away from them. I trying flying closer to buildings, but more than 50m away, like that I can always be safe in the sense that no helicopter should be flying where Im flying. Local Miami drone laws allow for dones weighing less than 5lbs to fly throughout the city without any special permissions. Again, this is what I know from what I've read. Dont take my word for it and always do your own research on the laws lol. We did have a cop come up to us and asked us what we were up to. We said we were about to fly some drones and asked him if it was ok to do so. He said as long as you follow the regulations we were good to go. He left left us alone and we proceeded to fly.
2017-7-20
Use props
Asainz320
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Also, we always check Airmap. I like that app better than B4UFLY. Some times if they have an event or there is a game going on in the Marlins Stadium Downtown Miami will become a NFZ so you gotta watch out for that. One more thing, Downtown Miami is right outside the 5 mile radius of the Miami International Airport, so if there's someone important like the president flying that day then they will also make it a NFZ. Always check with Airmap they keep their info very updated!
2017-7-20
Use props
Asainz320
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

One more thing! lol... We always try to fly over the water. We use the Miami River or sometimes we fly in front of Bayfront Park. We try to avoid flying over the roads or building whenever possible. We do it, but we try to minimize the time we spend doing it.
2017-7-20
Use props
Duane652000
lvl.1
Flight distance : 319429 ft
United States

Absolutely stunning.  You are making me miss my Mavic so much.  Not that I'm as good with it as you, but I love practicing.
2017-7-20
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Belgium

Asainz320 Posted at 2017-7-20 07:30
Thank you! Yes I like to make the final photo look somewhat HRDish. I like that effect. I get it to look like this in Lightroom. As for the legality to flying in Downtown Miami... it is mostly a Class B air space. This is because, as far as I know, there is a sea plane runway somewhere around Port of Miami. I did contacted them once and I was told that as long as I didn't fly right above them I was clear to fly in the area and that I didn't have to call them every time. There are helicopter pads in a few places including the Police Station, but I do fly away from them. I trying flying closer to buildings, but more than 50m away, like that I can always be safe in the sense that no helicopter should be flying where Im flying. Local Miami drone laws allow for dones weighing less than 5lbs to fly throughout the city without any special permissions. Again, this is what I know from what I've read. Dont take my word for it and always do your own research on the laws lol. We did have a cop come up to us and asked us what we were up to. We said we were about to fly some drones and asked him if it was ok to do so. He said as long as you follow the regulations we were good to go. He left left us alone and we proceeded to fly.

Lightroom is sure a nifty piece of software. Would you be able to do similar processing in PhotoShop?

You are very lucky to live in the USA regarding drone flying.
Here in my country, Belgium, it would be unthinkable to fly a drone in or over any Belgian city without the written permission of our Belgian DGTA (the Belgian equivalent of the FAA in the US).
On top of that the drone pilot must be a qualified and officially licensed drone pilot and the drone flying mission must be clearly detailed and submitted in writing to our DGTA who may or may not give permission for that flight.
2017-7-20
Use props
Asainz320
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

MARSAN Posted at 2017-7-20 08:34
Lightroom is sure a nifty piece of software. Would you be able to do similar processing in PhotoShop?

You are very lucky to live in the USA regarding drone flying.

Ohh wow, I guess I am lucky! Yes you can achieve similar results with Photoshop using Camera Raw. When you open a DNG file with Photoshop it automatically opens Camera Raw which has almost all the same features as Lightroom. Im not sure if you can also edit jpgs on Camera Raw but I would assume you can.
2017-7-20
Use props
Asainz320
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Duane652000 Posted at 2017-7-20 08:15
Absolutely stunning.  You are making me miss my Mavic so much.  Not that I'm as good with it as you, but I love practicing.

Thank you so much! Practice makes you better so keep practicing every chance you get!
2017-7-20
Use props
MARSAN
Second Officer
Belgium

Asainz320 Posted at 2017-7-20 09:41
Ohh wow, I guess I am lucky! Yes you can achieve similar results with Photoshop using Camera Raw. When you open a DNG file with Photoshop it automatically opens Camera Raw which has almost all the same features as Lightroom. Im not sure if you can also edit jpgs on Camera Raw but I would assume you can.

You are correct, the RAW file of a photo is definitely the one that permits a photographer to do really serious work on.
Thanks for your info.
2017-7-20
Use props
Dremundo
lvl.3
Flight distance : 144541 ft
United States

In true Miami fashion.... BROOOOOO these are fire..... I live in Miramar and hate driving down to Miami but damn I think these pics are going to make me go down there and practice! I wanted to give you props and I think you should enter these in the skypixel contest! Keep up the good stuff
2017-7-21
Use props
Asainz320
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Thank you so much Dremundo! Lets link up sometime and we can go take some shots!
2017-7-21
Use props
Mojito
lvl.2
United States

I was going to go to miami tonight and was wondering about that parking lot building on your first picture  off the bridge is that a good place to take  off or did you take off from bayfront. any suggestions. Amazing pictures  My pictures never com close to anything like that .
2017-8-18
Use props
Koyotii
lvl.4
Flight distance : 78907 ft
Poland

Great pictures
2017-8-18
Use props
Sportbike_Pilot
Captain
Flight distance : 10278435 ft
  • >>>
United States

Epic photos ! They radiate that Miami favor for sure.
2017-8-18
Use props
Asainz320
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Mojito Posted at 2017-8-18 05:09
I was going to go to miami tonight and was wondering about that parking lot building on your first picture  off the bridge is that a good place to take  off or did you take off from bayfront. any suggestions. Amazing pictures  My pictures never com close to anything like that .

Hey Mojito,

Thank you!! That parking lot I believe has a cross beam rooftop so i dont think its an dieal place to take off from. If you search in google for "Crazy About You" its a restaurant in brickell. There's a waterfront boulevard there, thats where I took off from. I had to hand launch from there because it seems that the sidewalk and concrete barrier are full of rebar, you'll get a lot of compass calibration errors if you set the bird on the floor.
2017-8-18
Use props
Mojito
lvl.2
United States

Thank you Asainz320.
2017-8-18
Use props
Gregbella
First Officer
Australia

They are great. are you going to post some more black and white photos ?
2017-8-19
Use props
Aqmal
lvl.2
Flight distance : 119446 ft
Malaysia

Nice Pic.....like it
2017-8-19
Use props
Mojito
lvl.2
United States

Thank you I was there last night at the location you mention and it was great had a hard time calibrating the compass had a great time also watch one of those boos cruise. where do you suggest for beach area. Nothinbg compare what you shot but did ok for auto setting on picture but on video got grainy on the sky.
2017-8-19
Use props
PascalG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 274327 ft
United States

Incredible pictures!  There is a reason why Miami is calle the magic. It's   i m always amazed how different a perspective you get from a drone... we often cruise past downtown at night or go up river. It's spectacular from the water but even more so from the air.
2017-8-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules