P4 not responding to controls
2340 39 2017-8-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

DJI just came real close to buying me a new p4. I just went for a test flight with my new tablet. I went up to 150 ft and it started out fine but then when I went forward it would only go forward 7mph so started to bring it back backwards. I got about halfway back and then it just wouldnt respond to any stick inputs. I hit the rth and it went up to 320 feet. My rth altitude is 60 meters. When it said it was landing it started coming down over a tree. It didnt want to stop the landing but I finally got it to. At this point its just stuck in the air. I did finally get it to move over a clear area but I really wasnt posative since it was 300 ft up. I didnt want to rth again cause it should have just come straight down and since I had very little control I didnt want to do that but it wouldnr lower the altitude with the stick. I ran inside to get my iphone to hook it up real fast and when I ran inside it started coming down with no stick input. It would drop a few feet and then the motors would spin up and it would hover again and then drop a few feet and then the motors would race and it would stop and hover. It was nerveracking as helll. As it got closer to the ground I literally had to catch it. While it was doing this I was hooking up my iphone and it was not auto landing. It just kept droping altitude all on its on. The fact that I had to catch it put me in a situation that could have ended badly. DJI, WE HAVE BEEN MORE THAN PATIENT. FIX THIS OR GIVE ME MY MONEY BACK, NOW!!!!!!!!!!!! Ive had enough of the BS! I was mildly agitated before but now im down right pi$$ed!

2017-8-4
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
Flight distance : 384432 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I thought you had all sorted out Here, has something gone wrong since then ?
2017-8-5
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-5 07:28
I thought you had all sorted out Here, has something gone wrong since then ?

Yeap......
2017-8-5
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

I rolled that sucker back with the quickness. DJI can void my warranty if they want. Thats totally fine, my father is an attorney and he will gladly represent me if they decide to do so. If they want to come here to fight a court battle they cant win then they are welcome to. When you release a faulty piece of software and then you promise me at the time of installation that I can remove it and go back to what I had pops assures me that by me doing what I was told I could do and the manufacturer offers no such option then I am more than within my legal rights to do so by any means necessary and when safety is my reason for doing so then they cant void my warranty when I do it so bring it on DJI. I really hope they do. Now had it caused damage during the process then they might have a valid reason to not repair it but once its on there and working then im good especially when the software that they dont want me to remove is so utterly useless. They've offered no solution in a reasonable amount of time so they cant void a damn thing. They cant hide behind their user agreement either. If it was my word against theirs then arbitration would be the only recourse but when the problem effects a large percentage of their products then that user agreement is worthless. No company can hide behind a user agreement when they are so clearly at fault. Not in the US anyway. Most user agreements are only valid in very limited situations. I could wright a user agreement that says you cant sue me for anything and then refuse to warranty defective products and then tell myself that user agreement covers me but I would only be fooling myself. Sorry DJI, US law just doesnt work like that. When your wrong, your wrong and DJI, you are wrong. I hope you do void somebody's warranty over this.
2017-8-5
Use props
TJF059
lvl.2
Flight distance : 207064 ft
Australia

They have lost me as a user and promoter of their product.They refuse to replace my P4 that landed itself in the water then took off and flew away.Because the flyaway was not recorded in the flight data. So now Im 2grand out of pocket
2017-8-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

I am sorry to hear your experience. Did you notice that was there any prompts on the app when the drone was not able to be controlled? Please try to calibrate the RC and IMU for your case. And I suggest that you contact to our support to start a data analysis. We would help to have an analysis of your case. Here’s the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support. Thank you.
2017-8-5
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

TJF059 Posted at 2017-8-5 18:01
They have lost me as a user and promoter of their product.They refuse to replace my P4 that landed itself in the water then took off and flew away.Because the flyaway was not recorded in the flight data. So now Im 2grand out of pocket

That must have been frustrating for you, could you please provide me with your ticket number so I can check the info? But since you had mentioned that the flight data had not recorded this case,  we're not able to verify what happened if the data had not shown.
2017-8-5
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
Flight distance : 287884 ft
France

Duchunter Posted at 2017-8-5 12:47
I rolled that sucker back with the quickness. DJI can void my warranty if they want. Thats totally fine, my father is an attorney and he will gladly represent me if they decide to do so. If they want to come here to fight a court battle they cant win then they are welcome to. When you release a faulty piece of software and then you promise me at the time of installation that I can remove it and go back to what I had pops assures me that by me doing what I was told I could do and the manufacturer offers no such option then I am more than within my legal rights to do so by any means necessary and when safety is my reason for doing so then they cant void my warranty when I do it so bring it on DJI. I really hope they do. Now had it caused damage during the process then they might have a valid reason to not repair it but once its on there and working then im good especially when the software that they dont want me to remove is so utterly useless. They've offered no solution in a reasonable amount of time so they cant void a damn thing. They cant hide behind their user agreement either. If it was my word against theirs then arbitration would be the only recourse but when the problem effects a large percentage of their products then that user agreement is worthless. No company can hide behind a user agreement when they are so clearly at fault. Not in the US anyway. Most user agreements are only valid in very limited situations. I could wright a user agreement that says you cant sue me for anything and then refuse to warranty defective products and then tell myself that user agreement covers me but I would only be fooling myself. Sorry DJI, US law just doesnt work like that. When your wrong, your wrong and DJI, you are wrong. I hope you do void somebody's warranty over this.

Thanks for delisting my words. DJI.

I agree and support in a
2017-8-5
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

DJI Thor Posted at 2017-8-5 19:27
I am sorry to hear your experience. Did you notice that was there any prompts on the app when the drone was not able to be controlled? Please try to calibrate the RC and IMU for your case. And I suggest that you contact to our support to start a data analysis. We would help to have an analysis of your case. Here’s the link to contact us: http://www.dji.com/support. Thank you.

When I looked back at the log I noticed that there were interference warning but they werent showing up on the screen. I would have immediately changed to another channel however I was flying from home and I fly here several times a week. Ive never experienced and radio interference. I live literally in the middle of nowhere. There is no broadband internet here so the few neighbors I do have arent using wifi routers and mobile phone coverage is hit and miss. The nearest tower is miles away. Im not aware of any ham operators either. I cant imagine where any interference would be originating. I have no idea why the warnings were not showing on the screen. I would have noticed them. It was one warning after another and I was testing the latency on a new tablet I was using so  I was watching the screen the entire time until it quit responding. I have since wiped my tablet and installed a legacy version of go4 because the latest version is using to much of my system resources and my video was as much as 30 seconds behind. The flight log is gone. Im using a Galaxy Tab S which has a quad core 1.9 ghz processor with 3 gigs of ram. It should work fine but it doesnt. I did switch devises when it refused to come down so there may be some data on my iPhone but honestly im not interested in sharing it. As soon as I do that you know exactly who I am and my p4 serial number and there goes my warranty. Ive resolved the issue, no thanks to dji.
2017-8-6
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Duchunter Posted at 2017-8-6 08:53
When I looked back at the log I noticed that there were interference warning but they werent showing up on the screen. I would have immediately changed to another channel however I was flying from home and I fly here several times a week. Ive never experienced and radio interference. I live literally in the middle of nowhere. There is no broadband internet here so the few neighbors I do have arent using wifi routers and mobile phone coverage is hit and miss. The nearest tower is miles away. Im not aware of any ham operators either. I cant imagine where any interference would be originating. I have no idea why the warnings were not showing on the screen. I would have noticed them. It was one warning after another and I was testing the latency on a new tablet I was using so  I was watching the screen the entire time until it quit responding. I have since wiped my tablet and installed a legacy version of go4 because the latest version is using to much of my system resources and my video was as much as 30 seconds behind. The flight log is gone. Im using a Galaxy Tab S which has a quad core 1.9 ghz processor with 3 gigs of ram. It should work fine but it doesnt. I did switch devises when it refused to come down so there may be some data on my iPhone but honestly im not interested in sharing it. As soon as I do that you know exactly who I am and my p4 serial number and there goes my warranty. Ive resolved the issue, no thanks to dji.

The Android device App' seem to be more sensitive to interference. I had similar reported on my Nexus 7 (2103) which I use as a backup (never used in practice to be honest). But I discovered that when I disabled wifi by switching Nexus to airplane mode, all the interference reports stopped.

You mentioned switching channels, most of the time auto mode is best and would have switched if bad interference on the channel being used.
2017-8-6
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-6 09:11
The Android device App' seem to be more sensitive to interference. I had similar reported on my Nexus 7 (2103) which I use as a backup (never used in practice to be honest). But I discovered that when I disabled wifi by switching Nexus to airplane mode, all the interference reports stopped.

You mentioned switching channels, most of the time auto mode is best and would have switched if bad interference on the channel being used.

I had it in Airplane mode. I was trying to get the resource usage down as much as possible. I could turn off the video cache and that would help but it would progressively get farther and farther behind. I never had a problem when I was using my 5th gen Amazon Fire. The video would be glitchy  but the latency was minimal. I just cant figure out why my Galaxy S is so far behind. Its using as much as 2 gigs of ram when its doing nothing, about 1.85 in airplane mode. Something is pulling some serious system resources. I put 4.0.3 on it and that seems to work ok. The video is glitchy about like my fire was but at least its workable. My iPhone 6 with a 1ghz processor and 1 gig of ram works just great. I dont get it.
2017-8-6
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

T-R Posted at 2017-8-5 20:06
Thanks for delisting my words. DJI.

I agree and support in a

What are you saying? Im sorry, I dont understand.
2017-8-6
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

I think im gonna try ES Task Manager and see if I can shut some stuff down. Something on it is eating up some serious memory.
2017-8-6
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
China

Duchunter Posted at 2017-8-6 09:23
I had it in Airplane mode. I was trying to get the resource usage down as much as possible. I could turn off the video cache and that would help but it would progressively get farther and farther behind. I never had a problem when I was using my 5th gen Amazon Fire. The video would be glitchy  but the latency was minimal. I just cant figure out why my Galaxy S is so far behind. Its using as much as 2 gigs of ram when its doing nothing, about 1.85 in airplane mode. Something is pulling some serious system resources. I put 4.0.3 on it and that seems to work ok. The video is glitchy about like my fire was but at least its workable. My iPhone 6 with a 1ghz processor and 1 gig of ram works just great. I dont get it.

I do use a galaxy s10.1 all fine
2017-8-6
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
China

Hello Ardvark
Till know I really was impressed by you knowledge.  But... How an APP , a software, can be " sensitive to interferences". Wow that sounds like big words, but, buddy, dosent work.  If I switch all GPS, cellular and WiFi off, plus airplane mode....how any app can be sensitive? There is just...nothing to receive.
Iterferencen are caused m
By radio or / and magnetic fields.  Or do you talk something else?  Something caused by the USER of the Android. ?
Come one...
In fact is that DJI prefers massively Appel user. To gif bad software to android user hopefully makes they move to Appel. Good for the relationship between Appel and them. Clear.?
2017-8-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

T-R Posted at 2017-8-6 19:52
Hello Ardvark
Till know I really was impressed by you knowledge.  But... How an APP , a software, can be " sensitive to interferences". Wow that sounds like big words, but, buddy, dosent work.  If I switch all GPS, cellular and WiFi off, plus airplane mode....how any app can be sensitive? There is just...nothing to receive.

If I read his postings correctly, Duchunter chooses a fixed frequency and does not allow auto switching. Fine if nothing is around, but if something comes up on that frequency, you are stuffed because you handcuffed your system to that frequency and it cannot change to another less populated frequency.

I know people say it is the best way to go, but they just may be wrong. The whole reason that RC Radio manufacturers, including DJI, implement Frequency Hopping is so the system is tolerant of other devices interferring on the same frequency. If it gets too hard, the system changes to another frequency.

Looking for ham radio operators or power lines or stuff like that is not going to find the culprit. We are operating in a frequency band that is not policed by authorities anywhere in the world. They literally say to the manufactures 'Use this band, limit the power to this level and go for it, but if someone else interferes with your transmission, then that's tough'

Just about anything that transmits radio information uses this band, and there are hundreds of little devices around you that are using the band and you would not know they are there. Got a cordless phone in the house? A baby monitor? Garage door remote? Kids radio control toy? The list is endless.
2017-8-6
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
China

Geebax Posted at 2017-8-6 20:37
If I read his postings correctly, Duchunter chooses a fixed frequency and does not allow auto switching. Fine if nothing is around, but if something comes up on that frequency, you are stuffed because you handcuffed your system to that frequency and it cannot change to another less populated frequency.

I know people say it is the best way to go, but they just may be wrong. The whole reason that RC Radio manufacturers, including DJI, implement Frequency Hopping is so the system is tolerant of other devices interferring on the same frequency. If it gets too hard, the system changes to another frequency.

Ok.so far. But you said this is related to Android systems and the Android APP.  Now I talk about general radio knowledge.  To fix a frequency is not a feature of Android. This is a option DJI programmed. So it is free to use.  If There comes a issue out, it's NOT the fault of the USER, or Android. Bringing the whole to HAM radio.... I guess I don't have to say how think the ice is where u walk, just because we talk about the difference between long,- and short wave and the walk of the wave, and WiFi. And modulation of waves. So please, don't mix the topic.
2017-8-6
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

T-R Posted at 2017-8-6 21:25
Ok.so far. But you said this is related to Android systems and the Android APP.  Now I talk about general radio knowledge.  To fix a frequency is not a feature of Android. This is a option DJI programmed. So it is free to use.  If There comes a issue out, it's NOT the fault of the USER, or Android. Bringing the whole to HAM radio.... I guess I don't have to say how think the ice is where u walk, just because we talk about the difference between long,- and short wave and the walk of the wave, and WiFi. And modulation of waves. So please, don't mix the topic.

No, I did not say this is related to Android systems at all, please re-read the thread, that was Aardvark, not me.

And in any event, what I think he was saying was that the Android version of the app seems to be more sensitive to the interference alarm. This has nbothing to do with Android receiving anything, it is just processing signal levels detected by the RC unit and the aircraft.
2017-8-6
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

T-R Posted at 2017-8-6 19:52
Hello Ardvark

"If I switch all GPS, cellular and WiFi off, plus airplane mode....how any app can be sensitive? There is just...nothing to receive."

Correct, and by leaving your wifi activated on display device, there is plenty for the RC or aircraft to receive, both working at 2.,4GHz. On my Nexus 7 (2013) it reports lots of interference, I switch off wifi on display device, and the reports from DJI Go 4 stop. It's that easy.

As to big words, I'll try and explain a bit more:-

Quite simple really, it's obviously checking the noise level on each channel. An indication of the readings is given on the 'y axis' of the graph. From -60 dBm to -100 dBm.

So one build might regard anything above -90 dBm to be 'noisy' and give us a notification saying there was a lot of noise (in comparison to signal).
Whereas the newer build might regard any value above -93 dBm to be noisy enough to give us notification. Potentially being 'more sensetive' and generating more noise reports.

And that is how the App' could or couldn't be more sensitive, by adjusting the values it is looking at.

That -3dBm difference represents a 50% power loss, or 100% power gain (+3dBm), depending on whether you are looking at attenuation or amplification.

So if power in divided by power out were 1/2 (0.5) then the logarithm (base 10)  of 0.5 is equal to -0.3. Then multiply by 10 (that's the 'd' bit in dBm) to give -3dBm (decibel miliwatt) loss.

It's amazing the things that stick in the mind after higher education and over 40 years of working as a telecoms technician (now retired).
2017-8-7
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
France

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-7 01:22
"If I switch all GPS, cellular and WiFi off, plus airplane mode....how any app can be sensitive? There is just...nothing to receive."

Correct, and by leaving your wifi on display device turned on there is plenty for the RC or aircraft to receive, both working at 2.,4GHz. On my Nexus 7 (2013) it reports lots of interference, I switch off wifi on display device, and the reports from DJI Go 4 stop. It's that easy.

So sorry for you. 40 years in job and now retired... and you still believe a APP intervenes and not radio waves. So sorry. A app only can tell a radio to do so. So the radio interfere. Not the app. But again for retired ones... he said clearly..he switched all radios like cellular, and WiFi OFF... What do you don't understand on that ? The tablet is not giving ANY emissions. Just the receiver of the drone.
2017-8-7
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

T-R Posted at 2017-8-7 01:30
So sorry for you. 40 years in job and now retired... and you still believe a APP intervenes and not radio waves. So sorry. A app only can tell a radio to do so. So the radio interfere. Not the app. But again for retired ones... he said clearly..he switched all radios like cellular, and WiFi OFF... What do you don't understand on that ? The tablet is not giving ANY emissions. Just the receiver of the drone.

If you are going to participate in this forum, then mind your manners and stop insulting people who clearly know better than you do. You are not understanding what Aardvark is saying, nor myself, and you are also doing the same in other threasds. It seems your grasp of English is poor, so better to take a safe course and stay silent.
2017-8-7
Use props
T-R
lvl.4
France

you are so funny
2017-8-7
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

T-R Posted at 2017-8-7 01:30

"But again for retired ones... he said clearly..he switched all radios like cellular, and WiFi OFF... What do you don't understand on that ? The tablet is not giving ANY emissions. Just the receiver of the drone. "

He says he was in airplane mode (post 11) in response to my question. Prior to that there is no mention of the wifi on his device being switched off. Nowhere in posts 1, 4 or 9 does he mention switching off wifi on his display. I asked in post 10. In post 11 he responds with information.

So my question was valid, and a positive contribution that may help him and others.
2017-8-7
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-7 02:01
"But again for retired ones... he said clearly..he switched all radios like cellular, and WiFi OFF... What do you don't understand on that ? The tablet is not giving ANY emissions. Just the receiver of the drone. "

He says he was in airplane mode (post 11) in response to my question. Prior to that there is no mention of the wifi on his device being switched off. Nowhere in posts 1, 4 or 9 does he mention switching off wifi on his display. I asked in post 10. In post 11 he responds with information.

Your question was very valid and you are correct about everything you said.
2017-8-7
Use props
fansd5d9b47b
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17736 ft
United States

I'm just curious, not to be a smart ass, do you you guys have you WiFi turned on and logged into your account?
2017-8-7
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-8-6 20:37

I switched to a single channel after I installed 4.1.3 on my iphone. If you noticed in my crash video the video was cutting out and blocking up the entire flight. When I got my new p4 the problem persisted, it did the same thing. When I switched it to the best available channel the problem stopped. The video has been perfect up until I got this Android tablet. Now my initial problem was that the tablet didnt run 4.1.3 very efficiently. The latency was just unbelievable which I dont understand. The new tablet runs circles around my iphone. It has twice the processing power and 3 times the ram. I removed 4.1.3 and put 4.0.3 on it and that solved the latency issue but now im getting the same signal problem I had before. Im pretty sure its the signal and not the device. The intermittent video shows up on the cached video. When I used my Fire tablet it couldnt process the video fast enough to view it in real time but the cached video was perfect so im pretty sure its a transmission issue. I put it back on auto and the problem persists. Im going to try a few different channels. If that doesnt work ill try rolling the controller firmware back. I did try my iphone again after this and it was perfect so it could be the tablet or it just picked a good channel that flight. IDK
2017-8-7
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansd5d9b47b Posted at 2017-8-7 04:00
I'm just curious, not to be a smart ass, do you you guys have you WiFi turned on and logged into your account?

You don't need wifi to fly with the P4, the latest firmware only requires you to be connected to a valid App' , for example DJI Go 4. The requirement to log into your account only needs to be done once, usually as part of the latest aircraft upgrade process. After that all should be good without wifi or cell connection; unless of course you want live mapping information, or perhaps you need GPS switched on in device to use 'Follow Me', or set 'Home Point' to current RC location.
2017-8-7
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Duchunter Posted at 2017-8-7 03:47
Your question was very valid and you are correct about everything you said.

Thank you (The Cheques in the post ).
2017-8-7
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

I figured out why locking it on a channel works better. When you let it auto select it auto selects the channel but it also raises the bit rate which makes my video drop out and block up. If im not on 4 mps then the video is not stable .I think ill start a thread on the subject cause I imagine a lot of people are having this issue.
2017-8-7
Use props
fansd5d9b47b
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17736 ft
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-7 04:13
You don't need wifi to fly with the P4, the latest firmware only requires you to be connected to a valid App' , for example DJI Go 4. The requirement to log into your account only needs to be done once, usually as part of the latest aircraft upgrade process. After that all should be good without wifi or cell connection; unless of course you want live mapping information, or perhaps you need GPS switched on in device to use 'Follow Me', or set 'Home Point' to current RC location.

The only reason I ask is, I updated my P4 from the first day the update came out, have (02) batteries made over 40 flights and never have had a problem?
2017-8-7
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Duchunter Posted at 2017-8-7 08:59
I figured out why locking it on a channel works better. When you let it auto select it auto selects the channel but it also raises the bit rate which makes my video drop out and block up. If im not on 4 mps then the video is not stable .I think ill start a thread on the subject cause I imagine a lot of people are having this issue.

There was an Android 'fix' from the past that involved changing the USB port configuration (close on a year ago). It certainly worked wonders for my Nexus at the time. Have you tried anything like that ?
2017-8-7
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fansd5d9b47b Posted at 2017-8-7 09:15
The only reason I ask is, I updated my P4 from the first day the update came out, have (02) batteries made over 40 flights and never have had a problem?

The problem is that we do not know what the exact success or fail rate numbers are, I'm sure DJI probably have some idea. But there does seem to be a significant number of failures, for whatever reason, linked to the last firmware release. My experience is similar to yours with the exception of 4k video recording cutting out randomly and gimbal reset. If I recorded in 1080P I'd be none the wiser I think.
2017-8-7
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

That could very well be the answer. Raising the bit rate only makes it harder for the link to work in real time. Personally, I am a fan of leaving the channel selecxtion in auto mode, as it has never given me any trouble on my aircraft.
2017-8-7
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-7 09:41
There was an Android 'fix' from the past that involved changing the USB port configuration (close on a year ago). It certainly worked wonders for my Nexus at the time. Have you tried anything like that ?

I have not. Ill have to check into that. Thanks for the info
2017-8-8
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Geebax Posted at 2017-8-7 19:34
That could very well be the answer. Raising the bit rate only makes it harder for the link to work in real time. Personally, I am a fan of leaving the channel selecxtion in auto mode, as it has never given me any trouble on my aircraft.

I would prefer to keep it on auto and always have in the past but I started having transmission issues after  one of the updates. I noticed that locking it in solved the issue. I think that the ios version returns it to 4 mbps when its on manual because just putting it on manual fixed the problem. The android version definitely does not, at least not 4.0.3. It automatically changes it to 6 mbps and it stays there when you change it back to manual. If you dont move it back to 4 mbps then the problem persists. It took me a minute to notice that but when I put it back on 4 it solved the problem.
2017-8-8
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Duchunter Posted at 2017-8-8 09:14

Have a read of this thread, you will need to enable developer option on your device, then try changing USB to MTP on device. On my Nexus 7 this cleared interference and green blocks from screen.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-52054-1-1.html

Edit:- set DJI Go 4 to auto for channel sellect, then try above see if anything clears up.

2017-8-8
Use props
microlinux
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2576972 ft
  • >>>
United States

It would be nice if you could manually set the rate and Go would just channel hop.

The 32 channel "hack" for Go is very helpful when flying in congested areas.
2017-8-8
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Duchunter Posted at 2017-8-6 08:53

Would it possible that it popped up and disappeared too fast to notice it? Or please provide us with the screenshot if it is possible. About the interference, you can take a notice on the HD settings, it will show the noise around, choose a stable channel when flying. Besides, if you want to confirm this case by us, you can contact us, we are pleased to help.
2017-8-9
Use props
Aardvark
First Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Duchunter Posted at 2017-8-8 09:14

You could also try disabling the video cache on device, that would reduce the load on CPU and memory a bit on your Android tablet.
2017-8-9
Use props
Duchunter
lvl.4
United States

Aardvark Posted at 2017-8-8 10:01
Have a read of this thread, you will need to enable developer option on your device, then try changing USB to MTP on device. On my Nexus 7 this cleared interference and green blocks from screen.

http://forum.dji.com/thread-52054-1-1.html

I will definitely try that, thanks. I have turned off the cache and that does help but I really dont want to do that. I have insurance  on my p4 and when the last one crashed and was lost all I had to show State Farm was the cached video. They didnt ask for it but I imagine that if it happens again they probably will. I noticed that if I restart the app after I take off it will work pretty good but if I dont it lags behind and it gets worse over time. I thought I had it worked out but its still giving me fits.
2017-8-9
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules